Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

9 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

Just placed my order for the new 245, Corrida red hatch. Not got a build date yet :'(

If I remember correctly, I think I signed the contract 18th of August - I received the car the 17th this month. I got the impression that they prioritizes the vRS models :)

Edited by KristofferStrand
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KristofferStrand said:

If I remember correctly, I think I signed the contract 18th of August - I received the car the 17th this month. I got the impression that they prioritizes the vRS models :)

Well that exciting! I took over someone elses order who pulled out so apparently iv skipped 4 weeks of the queue.... scheduled for end of Feb iv been advised so far.... it seems SO far away :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, szombat said:

Quartz grey RS 230 DSG ordered on Sept 8th. Dealer told me it will be in shop early December.  Im coming from an Opel Astra G. Counting the days :D

Thats pretty quick!!

• 2 weeks later...

My Ex-Demonstrator 230 vRS, DSG, DCC, Black Pack, Canton, Front and Rear Heated Seats, Reversing Camera and removable tow hitch.

Picked it up yesterday from Winchester Skoda with 3333 miles on the clock.

Very pleased with it, time to play with my VCDS cable - 1st up High-Beam Assist as I've got the front camera for Lane Assist, also going to see if I can get the Traffic Sign Recognition sorted.

Paul

Pic.jpg

• Like 3

On 26/10/2017 at 23:10, Deeejay1054 said:

Good evening everyone.... so I picked her up brand spanking new last weekend and today was her first wash... last week was manic busy for me away with work so not had chance to post piccys up or drive about much. VRS diesel .. and she will be having a little bit of magic applied over the next few weeks ... oh yes - DTUK tuning box going on soon, god help me she's fast already without it! vrooooommmmmm!! 1f642.png

.....I'm totally in love with the handling out on the road.. its my first ever VRS.. and can I just say wow, she's one awesome car! She handles far better too than my previous car which was a M sport BMW X1! So without a do...please meet mistress vader! very proud to be Briskodian  member officially now :)

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

22769740_10213935623042838_6311796717240002012_o.jpg

BEF4DD20-9202-4DA0-8C47-8E5AE00C3BE5.thumb.jpeg.8017abf6b3af836b19d75aabcec3d302.jpeg9965779B-EF1B-4D57-87CD-185C80A1D127.thumb.jpeg.66b3ff5e7cde264d6b4bd52b0683c932.jpegJust like my black magic diesel! 

Edited by Draxs77
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, stever750 said:

Please post your findings on the tuning box! 

Yes Steve I will.. im just in the process of awaiting my tuning box back from DTUK, as was three versions behind so getting the guys to reflash it for me £90 cost. I bought the tuning box second hand for £120 so still a bargain! :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stever750 said:

Please post your findings on the tuning box! 

I have the tuning box CRD3+ and pedal box as well and its totally transformed the drive. It feels like driving a hot hatch rather than a turbo diesel. I have only had one diesel BMW thats been able to hold its own with me on acceleration and that was a 335. It was the best part of £500 notes but well worth it. a few times ihave had to reel it in as it just gets to 80 and keeps going and going. You need to be careful as could be sitting at 120+ before you even realise what speed your at as it pulls so strong. I'm running the program 2+1 and have had no lights or issues at all.

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 3

Yesterday I picked up my 63 (14) plate 1.4 tsi SE, pacific blue with options MFSW, Auto Lights and auto mirror (and presumably auto wipers), rear arm rest + aftermarket (I think) front arm rest.

OK, early days, hopefully not a lemon! Private sale,  bargain price IMO.  A few age related scuffs and dinks (not bothered given price as its going to happen sooner or later anyway :( ), but missed an issue, the undertray is loose towards rear on one side - looks slightly damaged and the retaining whatsit (washer) has pushed through. It feels secure in that its not going to drop off so I'm not unduly worried  but will try and work out how to "patch" it sometime soon. Assuming the bolt comes out OK of course! Any tips ? (OT,  sorry).

Anyway, so far this new fangled witchcraft in engine design has me driving like a.....the "issue" is I had an Avensis 1.8 which needed the nuts revved off it to accelerate, where as this  is the opposite, 1.5 K + and it flies (comparatively)!

Edited by Hoarace
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Deeejay1054 said:

Yes Steve I will.. im just in the process of awaiting my tuning box back from DTUK, as was three versions behind so getting the guys to reflash it for me £90 cost. I bought the tuning box second hand for £120 so still a bargain! :)

I have it on an eBay search! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tim1631 said:

I have one

Just to add DTUK are updating the tuning box with latest software version tailored for my car - manual diesel 67 plate, which they say is 4 versions newer than what was on the box... I'm trusting them with honesty as to be fair they have been decent with me giving free advice beforehand... It's costing me £90 posted back to me, but still works out a bargain for latest software on used tuning box so i'm happy with that :)

23 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

I have the tuning box CRD3+ and pedal box as well and its totally transformed the drive. It feels like driving a hot hatch rather than a turbo diesel. I have only had one diesel BMW thats been able to hold its own with me on acceleration and that was a 335. It was the best part of £500 notes but well worth it. a few times ihave had to reel it in as it just gets to 80 and keeps going and going. You need to be careful as could be sitting at 120+ before you even realise what speed your at as it pulls so strong. I'm running the program 2+1 and have had no lights or issues at all.

thanks Johnny that's really good to know ..:)  I was thinking about the pedal box too but wanted to see how I got on without it and just using the tuning box... many say it adds more but this is purely for accel isn't it and basically doubles your foot down on accel hence the quicker pick up? I have seen DTUK new pedal box which looks nice too, a nice improvement on the original one. I'm going to see how I get on without one first, it may be enough for me with the tuning box added. thanks

4 hours ago, Deeejay1054 said:

thanks Johnny that's really good to know ..:)  I was thinking about the pedal box too but wanted to see how I got on without it and just using the tuning box... many say it adds more but this is purely for accel isn't it and basically doubles your foot down on accel hence the quicker pick up? I have seen DTUK new pedal box which looks nice too, a nice improvement on the original one. I'm going to see how I get on without one first, it may be enough for me with the tuning box added. thanks

Yes a much faster pick up, the reponse is night and day. You have 4 settings and 6 points of fine tuning in each setting (not that you would notice). I was Skeptical before getting the pedal but the difference is well worth it. 

• Like 1