1.8 TSI - excessive oil consumption

• 7 months later...
On 02/02/2020 at 12:51, safari hunter said:

Update 35 K km from repair and near 200K km of use in near 10 yrs. Everything is great, with no, none, zero - oil consumption whatsoever.

On 02/02/2020 at 12:51, safari hunter said:

Update 35 K km from repair and near 200K km of use in near 10 yrs. Everything is great, with no, none, zero - oil consumption whatsoever.

Heyy mate i own a Skoda Superb 1.8tsi 2012 ( January manufactured ) model which had a full engine replacement at 54k kms due to a warped piston head causing missfires and vibrations ,on 2017 with a new Gen2 TSi engine from authorised Skoda workshop. Do u have any idea when did VAG update the Gen2 EA888 engine with the updated/revised tensioners , piston rings and conrods?? I am pretty sure that the updated these faulty parts but when i don't know. Am i safe with the new engine which is Gen2 1.8TSI but made in 2017. As the new engine was manufactured on May 2017 and fitted in my car on July 2017 , will it have all the updated parts?? 

• 2 months later...

hey guys, 

I just got my car fixed Octavia 2 2012 1,8 TSI.

My mechanic replaced everything needed - new timing chains, tensioner, pistons (Kolben), PCV, gaskets, seals... 

He's done few of those engines before and he's working as professional mechanic on circuit cars- guy knows stuff. 

Now, the thing is the even after everything was changed engine still has a terrible oil consumption. (0.5l/1000 km) 

There are no visible leaks on the engine. 

I've bean assured that it takes some time for the parts to break-in and during this break-in period some oil consumption is normal. 

Reading through a various topics and success stories it seems it's not the case. 

Everybody who's been successful with new pistons have pretty much none oil consumption since repair. 

Any advise welcomed.  

Could it be turbo? Anything else? 

Thanks.

Welcome.

Best have that professional and knowledgeable mechanic get back onto the job and achieve what you paid him or her to do.

He or she is really the one to speak to.

Edited by e-Roottoot