Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

On 08/11/2017 at 11:55, JohnnyType2 said:

i wasn't dissappointed and im hard to please... i think there was a discount doce bris80 for money off im not sure if its valid? you could ask andrew@dtuk

Yeah they did the update on my second hand box to latest version and the latest pedal box plus all for £250. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 19:07, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Very pleased with it, time to play with my VCDS cable - 1st up High-Beam Assist as I've got the front camera for Lane Assist, also going to see if I can get the Traffic Sign Recognition sorted.

Paul

Pic.jpg

Hi Paul, I too am very interested in getting the high beam assist  working, did you have any problems ?

If not, do you know which version of the hardware/software you have ?

Lots of VCDS guys have had problems with my adaptions map, my version is

20171110_170807.jpg

On 11/9/2017 at 19:25, JohnnyType2 said:

I think they are good in stock setup for 500nm of torque, the max torque increase from the tuning box is 420, they can be remapped too AFAIK but you would need serious power.

500Nm frpm the tunningbox

DSG's can handle more than that though

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hi Paul, I too am very interested in getting the high beam assist  working, did you have any problems ?

If not, do you know which version of the hardware/software you have ?

Lots of VCDS guys have had problems with my adaptions map, my version is

20171110_170807.jpg

Have this on my mk7 Golf as standard and hardly ever use it. When I did go to use it the front camera was faulty and had to be replaced under warranty. It is not as fast as the human eye at detecting oncoming traffic. Optional €231 on new Skoda, hence never picked it, total waste of money. 

On 09/11/2017 at 15:20, Deeejay1054 said:

Yeah they did the update on my second hand box to latest version and the latest pedal box plus all for £250. 

I'm thinking of sending my second hand box back for an update, check over and thereafter ongoing support. I wanted to check it out first that my car wasn't going to reject its new organ before spending too much on it. 

Quartz grey 1.0tsi style

Black wheels

Ordered 8 sept

Should turn up for January reg

Coming from a Bmw520d via a 200euro Almera of all things,my other post should explain things.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 07:35, JohnnyType2 said:

I have the tuning box CRD3+ and pedal box as well and its totally transformed the drive. It feels like driving a hot hatch rather than a turbo diesel. I have only had one diesel BMW thats been able to hold its own with me on acceleration and that was a 335. It was the best part of £500 notes but well worth it. a few times ihave had to reel it in as it just gets to 80 and keeps going and going. You need to be careful as could be sitting at 120+ before you even realise what speed your at as it pulls so strong. I'm running the program 2+1 and have had no lights or issues at all.

I've now covered 300+ miles on M2+1 and M1+1 on my CRD3 box, they're different (I think) but it's not night and day - the seller (mine is nearly new but used) gave me the impression there was quite a difference between the three Map settings, but it's not that obvious to me with my car. On either of those settings I'd be astonished if I could keep up with a 335d let alone outrun one. It pulls strongly, but I'm 99% certain it's nothing like my mapped Cupra 280, and that would have had to have been hammered to outpace the BMW, they are seriously fast machines. I don't think I have an underpowered standard output either - it's noticeably quicker than my Superb 190, which on paper, and mathematically it shouldn't be.

Maybe I just need to be brave and whack it on a +2 or even a +3 setting, but I have no means of clearing any fault codes, without resorting to paying someone to do it, which doesn't appeal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stever750 said:

I've now covered 300+ miles on M2+1 and M1+1 on my CRD3 box, they're different (I think) but it's not night and day - the seller (mine is nearly new but used) gave me the impression there was quite a difference between the three Map settings, but it's not that obvious to me with my car. On either of those settings I'd be astonished if I could keep up with a 335d let alone outrun one. It pulls strongly, but I'm 99% certain it's nothing like my mapped Cupra 280, and that would have had to have been hammered to outpace the BMW, they are seriously fast machines. I don't think I have an underpowered standard output either - it's noticeably quicker than my Superb 190, which on paper, and mathematically it shouldn't be.

Maybe I just need to be brave and whack it on a +2 or even a +3 setting, but I have no means of clearing any fault codes, without resorting to paying someone to do it, which doesn't appeal.

A 235hp diesel will never outpace a 335d they are twin turbo 3.0L 280bhp and thirsty to boot. So its like comparing apples and oranges. Two completely different cars. My point was all the other BMW equivalent diesels lag behind a vRS with this box

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyType2 said:

A 235hp diesel will never outpace a 335d they are twin turbo 3.0L 280bhp and thirsty to boot. So its like comparing apples and oranges. Two completely different cars. My point was all the other BMW equivalent diesels lag behind a vRS with this box

Fair enough, then a cooking 320d is not any quicker than a std vrs diesel, you'd hope there aren't any 2L four pots that are. A tuned version of the skoda will always he quicker than anything comparable stock. 

16 hours ago, stever750 said:

Fair enough, then a cooking 320d is not any quicker than a std vrs diesel, you'd hope there aren't any 2L four pots that are. A tuned version of the skoda will always he quicker than anything comparable stock. 

There's a VAG 2.0 BiTDi in the Passat and Tiguan with 240bhp, and rumoured to be coming in a Kodiak vRS...my bro in law has the Passat, my DTUK'd vRS 4x4 TDi will just about keep up.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2017 at 11:59, pist0nbr0ke said:

There's a VAG 2.0 BiTDi in the Passat and Tiguan with 240bhp, and rumoured to be coming in a Kodiak vRS...my bro in law has the Passat, my DTUK'd vRS 4x4 TDi will just about keep up.

I think I've only ever seen one of the biturbo Passats. That would be an interesting engine in a skoda for sure, it needs a more upmarket offering before the whole market for them dies off. I'm hoping that the scaremongering and subsequent apparent collapse in demand for diesel cars means the prices will drop over next couple of years as current supply contracts run to their conclusion. 

On 11/6/2017 at 07:28, Deeejay1054 said:

Yes Steve I will.. im just in the process of awaiting my tuning box back from DTUK, as was three versions behind so getting the guys to reflash it for me £90 cost. I bought the tuning box second hand for £120 so still a bargain! :)

Hi Steve,

I have fitted now both the tuning box and the pedal box plus onto the car.... the tuning box adds more kick and makes it gallop quicker, but oh my when you add that pedal box it turns into a beast! I currently have the tuning box set on Program 2, (tried 1 - which is decent, but now on 2).. not tried 3 yet. And kept all settings to zero so no need yet for +1, +2 etc on the programs as seems good enough already. On the pedal box i just love the second setting (yellow led - sport mode) it picks up so fast, and you definetly notice the difference WOW! trouble is when you de-activate it you feel like its a different car, its so hard to drive without it on! Its well worth the extra cash and adds so much fun into driving...by golly does it add some kick into the engine!!!! :) awesome - buy a pedal box seriously!

• Like 2

On 11/7/2017 at 11:48, JohnnyType2 said:

Yes a much faster pick up, the reponse is night and day. You have 4 settings and 6 points of fine tuning in each setting (not that you would notice). I was Skeptical before getting the pedal but the difference is well worth it. 

so true! i have one now and it flies wow :)

7 hours ago, Deeejay1054 said:

Hi Steve,

I have fitted now both the tuning box and the pedal box plus onto the car.... the tuning box adds more kick and makes it gallop quicker, but oh my when you add that pedal box it turns into a beast! I currently have the tuning box set on Program 2, (tried 1 - which is decent, but now on 2).. not tried 3 yet. And kept all settings to zero so no need yet for +1, +2 etc on the programs as seems good enough already. On the pedal box i just love the second setting (yellow led - sport mode) it picks up so fast, and you definetly notice the difference WOW! trouble is when you de-activate it you feel like its a different car, its so hard to drive without it on! Its well worth the extra cash and adds so much fun into driving...by golly does it add some kick into the engine!!!! :) awesome - buy a pedal box seriously!

Just shows how easy it is to subjectively fool the brain! The pedal adds no power  only throttle response but it must make it feel much faster. I'd be worried about the extra load on the turbo and the fuel pump, they have to work much harder to respond more quickly to throttle demand 

On 11/21/2017 at 00:39, stever750 said:

Just shows how easy it is to subjectively fool the brain! The pedal adds no power  only throttle response but it must make it feel much faster. I'd be worried about the extra load on the turbo and the fuel pump, they have to work much harder to respond more quickly to throttle demand 

haha, you remind me of Moriarty in Kellys Heroes....

I'm new to this forum and am really enjoying it. I've just purchased a 2015 VRS combi in race blue with black pack. Upgraded from 2010 VRS hatch. A massive difference between the two. 

The mk3 is so much more refined. A lot more internal space too. I absolutely love it. I don't feel the need to drive it hard, unlike the mk2 but it's fantastic when you do. 

I'm going to make a few additions (front splitter, rear diffuser) etc and I'll post pics when done. Got great deals for Black Friday on Superskoda and Maxton Design