Move & Fun (PID) Update 7.10.25 Problem...solved.

estorilblue

If anyone was considering upgrading the PID to version 7.10.25 you may encounter an error in "Navigon Fresh" that gets you stuck in loop whereby it claims you do not have enough memory to do the upgrade.

So, like me, you may delete a few files to make space and when you try updating the "goalposts" have moved again and it wants even more memory....so you delete more, try and upgrade and yet again it wants more memory.....AGGH!

Dont call Navigon, they will just tell you its a bug they are working to fix. Apparently it affects most people, but not all (Windows 7 users seem to have some success!).

I had a little play with the computer and I manged to solve the issue. You will need a USB memory stick with about 4GB free on it (I used an 8GB as thats all I had to hand!)

Heres what to do:

1. Connect USB memory stick to computer

2. Connect PID to computer via USB lead, but do not launch Navigon Fresh. Using the PID as a storage device only, MOVE all files from the PID to the USB memory card.

3. "Safely remove" PID from computer.

4. Launch Navigon Fresh.

5. Run "Software Update". It will mistake the USB memory stick for the PID and update the stick!

6. Once finshed, "Safely Remove" the USB Stick and Close Navigon Fresh.

7. Connect USB memory stick and PID back to the computer, do NOT launch Navigon fresh.

8. Transfer the contents of USB memory stick over to the PID memory.

9. "Safely remove" both devices.

10. Turn PID on, it will need to be reconnected to Citigo with the igniton on to finalise update (takes a few seconds).

The whole process takes about 90mins depending on speed of your computer etc.

Hopefully this helps someone, it does work ive tried it. Please obviously do this at your own risk, backing up accordingly.

Mine updated no problem to latest version

I got the code in the box but every time I click on activate code it says I already have latest version

Not sure where to put this code in if I need to

May be an easier method than usb.

I had problem after update where sound was affected. Also tried update again and got not enough storage space error.

My other post here...... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/262564-sat-nav-update-now-no-sound/#entry3097299

Tried update again but under My Computer I formatted NAVIGON (E:) first but kept same name after formatting. Ran Navigon Fresh update and worked 100%. No error was displayed saying that I did not have enough storage space.

Now running 7.10.25 without problems. ;)

What's in the update though?

Mine works fine, so dont want to chance it if it's not worth it.

Seems to work better now with wife's Samsung Galaxy S3 so perhaps more stable bluetooth for one thing ? Will try music streaming from phone and let you know.

Might be worth people checking file sizes of their maps because looking on the VW Up! forum, it looks like map ugrades are also included in the new version. Could be a free map upgrade ?? :)

Edited by Feebet

I never tried the Bluetooth prior to updating but I have no sound on phonecalls my phone says dialing then connected but I don't hear anything

Galaxy nexus (4.2.1)

Nexus 4 (4.2.1)

Edited by malcster

I called about the problem with updates failing due to insufficient space, and was told to go and buy a Sandisk memory card...! "We made a mistake, so please use your money to fix it."

I have not got one of these but if I did I would play music off it so would buy say a 32gb sd card, I take it that the card supplied is very small such as a 2gb or 4gb, it maybe worth buying a large sd card just for the future a quick search comes up with a 32gb for 15 pounds:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Transcend/Transcend-32GB-Micro-SD-(SDHC)-Card---Class-4?affid=47868&awc=1152_1358903227_570557405ff88892f4f823b52a31a4c6

that would fit navigation files for the entire globe and about a weeks worth of mp3`s.

Edited by princeprawn

It's the internal memory of the device rather than the memory card that causes the problem isn't it?

Seriously, just do what I said in my first post and all shall be fine!

Seems like many people run into this update Problem.

I collected links to other forums in my blog entry

http://how-i-fixed-i...gon-update.html

There's also a description of the "USB-Stick-Workaround" to get the update installed using an USB stick.

Some othere users got told by Navigon to send it in to get it replaced. I'm still in contact with Navigon and VW Support on this.

Irgi

Edited by Irgi

• 5 months later...
Hi - New to forum - interesting as I thought i'd bricked my navicon 70 - I stupidly formatted the flash section of the unit (Doh!) - I have subsequently managed to get a standard 70 with UK maps back to the unit - BUT I have lost all the Skoda canbus stuff - does anyone have a copy of the files (without maps) so I can try to get unit back to Skoda spec