Thank You!

Well today was a sad day, I had to say farewell to my beloved Fabia VRS :-( I have a baby on the way so its made way for something a little bigger and child friendlier. Although I've not been the biggest contributor on the forum, over the past 4 years i have had a lot of help from you guys so i just wanted to say I've really appreciated it! Its a great forum, and with any luck ill return one day with an Octavia VRS (dreaming!).

Thanks once again.

Marc

• Like 1

Still find it crazy that anyone thinks they need something bigger than a Fabia for one baby but I hope it works out with whatever you ended up with. I just pray it's not French!

• Like 2

I have a 15 year old son which moans every time he gets in the car ,that there isn't enough room , mind he is about 6" but I've still got the FABIA .don't let kids make u change car,only the wife can do that lol

Good luck with your new car whatever u get:-)

Its just nice to have a bit more room rather than just about squeezing things in. The travel system with carrycot was hard to fit in plus we have 2 dogs :-)

I've not gone French. Tried to stay VAG and have bought a Seat Altea Reference Sport 1.6. I wouldve loved a diesel again but my budget was too small. To be fair though i don't do many miles and I don't plan to keep it as long as the Fabia. I like it up to now although I plan to spend most of tomorrow cleaning it to my standard as long as the rain doesn't spoil my plans! Can't wait to give it a decent detail - dealers do a **** job of valeting!

Marc

Edited by Marc81

Depends on size of dogs. Although l must admit that babyseat in rear ,plus one small dog on rear seat and baby carriuage in rear of a hatch makes life fun,and looking for options to carry stuff. A lot depends on whether or not ,dog/dogs can co exist with baby on rear seat. My last and present one and GS get on well.

Carry cot and travel system?! Oh you're in for a steep learning curve. The novelty of carrying junk you don't need soon wears off. Baby seat and buggie with a small rucksack of essentials, it'll take you a while to accept but trust me it's easier than lifting a travel system in/out.

Its just nice to have a bit more room rather than just about squeezing things in. The travel system with carrycot was hard to fit in plus we have 2 dogs :-)

I think you're right. Although you can get away with one child in a Fabia, with modern car seats the size they are, it's a tight fit. The rear of the Fabia is just a bit too small.....especially if you are tall and have the front seats positioned accordingly.

Mine's an estate, and the although the boot is pretty big, rear seat space is the same as a standard Fabia.......My Octavia estate has a much bigger boot and way more space in the back seats and that is what I use for the Kids and the dog.