Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

7 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

Way to totally miss the point. Do you honestly think anyone believes a pedal kit would improve power?

Go read some of the comments posted elsewhere.  And you need to rethink your style, perhaps? I'm not the only one you've managed to irritate this week. 

I was asking you a genuine question as your statement was like a put down as if we are thick or something? do you really think a pedal box will blow the turbo? can you show me with evidence where this has happen or are you just pulling it from thin air to back up your opinion

so many snowflakes...

You get irritated when someone has a different opinion to you? the internet is not for you y friend. I've never come across so many negative comments, sneaky put downs on a forum! I read the comments and its like some of you hate driving your skoda? i dont get it? what did you even lease one for? There are three or four of you who spend your time moaning about what this will do and that will do because you read it somewhere on another forum. 

If someone can point me in the direction of the ignore button you'll be the first one on it as honestly you and two or three others just want to put/bring everyone else down. You got personal with me about something you didn't like, did you expect to not get called out about it?  

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice but I've been in the brisky community for a while now, and if you had you'd know I don't spend all my time moaning. Let's move on from petty name calling and answer the question. I've read a few comments on the pedal box, some if which have claimed it's made thar quicker, and it actually might do by milliseconds because the response time is quicker; and that's the concern I have. In order for the engine to respond that much faster requires the fuel flow and inlet manifold pressure to rise much faster than standard. That may, or may not have a long term detrimental effect, same as remapping might. It's the same concept, you're changing the stress imposed on the components that might or might not have an adverse effect. I've no factual proof of either case, since there are so few recorded instances where things have gone wrong, and the root cause reported. It is indeed the way of the Internet my friend, on that bit you are right. 

sorry Steve but i'm not engaging with you anymore, i have you on ignore [i hope you'll do the same with me]. I'm in North Wales quite a lot with work, so if you ever see a primer grey vRS estate, lowered on 19's and spacers, dripping in carbon fibre with a private plate roaring past you, you're more than welcome to "flip me the bird'.

Life is depressing enough without coming on to Briskoda for more, after all driving one is supposed to be about fun.

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Haha 1

There's only one way to solve this.. .........................FIGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! 

But seriously, give it up chaps. there are some people who are way too serious on here and i imagine way too serious in life!!! 

But this has made me chuckle quiet a lot today lol

Maybe we should start a new thread? Johnny vs Steve hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaa

38 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

sorry Steve but i'm not engaging with you anymore, i have you on ignore [i hope you'll do the same with me]. I'm in North Wales quite a lot with work, so if you ever see a primer grey vRS estate, lowered on 19's and spacers, dripping in carbon fibre with a private plate roaring past you, you're more than welcome to "flip me the bird'.

Life is depressing enough without coming on to Briskoda for more, after all driving one is supposed to be about fun.

Real or fake carbon?

• Haha 2

And I'm supposed to be the snowflake ffs! Why would I flip a bird at you? As for roaring past, in a diesel :) I'm in North Wales a lot too, so if you see a green vrs with a brisky badge you can always give a friendly wave ;)

I won't be roaring anywhere, as my box only works at 1-0 or 2-0 a otherwise my dash resembles Blackpool on a Saturday night. 

Edited by stever750
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there, 

Very new on here, just picked up the car a week ago, and already had to fiddle with it! Every bulb that wasn’t an LED is Now LED including some mega mega bright boot lights, waiting on some bits arriving for it I ordered last week as I can’t leave any car just standard ;)

It’s planned for a proper detail very soon but the weather up here has stopped me from really even moving it this week.  

Will get some good pictures once I get a chance to make it as shiny as it should be! Damn this snow! 90EA7AFB-4D42-4C9D-9FC6-8CAC3BD7C16F.jpeg.8c98e37569da9996a4c55b844603ebd2.jpeg

DDE1E33B-E045-4A0B-83BC-206FDCD06A58.jpeg

E1D88C8F-D8AA-42C5-9945-3B5BB6BE796E.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlackPearlVRS said:

Hi there, 

Very new on here, just picked up the car a week ago, and already had to fiddle with it! Every bulb that wasn’t an LED is Now LED including some mega mega bright boot lights, waiting on some bits arriving for it I ordered last week as I can’t leave any car just standard ;)

I like the idea of swapping the non-LEDs for LEDs'  Newbie question - is it a case of a straight swap or is some system configuration required where it's doesn't recognise the LED bulbs?  Where did you buy the LEDS?  on-line / Halfords / etc?

I feel your pain,I've personally y done this 3 times in 30 years of driving,tally is three tyres one bent /repairable wheel one written off wheel,to be fair though our roads are absolutely diabolical .

1 hour ago, Dezmondo said:

Sure is!

What would take 4-10 minutes to remedy with a spare wheel took 4 hours with a can of tyre weld, 2 recovery lorries and a trip to Kwik fit!

exactly the reason why I always have a spare wheel. Tried tyre repair stuff on a Focus ST I had & had the same result... completely useless.

3 hours ago, SeanG said:

I like the idea of swapping the non-LEDs for LEDs'  Newbie question - is it a case of a straight swap or is some system configuration required where it's doesn't recognise the LED bulbs?  Where did you buy the LEDS?  on-line / Halfords / etc?

Same here, the boot lights are crap!

Bit the bullet and from reading other posts, ordered a full set of LEDs from LedPerf (including the removal tool set).  Hopefully the swap out will be as easy as ordering them!  :tongueout:

This is what I ordered: https://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-interior-full-led-pure-white-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4942.html

Admittedly, mine is the new FL 2018 model but the picture link said 2013 - 2018 model so hopefully I didn't make a ****-up and they won't work.  Tell me otherwise and put me out of my misery (especially when I've received an email saying they are 'in the post' and no option to cancel at this stage). :sweat:

If I did screw up, anyone want to but a pre-FL set of interior LEDs?  :sadsmile:

24 minutes ago, SeanG said:

This is what I ordered: https://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-interior-full-led-pure-white-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4942.html

Admittedly, mine is the new FL 2018 model but the picture link said 2013 - 2018 model so hopefully I didn't make a ****-up and they won't work.  Tell me otherwise and put me out of my misery (especially when I've received an email saying they are 'in the post' and no option to cancel at this stage). :sweat:

If I did screw up, anyone want to but a pre-FL set of interior LEDs?  :sadsmile:

Nope I also see 2013-2018 so I reckon you'll be ok but, I'll wait for confirmation of fitment from you before I order mine, if you don't mind

BTW I had a full set of headlights from this company before & they lasted the 3-1/2 years I had the car so, they don't sell rubbish

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Nope I also see 2013-2018 so I reckon you'll be ok but, I'll wait for confirmation of fitment from you before I order mine, if you don't mind

BTW I had a full set of headlights from this company before & they lasted the 3-1/2 years I had the car so, they don't sell rubbish

No problems and happy to help.  Spent a few hours yesterday installing the hardwire kit for the Nextbase dashcam and wiring in my iPhone mount/cradle (picture elsewhere on the Forum of the new car).  When the interior lights are done, hopefully someone with VCDS (based in Ireland) will help with some other config mods.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OliR said:

Same here, the boot lights are crap!

I ordered a pack of 10 W5W or T10 capless LED bulbs, for about £5 on eBay, and these are fine for all interior lights, I changed the glovebox, the two above the dash and the three in the rear. I also bought some 200 lumen (mega bright) LED W5W (so same fitment as the rest) lights for about £5 for the pair, for the two boot lights, and all these are a straight swap, easy enough with a small screwdriver to remove the light holders. 

I then done done a bit of research into the number plate lights, you can buy it pensive kits or even genuine LED complete units from VW, but they still need VAGCOM or VCDS coding to remove the canbus error stating a problem with the rear no. Plate lamps on the dash board. Or you can buy resistors to put into the loom on the no. Plate lamps and this creates the expected draw the car wants to see and so also eliminates the error message on the dash.

hope this helps. Such a simple Thing to do and makes the car look much fresher and suits better with the Xenons and LED lights fitted to the car originally.  I passionately hate yellow tinted bulbs now! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BlackPearlVRS said:

I ordered a pack of 10 W5W or T10 capless LED bulbs, for about £5 on eBay, and these are fine for all interior lights, I changed the glovebox, the two above the dash and the three in the rear. I also bought some 200 lumen (mega bright) LED W5W (so same fitment as the rest) lights for about £5 for the pair, for the two boot lights, and all these are a straight swap, easy enough with a small screwdriver to remove the light holders. 

I then done done a bit of research into the number plate lights, you can buy it pensive kits or even genuine LED complete units from VW, but they still need VAGCOM or VCDS coding to remove the canbus error stating a problem with the rear no. Plate lamps on the dash board. Or you can buy resistors to put into the loom on the no. Plate lamps and this creates the expected draw the car wants to see and so also eliminates the error message on the dash.

hope this helps. Such a simple Thing to do and makes the car look much fresher and suits better with the Xenons and LED lights fitted to the car originally.  I passionately hate yellow tinted bulbs now! 

Thankfully the new car has LED rear lights as well as number plate so don’t have to worry about them on that front.  Interesting on the boot lights so will see how the LED replacements work otherwise I’ll upgrade to the 200 lumens you mention. Ta.