Mike's Candy White Mk1 1,9 TDi

mikeWRC

Hi Guys

Now it's time for my Candy White Mk1. Lots of stuff has happened from my last visit here ;).

CAR: Skoda Octavia MK1 (Tour version)

MODEL: 2009, hatchback

ENGINE: 1,9 TDi AXR, 101 Hp

Chipped to 143,0Hp / 325,9 Torque

WHEELS: Summer: 18x8 ET35 Mille Miglia Porsche Twists reps in gloss black; Winter: 17'x7,5 ET38 OEM Skoda Spiders in gloss black. For 2013 season: BBS RC 17x7,5 et41 (BMW Style 5 wheels) with 20 & 30mm adaptors

SUSPENSION: Koni Sport Kit -35mm and KW V2 coilovers for 2013 season

BRAKES: VRS brakes 312mm / 256mm with Zimmermann Sport discs

BODY-KIT:: VRS front bumper with Milotec grills, custom made front grill with Golf MK6 stripes, Maxton Design rear bumper with carbon diffuser, OEM xenon headlights, LED daylights hidden in the front bumper, Bosch Twin Aero wipers, Skoda VRS Motorsport badge at the trunk,

INTERIOR: VRS leather interior, Golf MK4 R32 steering wheel, Seats heating with OEM switch; white DI-NOC White Carbon 3D on the front panel, custom made clocks made from Skoda and Audi TT clocks covers, custom made VRS clock plates, Octavia Club Poland carpets

CAR-AUDIO: Sony Xplod.

Some fresh shots:

_IGP3271_edited-1copy_zps891e8ec2-1.jpg

_IGP3224_edited-2copy1.jpg

_IGP3283_edited-3.jpg

But lets see how this all had happened:

History of the car:

Bought as new in the economic version ;)

C8759619_1.jpg

C8759619_8.jpg

...but before I got it, my MK1 had received new wheels :)

_IGP8835_edited-1.jpg

Then I've painted calipers with FoliaTec green caliper paint.

_IGP8848_edited-1.jpg

zaciski1_152.jpg

_IGP8839_edited-1.jpg

...and put some carbon on the front panel

_IGP8894.jpg

Edited by mikeWRC

Then I bought new VRS front bumper:

_IGP9709_edited-1.jpg

In the meantine, some next mods were introduced:

1) Custom made VRS clocks with OEM vRS lighting:

7.jpg

91.jpg

2) My Spiders and grill got gloss black paint and grill received old school Skoda Favorit badge

9.jpg

8.jpg

3) Full VRS interior

6.jpg

4) Seats heating with OEM switch

podgrzewanie_482.jpg

...i cannot resist to make some nice shots:

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

Then I've bought: 312mmx256mm VRS brakes with Zimmerman Sport discs:

heble.jpg

heble-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

....and some OEM 16 inch Skoda wheels for winter:

Resizeofkolka.jpg

F.jpg

Edited by mikeWRC

Afterwards, it was high time for the first custom mod: From this:

1182777594.jpg

I made this:

7-1.jpg

J.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

Finally MK1 received some VRS Skoda Motorsport badges:

I.jpg

D.jpg

...and white carbon Di-Noc 3D on the front panel

K.jpg

...Golf’s MK5 wipers:

wycieraczki.jpg

...VRS Motorsport covers:

nakladkinaprogi.jpg

and Octavia Club Poland carpets:

5-1.jpg

And nice Photoshop summarizing the first stage mods:

vw-golf-v-gti-diffus-4bde2_edited-8.jpg

Edited by mikeWRC
  • Like 1

Second stage mods has started with new wheels 18x8 Porsche Twist reps with 215x45 tires

_IGP9474_edited-1.jpg

_IGP0261.jpg

_IGP0265.jpg

Then I bought Maxton Design grill, front and rear bumpers . As you see, the front looks sh**y, but rear fits brilliant ;)

_IGP0478_edited-1.jpg

_IGP0930_edited-1.jpg

_IGP0484_edited-1.jpg

_IGP0476_edited-1.jpg

_IGP1086_edited-2.jpg

_IGP1076_edited-2.jpg

...so I've replaced the front one with my old VRS bumper and add some LED daylights:

_IGP1459_edited-3.jpg

_IGP1431_edited-5.jpg

_IGP1419_edited-6.jpg

_IGP1533_edited-3.jpg

_IGP1537_edited-3.jpg

_IGP1559_edited-3.jpg

_IGP1394_edited-2.jpg

Edited by mikeWRC

Next stage mod: suspension. I've bought adjustable Koni Sport Kit for the front and then for the rear:

20120930_154209.jpg

and some shots and Photoshops:

_IGP1595_edited-3.jpg

_IGP1588_edited-1sml.jpg

_IGP1626_edited-2.jpg

_IGP1613_edited-2-1.jpg

_IGP1610_edited-1sml.jpg

_IGP1607_edited-1sml.jpg

_IGP1643_edited-1sml.jpg

_IGP1645_edited-1sml.jpg

_IGP1652_edited-2-1.jpg

_IGP1668_edited-2.jpg

_IGP1675_edited-1sml.jpg

Then my MK1 got some more power in popular in Poland R-Performance garage:

20120709_161625.jpg

Factory says: 101Hp / 240Torque

Was: 116,3 Hp / 279,5 Torque

Is: 143 Hp / 325,9 Torque

The diagram looks like this:

mkubajekasterpl.jpg

Edited by mikeWRC

Then I’ve decided to make some more custom mods. New custom honeycomb grill with gloss/mat Skoda Favorit badge and Golf MK6 green stripes and Leon Cupra R front splitter.

_IGP2344_edited-2.jpg

_IGP2597_edited-2.jpg

_IGP2683_edited-2.jpg

_IGP2556_edited-4.jpg

_IGP2395_edited-2.jpg

_IGP2376_edited-2.jpg

_IGP2378_edited-2.jpg

+ hidden LED daylights mod:

20120823_183653.jpg

20120823_183540.jpg

20120823_183939.jpg

20120823_184525.jpg

20120823_184537.jpg

20120823_184513.jpg

Edited by mikeWRC

Finally at the mid of this year I bought some classic wheels. These are BBS RC 040 17x7,5 ET 41 from BMW.

ZZZ.jpg

And some gadgets for my new wheels:

20120906_160132.jpg

20120906_160124.jpg

20121012_182213_sml.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Now they're waiting for refurb in gloss green and for new tires. Probably 195x45 from some stretch :).

All your comments will be appreciated. Cheers!

Thats sooo sweeet :)

Where did ur sill guards come from matey ? Is it set of 4

Lloyd, my good mate bought them for me in Czechs, but I have seen them on superskoda.com. (link below) Yes, it is a set of 4 but the rears are much simpler - full carbon. Nevertheles they look fine as well.

Here's the link: http://www.superskoda.com/octavia-i/interior/skoda-octavia-authentic-skoda-auto-door-sill-covers-motorsport-edition

Edited by mikeWRC

i like it dude!!!

couple of questions...

what are the led lights in your lower grills, are they same set throughout as they are visible in some pics, then you cover them with new grills?

what headlights do you have? as they are projectors?

ps you need to get fitting electric windows considering all the other work you have done!!

i like it dude!!!

couple of questions...

what are the led lights in your lower grills, are they same set throughout as they are visible in some pics, then you cover them with new grills?

what headlights do you have? as they are projectors?

ps you need to get fitting electric windows considering all the other work you have done!!

Yep, they're the same daylights.

The headlights are OEM xenons, but I've added them manual height setting. So they're kind of illegal ;)

Sure I considered the full electrics. I have all the necessary parts in my garage, but I'm too lazy to get it fitted. Maybe this year :wonder: .

Yep, they're the same daylights.

The headlights are OEM xenons, but I've added them manual height setting. So they're kind of illegal ;)

Sure I considered the full electrics. I have all the necessary parts in my garage, but I'm too lazy to get it fitted. Maybe this year :wonder: .

are oem xenons cheap there?

where did you get the daylight leds out of interest?

def get it done dude, considering the work thats gone into your car, elec windows seem to be a must!

Looks good in white,almost thought it was a mk2 when i saw it from the rear :)

and glad you went back to the rs front bumper instead though as that aftermarket one is ugly lol and i look forward to seeing how it looks with green centres on the wheels :thumbup:

i'd like to see it a bit lower too but thats my personal preference :)

Edited by dsmithmobile

Adam. No it wasn't as simple as putting old dials into the new pod. I've tried to write a kind of short manual below. Maybe it will be helpfull for somebody.

Unfortunately the  original Audi cover is higher and wider than Octy's clocks cover. So i need to cut of the upper part (fuel & temp) and approx 1,5-2 cm of the back and side left and right  tubes, to put them into Octy. This is made of plastic so it's not a problem. When I've fit the cover, i've struggled with the knobs (these ones which controls the dailymeter and car clock). They're installed wider and a little higher in Audi . My idea Was to cut Octy's knobs in half (to hide them under the tubes) and link them with these orginal from Audi. The one which controls the car clock ,works on the spin, so i've link them with the strong elastic tape. The are quite close to each other and working well. The other one (dailymeter) works in vertical directions (only up and down), so i've decided to installed a kind of a lever to Audi's knob which presses the Octy's knob. Of course it is hide udner the tube as well.When the mod was finished, i've changed the indicators and put all things together.

The costs: Audi clocks, Octavia Clocks, my free time.

Edited by mikeWRC

Oet, I bought xenons for ~200 GBPs. Daylights on Polish Ebay, nothing special really. Concerning the electrics, I used to say that my car is a sport car. Sport cars doesn't have electric windows or mirrors, thst's always my excuse ;).

Being honest with you, my car is kind of unique. I'm almost sure that nobody else has Octy with VRS interior with manual windows. My left door card comes from OEM UK Octy, while the rest from continental version. True OEM+

Edited by mikeWRC

Dsmith, no until I go air. We've got terrible roads and highest speedbumps in the world ;). That's why my next planned mod is PLS (pneumatic lift system) for my coilies. Cant wait ;)