Reversing Camera on Amundsen Plus

007lookalike

• 1 month later...

The most important thing is the Amundsen+ needs an RGB Low line (fixed graphic lines) camera, Check the size by measuring your boot lamp fittings holes, it's easy to lever out the lamps with a simple screwdriver protected by some felt (or the paint gets scratched). I went with the kit as I struggled to find details Ion the connection - until *after* I had it fitted here they are - good luck finding the plug too :-)

RN315 Amundsen+ rear connections

RN315 Amundsen+ rear view

This article is great: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccopedia/index.php?title=How_To_Retro_Fit_The_Reversing_Camera download the pdf at the end, although its in German it's very helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ironic after all our chat it appears that I've bought it from you after my original camera was smashed in tesco's car park - thanks for the quick despatch it only took 5 minutes to pop out the boot release and swap the camera over ;-)

• 7 months later...

It needs an RGB harness and camera, the issue is as far as I have been able to find there are no appropriate direct fits for the boot handle or number plate lights for the camera. I've ordered one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171036204250?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

For £60 delivered I thought that it was worth a punt, the description has a fair amount on the connections and the coding of the head unit (you will need a VCDS cable or visit to one of us that has one). I also found the instructions for wiring the tow bar which are helpful for panel removing here:

http://www.bertelshofer.com/dokumente/einbauanleitung/7BS003-22.pdf

I'm intending to:

- remove the head trim at the front and drop the head out

- remove the glove box

- use the guide above to remove the door sill trim channels, the rear left boot side lining, the boot lining, the rear pillar trim.

- plug the cable into head unit and connect the +ve and -ve camera harness into the head via an inline fuse (I really don't want to pull out the whole fuse box) the current is tiny, a few mA so this will be fine and allow for a smaller 20mm fuse rather than a blade type.

- run the two cables behind the glove box, along the door channels, and into the left side of the boot where the last wire will be connected to the reverse light.

- then run the two cables up the rear pillar and throughout the rubber tube (dreading that bit) into the tailgate

- during all of the above I'll wrap the wires to the existing harness with cloth tape to stop rubbing and squeaks

- then I'm going to pop out a rear number plate light, take out the bulb and make a cut away so he camera sits at an angle, then I'm going to replace the bulb with a smaller high power LED and just tack in the camera with a lump of blue tack for now

- finally I'll code the head, test it and set the camera angle before using Tigerseal to lock it in place and waterproof the modified number plate light, then pop back all the panels

Hope this helps, as I said I have not done an of this yet (although I have on another cars) and I'm toying with fitting the MDI interface while I'm at it. I'll post again in a couple of weeks and let you know how it goes.

I am hoping to fit reversing camera to my 2110 Octavia with Amunden radio. How did you get on with the kit from China. Robert

• 1 year later...

Hi guys

quick question for the experts

I have a 2011 skoda fabia with a amundsen unit but no parking sensors, so therefor no radar display when reverse is engaged, can a reverse cam still be fitted and activated? Also my unit is NOT the + variant

kind regards

Edited by CRZ13

14 hours ago, CRZ13 said:

Hi guys

quick question for the experts

I have a 2011 skoda fabia with a amundsen unit but no parking sensors, so therefor no radar display when reverse is engaged, can a reverse cam still be fitted and activated? Also my unit is NOT the + variant

kind regards

No, not possible as there's no input connector on the Amundsen.

4 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

Unless of course you have an Amundsen + unit, do you? In which case it's possible it has the required connector port.

Its definitely the Amundsen unit and not the+ unfortunately  as the nav is loaded via a memory card and not stored on a built in hdd if im right in saying