Vacuum Box

Marc81

I am currently finding that my vacuum box is buzzing quite a bit, its especially noticeable when i turn the engine off - it'll buzz quite loudly for about 5 seconds. Is this anything to be worried about, will it affect anything? Im not that mechanically minded so I don't really know what it does?!

Cheers,

Marc

Yes, the one over the o/s strut. Im guessing it is faulty but with me not knowing what it does i don't know what the implications are?

Marc

Yes buzzing/ "mooing" when turning engine off is a common sign of it being faulty.. the vacuum box controls boost pressure so quite important ;).. can cause underboost etc.. they are very expensive new but im sure jason "devontopia" has one for sale..

• 1 month later...

Mine buzzes on tick over and never used too. Im pretty sure it is shot. I have read on here the correct replacement part number is 6Q0 906 625 C. But mine only says 6QO 906 625 on it. If the solenoid is fubar would it negatively affect mpg?.

The vacume box is designed to retrieve the air once the power is turne off so in other words once the engine stops and it sounds like its still doing somthing for about 4to6 seconds that's the vac box retrieving all the air so in other words its not faulty and its post to do it.

The buzzing sound it constantly makes is it sucking air in from the filter to send air to which ever channel the ecu tells it too so once again it's post to make a sound.

I wouldn't worry about replacing it till a fault code pops up or u start having vac related problums there an expensive item which don't often play up

Mine buzzes on tick over and never used too. Im pretty sure it is shot. I have read on here the correct replacement part number is 6Q0 906 625 C. But mine only says 6QO 906 625 on it. If the solenoid is fubar would it negatively affect mpg?.

You have an ASZ engine then?

that C is the difference between an ASZ and BLT vacuum box. The C is for BLT only mate.

The vacume box is designed to retrieve the air once the power is turne off so in other words once the engine stops and it sounds like its still doing somthing for about 4to6 seconds that's the vac box retrieving all the air so in other words its not faulty and its post to do it.

The buzzing sound it constantly makes is it sucking air in from the filter to send air to which ever channel the ecu tells it too so once again it's post to make a sound.

I wouldn't worry about replacing it till a fault code pops up or u start having vac related problums there an expensive item which don't often play up

Well my car boost hard then drops of and boost back around but with a deeper exhaust tone anyone now what this is

Yes mine is ASZ mate. Just bought a second hand one for £12.50 of flee bay. I will post back once i have it and it's on, see if it makes any difference.

Edited by RAPTURE

Think I paid £17 off eBay for it,was going to get a updated 4 bar one from darkside developments but thought I didn't really need it

U would need to alter the map if u fit a 4bar map sensor.. no real need unless u got a BIG turbo like the GTB ones darkside do.. dont even need 1 with a 150 hybrid..

U would need to alter the map if u fit a 4bar map sensor.. no real need unless u got a BIG turbo like the GTB ones darkside do.. dont even need 1 with a 150 hybrid..

I didn't realise that, it doesn't say it would need the map altering either?! I did think it was a bit ott so just went for a standard one