insurance time

dubDEAN

Am with adrian flux modified policy, 650 with all mods declaired same as cheapest quote on go compaire as a standard car

Mine stayed same when i renewed this year even with extra years no claims

• Like 1

who you guys using

Kwik Fit sent me an automated email at £178.97. That won't be with anything declared though. But apart from poly bushes and S3 seats, mine's still standard. My insurance isn't actually due until January, so I wonder what Admiral will quote me this year...

Don't forget though, geography has a HUGE effect on insurance prices. I once moved 200metres, and Admiral tried to charge me an extra £60. I say tried, I didn't let them get away with it. They actually waived it, when I told them how close it was, and how stupid they were being...

I found both greenlight and HIC to be very competitive. Prices were pretty close to each other, but as the HIC quote included protected no claims I went for them, even though I understand greenlight has well known underwriters. Also the chap I spoke to at HIC asked that I give a shout out on the forum at some point!

The quotes were still not far off the £600 mark, but I am 25 living in Birmingham and they beat my renewal by nearly £600!

i use sky insurance for my car it was £730 odd comp with all my engine/build mods declared and like for like replacements.is this insurance going up thing a myth? mine has never risen!! mind you i do stand my ground on the issue,what we get asked to pay is the highest amount they can get away with while still being able to look you in the eye!! except when you buy over the phone!!!

'Kinell. If that's what it costs to run a modded vRS in Brize, then I'm definitely keeping mine standard. Soddit, if I need more power I'll take the bike out, or drive her 335. Much cheaper to insure, and infinitely better handling...

Yeah, but what's it really worth in the real world? Not much more than a standard one unless you take it to bits.

thats modifying mate,you never get it back!!
  • Like 1

May not ALWAYS be the best price, but the chaps at Brentacre in Swansea are total legends. I can't use them, coz they won't insure me across Europe, but I've had all kinds of modded Golfs and the Octy with them in the past and they're awesome. Few blokes in an office with a geographical phone number, no call centres, no nonsense.

Try them :)

May not ALWAYS be the best price, but the chaps at Brentacre in Swansea are total legends. I can't use them, coz they won't insure me across Europe, but I've had all kinds of modded Golfs and the Octy with them in the past and they're awesome. Few blokes in an office with a geographical phone number, no call centres, no nonsense.

Try them :)

Brentacre is the cheapest for me, got upto 210bhp and unlimited suspension and body mods. Also like for like replacement on modified bits

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

Council tax banding has very little to do with insurance prices. How many claims have originated from the postal code however, have a very large effect. And not just CAR insurance either. Moving to more expensive housing, or less intensively built housing can often reap big rewards in lowering your car insurance.

Council tax banding has very little to do with insurance prices. How many claims have originated from the postal code however, have a very large effect. And not just CAR insurance either. Moving to more expensive housing, or less intensively built housing can often reap big rewards in lowering your car insurance.

Not talking about council tax banding matey. Different areas are grouped into different bands on the insurance scheme Hi -Low risk (A to F) Iirc. I've moved from a relatively low band area to a relatively high one according to the banding scheme. All though the area I live in now and in particular my road is actually better and a lot safer than where I have moved from.

• Like 1

Not talking about council tax banding matey. Different areas are grouped into different bands on the insurance scheme Hi -Low risk (A to F) Iirc. I've moved from a relatively low band area to a relatively high one according to the banding scheme. All though the area I live in now and in particular my road is actually better and a lot safer than where I have moved from.

Ooooo, not seen these before...