Lots of new build/equipment/spec info here....

Yeti_Man

As the Tech Guide is locked I'm dropping this here.

As of the 30th August 2013 the number of approved wheel rim sizes that can be used on the Octy III has been increased. This list is published and updated regularly by Skoda Germany.

TP

As the Tech Guide is locked I'm dropping this here.

As of the 30th August 2013 the number of approved wheel rim sizes that can be used on the Octy III has been increased. This list is published and updated regularly by Skoda Germany.

attachicon.gifOcty III tyre & rim size.png

TP

I don't get that remark about 'Schneeketten' (snow chains). Does it mean you need chains with min clearance of 15 mm between the wheel and suspension or what?

• 5 months later...

I have just taken delivery of my new Octavia VRS (TSI Hatch), which has Front assist fitted.

Ordered in September before they withdrew the option. 

Thing is although the menu says it is active, there does not seem to be any indication of it working.

Driving in local traffic and on the motorway there was no message or warning that there were cars ahead.

Does anyone know how this works?

I have just taken delivery of my new Octavia VRS (TSI Hatch), which has Front assist fitted.

Ordered in September before they withdrew the option.

Thing is although the menu says it is active, there does not seem to be any indication of it working.

Driving in local traffic and on the motorway there was no message or warning that there were cars ahead.

Does anyone know how this works?

What does the owners manual tell you?

• 1 month later...

I have the front assist and ACC

ACC from 30 km/h till 160km/h

Front assist 5 km/h till 30 km/h when to close to a car you see a red car and arrow on the road in the maxi dot

Also a sound will warn when to close. If the driver takes no action a automatic brake action will follow to prevent

a collision or less damage. I never let the system go so far as the automatic brake action.

I have the front assist and ACC

ACC from 30 km/h till 160km/h

Front assist 5 km/h till 30 km/h when to close to a car you see a red car and arrow on the road in the maxi dot

Also a sound will warn when to close. If the driver takes no action a automatic brake action will follow to prevent

a collision or less damage. I never let the system go so far as the automatic brake action.

Unfortunately Skoda UK decided we're not worthy.

Hi

Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section but this is my first post on Briskoda

I have ordered an Octavia VRS diesel which is due to be Delivered end of July Beginning of August and on my list of options is Standard cruise control at £180. My Question is this. Have the Build Specs changed because in the Octavia Vrs Brochure It says that cruise is a £180 option whereas on Skoda UK's website cruise control is listed as standard equipment on the Vrs over the SE model?? :wonder:

I look forward to your replies. :happy:

It's just changed. Cruise is now standard. This will be effective on cars built from the end of June (someone will give you the build week.)

You may be able to negotiate a refund based on the fact you have paid for something that is now standard.

• Like 1

It's just changed. Cruise is now standard. This will be effective on cars built from the end of June (someone will give you the build week.)

You may be able to negotiate a refund based on the fact you have paid for something that is now standard.

I thought this might be the case thanks ajtrader100 

I had an email from the Dealer saying that the build date was approx 9 weeks from his email dated 25/4/14 so I am guessing that makes it around week 26-27.end of June beginning of july.

If that's the case Zoidberg I have no problem with it costing me £180. tbh I Got the car for a Great Price anyhow. Just didn't want to get Duped because I know it would just be my luck  :happy: .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Moving from a Mk II Ambient Estate to a Mk III SE Estate I was sorry to lose the shallow storage box behind the rear seats, there are no boxes on the flanks of the boot and the little storage box beneath the passenger seat (where the satnav lived) has also gone. Overall a loss of cubby-holes - oh, and the coin tray in the seat and the courtesy illumination in the doors...     

• 5 months later...

My Octavia Estate 1.8TSi DSG L&K is scheduled for build week 48 (w/c 24th November 2014).

I would appreciate it if somebody could advise when model year 15 becomes 15.5 and what changes/updates are included.

If there is a source for this information to which I could go myself please advise.

Thanks in advance