Is today 'Rapid' Day?

I don't have a problem with winders on the rear windows, just means less electrical stuff to go wrong. I never drive with the rear windows down any way !

The only extra spec other than standard i would want is ESP, as long as the car heater works fairly quickly, then i am not bothered about heated seats.

Evening Star - Will be interesting to see which car has problems first, your Kia or a Rapid.

Does it not come with ESP as standard? Surprising, would have thought that would have that would have been on the std kit list for a new model in 2012.

Is it not also an upcoming EU directive about ESP being standard fit to new models? Probably not until 2015 but shows where things are going. Also means it can't achieve 5* EuroNCAP status which to me is another missed opportunity.

Does it not come with ESP as standard? Surprising, would have thought that would have that would have been on the std kit list for a new model in 2012.

Is it not also an upcoming EU directive about ESP being standard fit to new models? Probably not until 2015 but shows where things are going. Also means it can't achieve 5* EuroNCAP status which to me is another missed opportunity.

Warbi - It may come as standard - I don't known. I was just making an assumption that it did not.

Checking on Skoda UK web site, it appears it does come as standard on S model:

(From Skoda UK website):

Safety, Security & Technology - Standard equipment (part of standard equipment, see web site for more details):

- ESC Inc. ABS, MSR, ASR, EDS and HBA

I don't have a problem with winders on the rear windows, just means less electrical stuff to go wrong. I never drive with the rear windows down any way !

The only extra spec other than standard i would want is ESP, as long as the car heater works fairly quickly, then i am not bothered about heated seats.

Evening Star - Will be interesting to see which car has problems first, your Kia or a Rapid.

And your point in including a link to my profile? Unless of course you're a trouble maker.

Evening Star, i don't wish to make trouble, you seem to keep mentioning all the positive aspects of having a Kia, i.e or the added extra at no extra cost. I think we all know that Skoda will not compete on the level, but what Skoda do make is good quality reliable and solid cars. I think the reliability of a Skoda will out last that of a Kia.

This is not trouble making, just making a point.

I had a quick glance at the Rapid and generally agree with the comments above.

I would like to point out that I've had less trouble with my 2007 Kia Cee'd than I had with my Superb, my brothers A2 and a friends Golf. Everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion..for example someone above rates the Fiesta higher than a Cee'd...I had one as a courtesy car and hated it..

Overall, back on topic I think Skoda will do well with the Rapid, its fresh and has sensible economical engines.

I love how threads on here degenerate into some sort of contest!

My OP was for pictures of a Rapid that was not just official Skoda stuff - and only one person had obliged despite the high numbers of views and posts...

Has anyone bought one yet (although I can understand why they wouldn't want to own up on this thread)?

• Like 1

one thing i notice (same as the citigo) there seems to be only one or two nice to haves between each level and ther other few items are things that should be on the base model

everything else (as with VW's) is an option you have to pay for

the lack of this type of "everything is an option" was why i have been a skoda customer for nearly 15 years

but if they are going down the route they seem to be not sure my next car will be a skoda, but that will be a few years time as only got my fabia GLII in june

but as you will see from my other thread today was unimpressed and disappointed with the rapid, the citigo was a far better launch and far better recieived by the press and member on here, i was actually tempted by the citigo (had it not been for a the no vat on the fabia) not at all tempted by the rapid

The Rapid is playing the 'most metal for the money' value card. Given a few months I'm guessing it will be available with discounts and it's then going to be more appealing and the price gap between this and the octy 3 will be more apparent. In essence though, it's old tech repackaged in a new glossy coat - I'm guessing Skoda margins are quite high on the car so really do think they'll start playing it as a value product in the near future and include it in every offer under the sun (0% apr, vat free etc). Only time will tell though...

Just picked up my new Octavia from the dealer

oddly enough there were some pensioners looking at the one in the showroom while i was there

Very Clever of Skoda to aim the car at Pensioners, most have failing eyesight and won't realise just how ugly it really is, both inside and out. Also there's a clip on the Windscreen where the "Blue Badge Parking Disc " will Go

:giggle:

Very Clever of Skoda to aim the car at Pensioners, most have failing eyesight and won't realise just how ugly it really is, both inside and out. Also there's a clip on the Windscreen where the "Blue Badge Parking Disc " will Go

:giggle:

I guess that's supposed to be funny. Ha!

Besides I won't be here much longer anyway, the new one has arrived in the UK, so I will be leaving shortly.

Would you mind either voluntarily leaving this thread or modifying your future posts to be more tolerant of members whose opinions differ to yours?

Thank you.

• Like 2

Just to briefly go back to the subject of soft-touch plastics, and the lack of them in this model .... Yesterday morning I picked up my PS3 controller to play a couple of games (I haven't done this for 12+ months, it's mostly just a bluray machine for me now), and because I'd made a mistake and left the controller where sunlight could get to it, the "soft touch" plastic on the analogue inputs had gone sticky! Soft touch plastics in my car's interior? No thanks!

Would you mind either voluntarily leaving this thread or modifying your future posts to be more tolerant of members whose opinions differ to yours?

Thank you.

Perhaps if you can't take the odd bloody nose, you should crawl back under your stone, I don't do the "PC" crap, if you can't take some politically incorrect remarks you'd better retire from the internet.

Or are you going to come & lecture me about going to Sickipedia too?

Evening Star: nothing you have aid has directly offended me. Sorry.

What has annoyed me is that your recent comments have taken the thread off subject by a long way and are spoiling what could have been an interesting discussion.

• Like 1