Walkers Skoda - Kings Lynn

• 2 years later...

Recently purchased my Mk3 Octavia vRS tsi from Walkers KL.

Service was excellent, The salesman wasn't pushy or rude. Had to push to get the deal I wanted and in the end i'm a very happy customer. Hopefully the after sale service is still top quality as I will be returning for services and tyres etc.

Now awaiting the arrival of the Mrs's new car. A new fabia 1.4 tdi SEL from Walkers.

• 4 months later...

Whilst my 2013 Superb estate was in the Walkers Skoda workshop to have the emissions cheating software fixed the dealer decided to inspect the car and quote to fix anything he could find wrong. She came up with £66 to change the windscreen wipers and £306 to change the front disks.

I ordered some new Bosch wiper blades for about £18 delivered to my house and fitted them in about 30 seconds per side - I couldn't help thinking that nearly £50 labour charge would have been extortionate.

I've just had a look at the front disks (the car's first MoT is tomorrow, it has covered jut over 30,000 miles) and the lip that the dealer's workshop reported is almost imperceptible, so I'd say the disks are no more than half worn. I checked up the cost of disks online and could buy a pair for about £50 delivered. I suppose it would take me about an hour per side to fit them (and of course the dealer's workshop could do the job rather quicker), so the cost of labour must be something around £250. Not only does this job not need doing yet, but the quote is double what it should be.

I think you can tell where this is going: it looks like the supplying dealer is not only inflating service prices but also looking for work that is not there (in the case of the disks). I'm losing faith in Walkers Skoda; this was compounded by the workshop leaving the oil filler cap off during the recall work (luckily I noticed it before any real damage was done).

I like the car and don't see any reason to change it, so I want to maintain it properly. It is 3 years old so I'll look around for a reputable independent garage that can look after it without charging far too much, making up work or losing parts of the car.