Radio upgrade on 06 Octavia II

Hi

I've not posted on here before but i have a some issues that hopefully someone can help me out with

I have an 06 reg Skoda Octavia II L&K Diesel, I would ideally like to un-clutter my Dash by removing the sat-nav and bluetooth hands free etc and replacing the existing radio/CD player with something that combines the sat-nav, bluetooth and adds iPhone 4 compatibility, dvd and SD card and video playback, but i would also like to keep the connectivity with the steering wheel and 6 CD multi-changer in the boot.

I've found several Radio head units online that do some of the job but not all of the job, some work with the iPhone but not with the CD multi-changer and some vice versa, some say the work with both and then when it actually comes to it they dont work with either or the sat-nav is some brand i've never heard of and cant be updated or is an illegal copy of an named brand.

Any advice on what to buy and where to go without spending £1000's which is what i'm being quoted by many car audio people and even then i'm being offered a solution that only does part of the job.

I might be wrong but I think the Columbus is the only unit that will come close to meeting your requirements because as I understand only the VW/Skoda units can connect to the CD changer. The Zenec units seem the best of the non-VW ones for integrated with the car but I don't know if they can connect to a CD changer as they don't mention it in the spec:

http://www.zenec.com/en/products/ego/volkswagen-seat/z-e2014m/

There's also no SD card slot on the front for music/video although it looks like there's a USB adapter to add multiple devices which may allow you to add an SD card.

The Kenwood DNX520VBT is a Canbus controlled unit and a straight swap but it doesn't really integrate with the car (no Maxidot, climate control or parking sensor display), definitely doesn't connect to the CD changer and it doesn't have an SD card slot for music/video either. I'm just mentioning that in case you come across this unit and were wondering how well it worked.

There are the no-name brand Chinese units but they seem to get a very mixed response so I decided against one.

John

The Audisources ANS-810 also looks like quite a good option. Lots of people using them in the VW brand. They have a new one coming out in the next few days which might be very intersting

(It interfaces with the reversing system and the climate control system which is very rare for non VAG brand products)

The newer Amundsen unit will do the job. It's got built-in Bluetooth too that only needs enabling with VCDS. You'd have to manually install the OEM mic in the light unit but it's as OEM as you can get.

Here's the install guide - http://www.briskoda....install-how-to/#

Edited to add: not sure about video playback actually. I guess it's definitely the Columbus plus OEM Bluetooth module if that's a priority.

Edited by Blakeburn