Citigo ASG Gearbox - Fault or Design

Ryn

sounds to me like a software issue IMHO, our ASG has been faultless since 2014, but with any automated gearbox you should make sure the actuator on the gearbox is not sticking.... highly unlikely on 2017MY car

I suggest you ask skoda to re-programme the gearbox model and re-teach all the gears

• 4 months later...
On 8/31/2017 at 07:01, MaggieM said:

Interesting I purchased a CitiGo automatic this January 2017 and am encountering this problem. The dealers brought it in, couldn't find a problem although it did refuse to move from 1 to 2 when out on a test drive. They took the car in and rebooted the computer on the gearbox (Got car back on Saturday) and everything seemed well until yesterday when I moved from reverse through neutral to drive and the car wouldn't move out of 1. I had to pull up, turn off the engine, start it up and everything was fine. Skoda must know of this problem, yet they appear to be doing little to solve it. Don't think I will be buying a Skoda again.

There is a TPI on it. Our's also had the problem. Som needs a new gearbox control box and others just need the new SW. Problem is that the clutch grabs too quickly in cold weather and when engine RPM's drops below a certain setpoint, then it disengages and stay there until a reset has happened (ign off-on).

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have had my citigo since December 2017. I have had this problem of not going into forward or reverse manytimes. Car has been in to main dealer to investigate the problem but no fault found. False neutral is a good description.

Still having the problem which apart from being extremely annoying is making my wife very nervous and at the point of not wanting to travel in the car. Only way to recover from this problem is to shut off the engine and restart. Very annoying whilst at lights.

This problem has happen four time in the last two days.

Any other suggestions?

One additional problem is a foul smell when starting from cold. I now shut off fresh air and go in to recirculating for a few miles.  As with other problem no fault found.

I love the car but am getting a little fed up

Hi

I have had my citigo since December 2017. I have had this problem of not going into forward or reverse manytimes. Car has been in to main dealer to investigate the problem but no fault found. False neutral is a good description.

Still having the problem which apart from being extremely annoying is making my wife very nervous and at the point of not wanting to travel in the car. Only way to recover from this problem is to shut off the engine and restart. Very annoying whilst at lights.

This problem has happen four time in the last two days.

Any other suggestions?

One additional problem is a foul smell when starting from cold. I now shut off fresh air and go in to recirculating for a few miles.  As with other problem no fault found.

I love the car but am getting a little fed up. It seems that from the comments this has been going on for some time

Automatics seem to suffer a lot within the Citigo range. If only they’d put the DSG gearbox in I’d imagine there wouldn’t be many problems. 

With the smell, has the air filter been changed? How many miles have been done?