Need Help - Skoda Laura L&K , Clutch replacement -reg.

SHANE CJ

Dear All ! Cheers to all @ BRISKODA.net !!!

I NEED HELP IN PROCURING A SINGLE MASS FLYWHEEL CLUTCH ASSEMBLY COMPLETE KIT ,FOR MY SKODA LAURA L & K 2006, IN INDIA . ALSO NEED ADVISE ON CONVERSION FROM DMF CLUTCH TO SMF.

IF I COULD NOT FIND A CHEAPER SMF CLUTCH Assembly kit, I AM READY TO REPLACE THE DMF IF AVAILABLE.

> MY SKODA LAURA L & K ,CLOACKED 1,73,000 KMS WITHOUT ANY TECHNICAL SNAG ,UNTIL NOW, AS AGAINST POPULAR BELEIF ,THAT CLUTCH ISSUES ARE COMMON WITH THE LAURA.

> LOCATION PREFERENCE : CHENNAI, MUMBAI , PUNE , BANGALORE, KOCHI, COIMBATORE , NEW DELHI.

THANK YOU . :)

post-98126-0-06436900-1355666973_thumb.jpg

There are many Distributors of such Parts in Delhi, one I can think of now is "Spare Mart" http://www.spare-mart.com/. They seem to deal with original SACHS/Luk/Valeo/etc. parts, give them a ring and check. Alternatively, you can procure it online too, there are many Retailers on eBay (UK).

You are lucky to have run so many Kms with the original FW as most I have known have their FW/Clutch failed much before this, around 70k to be precise.

If you are planning on converting to a SMF, be ready to get used to a slight increase (clatter) in sound especially when in Neutral, but I guess this should not matter much as you will only notice this in the initial phase and later won't even know it made a change. In my opinion, advantages outweigh the cons in converting to a SMF. Also, the drive will seem to be better and linear as the Turbo seems to kick in early with this conversion. So just go for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hii ..

Thanx a lot, Just got my clutch -SMF done, Bought it from Spare-mart, Delhi. they were quite courteous and did find me the right spare. now looking for the right GEAR OIL , The dealer does`nt divulge , details of the grade.

• 3 years later...

Hi Shane, How much does it cost for the spares and what are the parts required for the conversion?

I need to get the Flywheel changed very soon. My car started making Rattling sound when it is in neutral.

And, Any idea on the cost of DMF and Clutch?

Will ASS guys accept to convert from DMF to SMF? or should I get it done outside.