List of VCDS Owners (Previously known as VAG-COM) & VCP Owners

Gizmo

• 4 months later...

I have managed to get the first post to make some sense, the formatting has been lost but it is readable. The MS Word document attached to the first post contains the full list complete with formatting.

Colin is working on a more permanent fix.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Is this something that could be added to our Profile info on the left of each post maybe, different colour or something like that.

Thanks for your efforts Gizmo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

List updated and thread tidied up. (please keep this thread purely as a list of VCDS owners)

With regard to people requesting payment or not that is down to them and the person requesting help, if you do not agree with paying the owner a set fee then move onto someone else who is prepared to do it for free / donations etc.

If you wish to discuss the morals of charging etc then please start a new thread.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I'd like you to add me to the list. I live in Derby and I have a VAG+COM with VCDS 15.7.0.

Are you using genuine Ross-Tech interfaces? if so you are on outdated software, the current version is 15.7.4 with 16.5.0 out imminently 

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 1

Absolutely not.  It was referring to the posts put on by someone who was advertising their non genuine lead for use,  and these posts have been (rightfully) been removed by one of the moderators. 

Mike 

That ''someone'' is me and I wasn't advertising anything, as I said yesterday only trying to help if anyone needed any assistance free of charge. As you can see there are more without the genuine cable so you should be more careful you u put on the list.

Thomas

P.s. The posts were removed because I asked to.

Edited by ThomasItis
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thread updated.

Please keep this thread for those wishing to go on / off the map and list.

If you are after help from a VCDS owner then please use the PM system.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gizmo featured this topic
  • Gizmo unfeatured this topic
On 27/02/2017 at 15:11, tkerby said:

With the HEX-V2 and the HEX-NET being locked to a certain number of VINs, is it worth adding some data on whether an owner would ask for a contribution to costs?

I'm happy to be listed with my new HEX-V2 in Portobello, Edinburgh.  I'm generally willing to do a diagnostic auto-scan for free (doesn't use a VIN) but would expect a contribution for any coding/adaptation as it's a 10 VIN locked unit.

I have added a bit regarding charging, ATEOTD it is down to the owner and those who want the coding done to come to a mutually agreable arrangement. 

It is also worth satisfying yourself that the VCDS owner has sufficient knowledge and experience before they make any changes to your car and what costs are involved, some will do it for free, others will ask for ‘a drink’ and there are a few that offer this as part of their job so will have a set fee.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SJFISHER67 said:

I have the Hex + Can. But I also have a load of adapters for older models.

Thanks, I will now add you to the list & map.

For clarification a very basic break down of each interface is (starting from the ‘least capable to the most capable’):

KII-USB - non CAN based vehicles ONLY

Micro-CAN - Only works on CAN based vehicles

HEX+CAN - this used to be the daddy of interfaces, however from 2015 some cars now use controllers that it cannot read or code

HEX-V2 - the HEX+CAN replacement, this will work on all cars including all the latest controllers, they come in 3 VIN, 10 VIN and unlimited VIN

options. (you can upgrade from 3 to 10 VIN and again from 10 to unlimited VIN for $169.

HEX-NET - a wireless capable version (also comes with a removable USB cable so it can be hard wired if you want) of the HEX-V2... this can also use the VCDS-Mobile software so can be used on just about ANY wifi enabled device (smartphone, iPad, tablet etc) available in 10 VIN and unlimited VIN, again you can go from 10 VIN to unlimited for $169.

If you are unsure if your car is CAN based or not then take a look at the  VCDS compatibility chart (if your car is not on the chart... ie newer than 2014 then it will be CAN based)

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

Ok soooo.... I’m using my iPhone to view the site, and I’m struggling to make the link from the map to the people nearest to me in Manchester.... any advice gratefully received. I am hoping to activate voice control, the cornering fog lights, needle staging, and auto wipers on my 2017 Fabia Estate se-l, I’m loath to pay the dealership price for the voice activation given the frank rip off on the sat-nav, I was given to understand they’d be fitting the correct head unit with sat-nav, instead I got a bodged slightly out of focus garmin adaptation!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi - Could you remove me from the list please. As I now own an Octavia 3 FL I upgraded my cable to the latest cable but only a 3 vin licence which are fully utilised (My O3, Mothers Citigo and Daughter's SEAT Altea)

Thanks.

Paul

• Thanks 1