Mk3 Owners + Workshop Manual info

The A7 manual is dated 05/2013 so guess A5 would cover yours, however from memory I don't think there was much different.

Edited by kalpat

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the manual was updated in May (the original link being to the March version).

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/05-2013/Manual/Octavia/A7_Octavia_OwnersManual.pdf

The full set of manuals (Vehicle/Radio/SatNav) can be found here

and there's another new update as of Nov 2013....

Hi to everyone. I've been reading this forum for quite a while and this is my first post here. Also can't wait until the day of making an order for my first brand new Octavia Estate 2.0 Elegance :happy: ...and the day is coming soon...

Now to the point....Has anyone already figured out what are the differences in the new manuals (if any at all)? And are there also any related changes in production?

...and I really have to say for me as a customer it's great and it's a very big + for Skoda that they publish all the manuals online. I often find it difficult getting manuals of other car manufacturers. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any service manuals available? Not the big one that tells how to fix the car, but the little one that details service intervals for various components (such as oil changes, tyre rotation, air and fuel filter, etc.)

• Like 1

Are there any service manuals available? Not the big one that tells how to fix the car, but the little one that details service intervals for various components (such as oil changes, tyre rotation, air and fuel filter, etc.)

At least the next service due is monitored by the car's computer system and is displayed when you bring it up on the screen. I would be interested too if Skoda provides such a manual especially after my 5-year service warranty runs out.

• Like 1

At least the next service due is monitored by the car's computer system and is displayed when you bring it up on the screen. I would be interested too if Skoda provides such a manual especially after my 5-year service warranty runs out.

Only if it is set correctly.

• 5 months later...

I think Skoda gave up issuing service books soon after July 13, which is when my demonstrator was registered. Dealer said all the service info is stored on the Skoda UK system now. What do members get when they take their cars for service if this is the case e.g. apart from a list of things done, is there a list of things to be done at next service (I suspect not!)?

• 4 weeks later...

Loving the helpful advice in the manual, especially page 217: CAUTION : Never open the bonnet using the release lever

How else should I open it?????? Positive thinking? A crowbar? From the inside by first removing the engine from below?

I suspect Google Translate had a hand in the english version!

Rob

• Like 1

Loving the helpful advice in the manual, especially page 217: CAUTION : Never open the bonnet using the release lever

How else should I open it?????? Positive thinking? A crowbar? From the inside by first removing the engine from below?

I suspect Google Translate had a hand in the english version!

Rob

If you think the english version is bad, try reading the Finnish version. It's like straight out of google translate.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone found the Workshop manual: Electrical System with Rep. gr. 91? There should instructions to remove the display unit for infotainment etc.

If its not linked above, I've attached section 91 here - but had to split down to get to 2mb file upload limit - the whole elec system file is 18mb

Pages from Electrical system1_Part1.pdf

Pages from Electrical system1_Part2.pdf

mine came on variable from the factory, (the dealer that serviced it the other day said they all do), so I reset it as in the manual, page 12

Resetting Service Interval Display If the variable service interval is set in your vehicle and if the service interval display is reset, the variable service interval is switched to the fixed service interval. Only the “Oil Change Service” indication is reset, the “Inspection” indication is not reset. We therefore recommend that the Service Interval Display be reset only by a ŠKODA Partner, who will reset the display with a vehicle system tester. The ŠKODA Partner will carry out the following steps. › He resets the display memory after the relevant inspection. › He makes an entry in the service schedule. › He affixes a sticker with the entry of the following service interval to the side of the dash panel on the driver's side. The reset can be done with the button 6 » Fig. 2 on page 8. › Switch off the ignition (for vehicles with the KESSY system, also close the driver's door). › Press the button 6 and keep it pressed down. › Switch on the ignition. › Release and then press again the button 6 . CAUTION We recommend that you do not reset the service interval display yourself. Incorrectly setting the service interval display could cause problems to the vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...