Is today 'Rapid' Day?

Is today that the day that the Rapid is officially launched and the embargo on pictures is lifted?

If so, can any dealers with Rapids post some pictures for us all to see and drool over?

Who will be the first Briskodian to take ownership of a Rapid?

Sat in one today at Garland Skoda.

Disappointed with a capital D!

A salesman asked if I was interested and I said I would have been if they'd been bothered to spec it properly with the 1,4 DSG engine in the Elegance and that I thought it would be severely & readily trounced by SEAT who have put the 1,4 DSG in the new Toledo, which is exactly the same a the Rapid apart from some body tweeks & it will cost less than the Rapid Elegance too even when fully specced up.

His face was a picture, especially as I told him that I just negotiated a deal on a AWD Kia for £2800 less than list, got a cracking deal on the Octavia too, which would beat the Yeti as well.

Been to see and sat in the Rapid today, 1.6 Tdi SE in Metallic light blue, loaded and a cost of £19K ish

Verdict, DISAPPOINTED, Nasty cheap plastic dash and door trim, not worth the money.

Who will buy one......................... Stevie Wonder. (maybe)

Not for me, complete waste.

• Like 1

According to the sales guy I spoke to the new Octavia is more or less the size of the current Superb & new Superb is about 10% bigger than the existing models! chin.gif

it's always been thus. Remember how tiny the MkI Golf is by comparison to the GolfII et al. The Golf VII is bigger again than the VI IIRC. I really don't get why manufacturers make 'small' cars bigger with each consecutive model. My bloody garage doesn't get any wider or longer to compensate ffs!
  • Like 1

I had a look at a Golf Mk7 and the price is exorbitant & the boot is tiny, I configured one and it cost £27,800 for a 5dr 1,4 GT TSi (140) DSG with Sat Nav, Xenons, Winter Pack, Park Assist, Bluetooth & Metallic Paint.

OK that's nicely loaded & a high spec machine, but the car is just living on the cache of a badge as far as I can see.

A basic Golf Mk 7 is still a better bet than a basic Rapid @ £17k.

If you want to spend around about £19-21k then try SEAT's new Toledo SE which when fully specced up will give you full Sat-Nav etc for £21k + the 1,4 (122) DSG engine.

I had a look at a Golf Mk7 and the price is exorbitant & the boot is tiny, I configured one and it cost £27,800 for a 5dr 1,4 GT TSi (140) DSG with Sat Nav, Xenons, Winter Pack, Park Assist, Bluetooth & Metallic Paint.

OK that's nicely loaded & a high spec machine, but the car is just living on the cache of a badge as far as I can see.

A basic Golf Mk 7 is still a better bet than a basic Rapid @ £17k.

If you want to spend around about £19-21k then try SEAT's new Toledo SE which when fully specced up will give you full Sat-Nav etc for £21k + the 1,4 (122) DSG engine.

I think SWTSMBO will end up with a Yeti 140, if she can get it specced with 16" wheels. She'll only have a diesel, and the 105 Golf VII just aint got the guts. The Diesel GT is, IIRC a 170 and the budget probably won't stretch to that. A Rapid could be an option, but she tried a Fabia with the 105 and said 'it's gutless'! I fear the 105 in the Rapid with the extra weight will be even more 'gutless'. It really needs a stronger power plant IMHO.

According to the sales guy I spoke to the new Octavia is more or less the size of the current Superb & new Superb is about 10% bigger than the existing models!

In this case I don't think size matters. It seems to be quality of trim & poor engine choice that people don't approve of.

People seem to like the new styling and overall look if the Rapid.

Wonder if BossFox will get one and do an engine transplant...

• Like 1

I think SWTSMBO will end up with a Yeti 140, if she can get it specced with 16" wheels. She'll only have a diesel, and the 105 Golf VII just aint got the guts. The Diesel GT is, IIRC a 170 and the budget probably won't stretch to that. A Rapid could be an option, but she tried a Fabia with the 105 and said 'it's gutless'! I fear the 105 in the Rapid with the extra weight will be even more 'gutless'. It really needs a stronger power plant IMHO.

Golf Mk7 GT 5 door: The diesel is a 2.0CR 150bhp unit; The 6 spd manual is £23,465 before options & DSG version £24,880 before options.

I'm sure they will look after your Dog and I believe theres a holder for your white stick

B) 'Hello,,,,is it meeeeeee you're looking for forrrrrrrr :D

just realised that 'Hello' is by Lionel Richtea, not Stevie Wonder, my apologies :(

B) I just called, to sayyyyyy I loveeeeeeee youuuuuuu :p

It is &75 according to the brochure I have.

My Bad, your correct. £75 for a carpet/rubber mat.

I can't really understand why Skoda have built this to slot in between the Fabia and the Octavia. even though the New Octavia is going to be bigger

Poor trim levels, not many engine choices and Expensive

I don't think you should slate this car too much

Its put together solidly, the look of it is smart and crisp.

Its expensive with all the options ticked of course but on the top specs price wise but it'll still be better value than the equivalent rival such as the i30 and c'eed?

The Koreans in my eyes are trying to reach the Vag shelf and cant quite tip toe high enough. Give the car a break its not there to be a premium car, nor is it a rival to your stupid Sportage, yes its a nice car but you might aswell say you want a pheaton and slate an up for being low rent and cheap! Completely different class of vehicle in my eyes.

They have done a pretty good job making the most of what they can within a budget.

I won't deny that it's not well "screwed" together, however the seats were horrid & of low grade fabric, the interior felt extremely cheap and horrid. The doors & boot all felt nicely weighted and closed with a nice satisfying Germanic thud, however a lot of people will be severely disappointed with it, especially as I have previously stated you can get better VFM with the new SEAT Toledo which is essentially the same car with bodywork tweaks.

Oh BTW, the Sportage will keep going in snow & in water that will stop your vRS & of course it has AWD, which makes it more practical and it has a bigger boot to boot, the floor is flat & level with the boot lip, it comes with a FULL SIZE ALLOY spare & it has a 180bhp engine in it too, so next time I'm in the SW and the weather is completely inclement with either heavy rain or snow and I see a vRS stuck, I'll of course forward your details to the rescue services.

My Bad, your correct. £75 for a carpet/rubber mat.

I can't really understand why Skoda have built this to slot in between the Fabia and the Octavia. even though the New Octavia is going to be bigger

Poor trim levels, not many engine choices and Expensive

Have you looked at what Kia & Hyundai have to offer round Engine choices, spec, & additional options on the website ?

I had a look, & its like buying a Model T, you can have whatever you like as long as you dont want any extras.

Have you looked at what Kia & Hyundai have to offer round Engine choices, spec, & additional options on the website ?

I had a look, & its like buying a Model T, you can have whatever you like as long as you dont want any extras.

I'm not bothered about the Kia or Hyundai trim level or engine spec, I'm can't seem to fathom out why Skoda have built this model

Even my local dealer thinks it will be a flop.