I have been told the suspension for the skoda pickup (mine is the VW version) is pretty weird and you have to modify coilovers etc if you want to lower it?

is this true? im waiting to lower mine but dont have the skills to be modifying things like that!

cheers lads

Depends how low you want to go. I lowered mine with springs off ebay, retained the std shocks. It took 40-50 odd mm out of the ride height. If you want to go much lower than this then you will need some special coilovers made.

Depends how low you want to go. I lowered mine with springs off ebay, retained the std shocks. It took 40-50 odd mm out of the ride height. If you want to go much lower than this then you will need some special coilovers made.

got a pic mate?

and as for the air ride, far too expensive for what im going for :)

you can use the front coilovers from a mk1 focus, much easier if you get the hubs bored out slightly though.. and it is also possible to use the adjustable spring platforms and rear springs from the same mk1 focus kit to do the back end... simples

link mate?

http://www.ebay.co.u...cat=0&_from=R40

I cant remember if this is the same co who I got mine from? They dont list a diesel set, rears are gonna be the same but fronts need to be for diesel as the diesel engine is heavier than the petrol ones. Prob best to contact them.I shall try and put a pic up in a bit. Never really tried to on this forum even tho I've been on here for 4 years!

I have some scorpio cosworth leather seats which is a summer hol project (im a teacher) I think they may be a bit wide for my felly tho! They were given to me by a mate. the drivers seat even has electric adjustment (which will defo be ripped off before fitting (if the seat fits) The 4 or so motors make the seat weigh a ton!

the mk2/mk3 golf or polo4 rears will go straight on without any hassle at all, simple bolt on job

I used the front top spring cap that came with the mk3 golf kit rather than the ones supplied with the ford ones they have the same size spring diameter but a different type of top cap, the vw type suit the skoda oem top mounts better... Failing that you could just drill a few extra holes in your suspension turrets and use a complete focus top mount setup.. I had to drill out the top hat from the oem skoda top mount bearing to 14mm ( or it might have been 12mm I can't remember) to suit the ford damper piston thread, the thread on top of the ford damper is literally only just long enough to work with but it goes on ok if you are determined

100_1027.jpg

where the damper base goes into the bore in the upright/hub it is a really tight press fit, I means really effing tight, you can get them in if you are careful but you would be better off getting a machine shop to bore them out to the right size