Mk3 Owners + Workshop Manual info

On 11/27/2017 at 12:09, wg100 said:

Does anyone have access to the workshop manuals for the FL 03 yet? Particularly the Electrics for the LED headlights.

I subscribed for an Hour to erwin and saved the bits I wanted as Pdf files.

• 2 months later...

Im hoping other o3 owners get onto Haynes and ask for a manual in the requests.

If we can get enough requests they will bring one out.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/car-manuals/skoda/octavia/2011-2017/on-demand

There is a red 'feedback' button click that then there is a suggest manual option.

Thanks if you help.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 17.5.2018 at 08:56, JaVa^ said:

Would someone happen to have access to O3 FL electric diagrams? I need to get the pin order for FL vRS fog/cornering lights. There are three wires but don't know which one is ground etc.

Registered to erwin and paid 7€ for an hour and dowloaded the electric diagram from there. So this is now sorted... :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, redavenger said:

yeah i registered on it and paid the 7 euro fee and my credit card got charged, but never received anything. no links nothing.

You don't get sent anything. You have to log into Erwin and download stuff yourself!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/11/2017 at 14:16, Gti Jazz Blue said:

I subscribed for an Hour to erwin and saved the bits I wanted as Pdf files.

How do you save on PC? I managed to print but I didn't figure it out how to save as pdf. 

Login and pay your flat rate.

Drop down the Individual Vehicle Information tab and choose Repair Information. Choose the model you want to get pdfs about, choose the type of info you want from the next dropdown, click Download for each of the things you want.  If you want SSPs instead/also, choose Training items from the first dropdown.

Edited by Wino

41 minutes ago, Wino said:

Login and pay your flat rate.

Drop down the Individual Vehicle Information tab and choose Repair Information. Choose the model you want to get pdfs about, choose the type of info you want from the next dropdown, click Download for each of the things you want.  If you want SSPs instead/also, choose Training items from the first dropdown.

Right click on the dropdown? 

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2013 at 20:45, auroan said:

If you want to see whether options are worth the money. Check out the new owner's manual

http://ws.skoda-auto...wnersManual.pdf

I'm especially pleased I ordered the electric boot option on my combi !!!!

*** Mod edit - For Workshop Manuals see #39 ***

What does the #39 refer to?  Is there a post number 39?

Thank you

Stewart

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any manuals that also give a a drawing breakdown and relevant part no's, or is there a catalogue of part no's anywhere for the MK3 Octavia.

New Poster, sorry if its been covered, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hi! I want to install the original antitheft alarm system on my O3 but I couldn't find on this forum the wired connections for the interior monitoring sensor and horn. Is there somebody who can help me? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone  could help me. I’m after a Haynes manual for my 2014 1.6 tdi Octavia, and can’t find one. In the past I have bought manuals with the same engine code as my other cars, eg my 2004 leon with ARL engine is roughly the same as the golf manual. Is there a manual which covers the CAYC engine? Just throwing it out there in case anyone else has done the same and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Tim

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, 

I’ve looked through several manuals that cover the wiring, bodyshop and general maintenance but is there anything that covers removing the interior trim and fittings? 

I have a tendency to break clips so it would be helpful to know where things are clipped or screwed in.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Manuals can be found here:

https://procarmanuals.com/?s=octavia+III

There is also quite a bit of other information about VAG cars and technology in general which I found useful/interesting, e.g. in the VAD SSP section on the top.

Over the years I wondered more and more why people are so focused on Heynes manuals. I had 5 in total (2 for motorcycles and 3 for cars that we had) and I found them of limited use and in some cases just completely worthless. Few examples:

- The manual for one Fabia we had  was printed on a sort of toilet paper, most countries probably used better paper for their newspapers during WW2. This made the pictures which were not great to start with almost unreadable

- In several cases I found false torque settings

- For relatively simple tasks just the one important picture or guidance is missing which would make the task so much easier (or possible at all)

- Before starting a task described by Heynes one might get the impression that with the manual at hand this should be straight forward just to find half way through that some important information is just missing

- For simple tasks which do not require special tools and which can be done by a home mechanic they might advise to go to the dealership.

They likely never perform the tasks they describe following their own description just to verify if what they put together makes sense. Instead of wasting many pages of describing how to get to the main bearings (something which hardly any home mechanic will attempt on a modern vehicle) they should rather put the effort into describing typical service and repair tasks properly.

I won't buy any further Haynes manuals and rather try to get documentation from the manufacturer.