Panorama

RobClubley

On 30/01/2013 at 08:46, RobClubley said:

I like to throw together the odd panorama.

I never put much thought into them to be honest but they sometimes turn out nicely.

Anyone else got any to share?

panorama's are the way to go to make some shots come alive and include more than a lens can take without distortion caused by wide angle lenses used tilted...they can be extreme in some cases...the most i have done is 5 images...i use the "standard" focal length of 35/50mm subject to crop index

on my lumix G1 with kit lens that would be 17.5/25 crop index 2:1 full size

i use microsoft ICE and found it was good..so far

cheers

geof

35016214135_65d705f86f_o.jpgKP 2345 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

LEEDS CASTLE

34537855675_3a31be5902_o.jpgTR33 going mad by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

IS THIS CHEATING   :d

Edited by mrcrow

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, pinkpanther said:

Windermere (last week):

IMG_20180824_110447.thumb.jpg.b88917ddfe3b947dd10836b8f24aec22.jpg

Two things 

converging verticals need correcting  

and the metal pole needs cloning out...it is looks as if your stitches ran..

otherwise..happy days

cheers

geof

1 hour ago, mrcrow said:

Two things 

converging verticals need correcting  

and the metal pole needs cloning out...it is looks as if your stitches ran..

Pet hate of mine....

I always shoot at 50mm (35mm) focal length for pano…& set the camera up on the tripod on the nodal point (I've seen utube vids of experts do a pano on a ball/socket head in portrait mode with the camera "arc" around the head for a big pano…. WTF way off the nodal point")....this gets most perspective distortion out which makes the computer stitching way better......I still go over & hand blend/spot heal/clone etc to totally eliminate the stitching etc even down at a pixel level....

This pano was done before noon & on a very hot day & yes the air was "red"....its sooo clean the air up here that you really see the seasonal & temperature differences with the naked eye & you really have to watch the WB on the cameras as its very tricky to get it 100% natural & correct as it was visible to the naked eye at the moment the picture was taken....oh & the sea is that turquoise....& lovely to swim in..just a bit cold, but after 45mins & 1.7km in just Speedos I call it quits...lol

Panorama-P6250037-40,-3.4-1-crop-reduced-named.jpg

Edited by fabdavrav
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, pinkpanther said:

Windermere (last week):

IMG_20180824_110447.thumb.jpg.b88917ddfe3b947dd10836b8f24aec22.jpg

Another thing that was bugging me...& is personal preference...

the natural human eye perspective is all shot to buggery...

two points...I don't know if you spun the camera around the nodal point....

second also when you merge the separate pictures out of the choices you have picked the wrong one....

the far shore where the nice big round tree is acts like a corner & there is a change in the perspective with the shore to the right going uphill...& the shore to the left going uphill....when I bet the shore is a natural straight line more or less....plus in the still/rippled water just to the left of it you can see the stitch..but also the change in perspective....

details details...defo a requirement if you print out or sell on microstock….but we only learn from our mistakes..so make lots of different mistakes....!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fabdavrav said:

Another thing that was bugging me...& is personal preference...

the natural human eye perspective is all shot to buggery...

two points...I don't know if you spun the camera around the nodal point....

second also when you merge the separate pictures out of the choices you have picked the wrong one....

you don't say..!!

using the most advanced GPS equipment and a gyroscopic pan and tilt mechanism on my tripod

42539390760_16747ea176_o.jpgbubble 1 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

i managed to get this whacko jacko panosonic pano-garage-arama

e&oe of course...its ©

44298820032_7f3de73976_o.jpgWHAT HO!! by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

i will be glad to get out do to some serious pano's

cheers

geof

1 hour ago, mrcrow said:

you don't say..!!

using the most advanced GPS equipment and a gyroscopic pan and tilt mechanism on my tripod

42539390760_16747ea176_o.jpgbubble 1 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

i managed to get this whacko jacko panosonic pano-garage-arama

e&oe of course...its ©

44298820032_7f3de73976_o.jpgWHAT HO!! by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

i will be glad to get out do to some serious pano's

cheers

geof

I wouldn't even waste the battery on doing that....lol...

Mind you I have been working on "high res" mode in my new camera....where it moves the sensor around & takes 20MB pictures....6 shot high res pano anyone???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd add to this one.

Can anyone recommend (free) software to stich panoramas together?  Microsoft ICE was recommended earlier in this thread, but you can't download it anymore.  Also any reconditions on how to produce HDR pics from 3 or more pics from Exposure Bracketing in Camera.  I don't use any Adobe photo software only GIMP and have recently installed Darktable. 

P.S. Before anyone says it......... Holy Thread Revival Batman!

• 2 weeks later...

@Jim H don't know if it helps but yesterday I registered my new Canon camera. Once that was done I could download their software and I noticed it comes with the functions you're after. Maybe register your cam with the manufacturer and see what software they offer you?

Panorama Maker is what ive uswd previously.  The older versions were free from memory if you can find a download 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Panorama Maker is what i've used previously.  The older versions were free from memory if you can find a download 

Thanks. After watching a few YouTube vids, I was recommended 'Hugin'. I downloaded it and use it. You can create a panorama simply with a few clicks or go deeper with their advanced settings. It can create HDR pics too.

https://hugin.sourceforge.io

Camera's I use. My phone (Moto G8 Power) and a cheap bridge camera, that is probably, 5 or 10 years old. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...