What Clutch & Flywheel have you got?

Mounty

Hello guys

I'm trying to find out some useful information as I'm unsure what clutch and flywheel setup to invest in. This is where I need your help!

Please can you provide me with the following information on your Fabia vRS:

Make of your Clutch =

Make of your Flywheel =

Single or Dual Mass Flywheel =

Current Torque (lbs/ft) =

Approx price at time of purchase =

Any issues with the Gearbox or Driveshaft etc =

Many thanks in advance :thumbup:

Please note: I'll only be using the information for personal use, as it'll help me decide on what setup to buy.

Edited by Mounty

Make of your Clutch = Sachs sports clutch

Make of your Flywheel = Jabbasport 6Kg Flywheel

Single or Dual Mass Flywheel = SMF

Current Torque (lbs/ft) = 333

Approx price at time of purchase = £910 all in inc new slave

Any issues with the Gearbox or Driveshaft etc = None - other than normal smf gearbox chatter

Make of your Clutch = awesome gti (techniclutch)

Make of your Flywheel = awesome gti (some old scrap metal)

Current Torque (lbs/ft) = 371ft lbs / 205bhp

Approx price at time of purchase =£625

Any issues with the Gearbox or Driveshaft etc = hugely loud chatter + clutch slip!

going to buy a sachs 4paddle clutch and flywheel soon that has a 450 ft lbs torque rating!

Any issues with the Gearbox or Driveshaft etc = hugely loud chatter + clutch slip!

going to buy a sachs 4paddle clutch and flywheel soon that has a 450 ft lbs torque rating!

Have heard nothing but bad things about techniclutch, I heard they are standard patern parts painted red.

Don't see why awesome gti would sell them?

Yeah I got told not to get one but I didn't listen and now I regret it! Slips under load really badly and it's only got about 2000-3000 miles on it! And the flywheel chatters like mad!! Really really bad one!

I had a Sachs 4 paddle clutch and Jabba SMF on my Ibiza, it was really heavy and grabby although it never slipped right up until it ate itself

I thought about going for an SMF when we were having the gearbox rebuilt.

Changed my mind after the garage put me off by telling me they have fitted a few for people and they have had the chatter from them.

Went with a like for like replacement in the end and a Sachs DMF and clutch went in.

No regrets. The clutch bites very hard with no slip at all. And everything is very nice and smooth. Would have really annoyed me to have noise coming from the flywheel all the time.

Phil

Smf's will chatter but will far outlast the compromised design of the dmf

The one in before had lasted for 107k miles and was actually not too bad. A little noise as the clutch was released/depressed but certainly not at the end of it's life.

I do not intend on having this car when it hits another 100k on the clock anyway so I will go with the comfort etc ahead of a little extra life.

Phil

My car is 371ft lbs and the organic is rated to 400 so I was gonna get paddle because that's rated to 450 and gives me a good safety net. Plus I wanna get more power in the future!

Seem to remember Luke saying similar until he destroyed one :rofl:

I wouldnt use that as a gauge of how good a part is tbh. Luke managed to destroy most things lol.

No regrets. The clutch bites very hard with no slip at all. And everything is very nice and smooth. Would have really annoyed me to have noise coming from the flywheel all the time.

Only makes a noise when idle and clutch is released really. Otherwise you wouldnt know.

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

My car is 371ft lbs and the organic is rated to 400 so I was gonna get paddle because that's rated to 450 and gives me a good safety net. Plus I wanna get more power in the future!

What clutch is that on?

Manufacturers rate them low so to cut down on warranties and so they are always safe! Your 400lbft clutch will last no problem!