Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

Hi all

Ran my pre-facelift diesel VrS for 11 months, but wanted to get out of diesel after 15 years (despite 50mpg), so recently got a post-facelift petrol 230. Same colour as my last VrS, but now with sunroof, Canton and heated alcantara seats. Very quiet at lower speeds compared to the diesel, and softer clutch. Yet to take it on long run.

IMG_20170919_152253858.jpg

5 hours ago, goddo863 said:

Hi all

Ran my pre-facelift diesel VrS for 11 months, but wanted to get out of diesel after 15 years (despite 50mpg), so recently got a post-facelift petrol 230. Same colour as my last VrS, but now with sunroof, Canton and heated alcantara seats. Very quiet at lower speeds compared to the diesel, and softer clutch. Yet to take it on long run.

IMG_20170919_152253858.jpg

But how much faster is it? Is the 32-34mpg worth it? 

Don't know yet!  I've only done 4x50 mile return trips in rush hour so far, so yet to see. However I'm moving house this week too, and instead of driving 50 miles a day, I'll be walking to work, so diesel economics no longer so beneficial to me in future.

11 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

heres mine... TDI vRS, in meteor grey, soon to have a Rieger body kit, H&R springs -25mm, 15mm spacers all round, and getting it chipped to 240bhp from TorqueTronics... i definitely expect points on my license. :biggrin:

personal plate reads VRS S OCT, not too shabby getting that one on the cheap. 

skodav_RSforweb.png

Very nice! 

1 minute ago, MATTLUMBARD said:

@Chibakun depends on the size of the profile. I have 18" and its ok on normal roads but if theres a bumpy one you really do feel it. Thats what comes when you have a sports car

I would be buying used if I got one. I don't see many used cars with that active ride control option, most likely as it's an expensive option. But it sounds like the car really needs it.

10 minutes ago, Chibakun said:

I would be buying used if I got one. I don't see many used cars with that active ride control option, most likely as it's an expensive option. But it sounds like the car really needs it.

No it's fine! I less you're elderly with a particularly bad back then it's fine! I've got 19s on mine and the ride quality is no issue. 

I personally prefer it to my superb which can quickly get out of control, the end result bring very crashy. The vrs is much better controlled, so more comfortable. I've not yet managed to get it to a lairy oh sh*te moment.