Rear wheel arch liners?

Owens

I have just picked up the liners and fittings. It then started raining so may get chance at the weekend. I did have a quick look and have found a couple of mounting holes to have a dry fit. Although there are 18 holes and only 14 fittings (acording to ETKA) I think a couple of them each side just use the screws. Will post more info when I get a chance.

post-32484-0-39092700-1372354371_thumb.jpg

post-32484-0-77619000-1372354371_thumb.jpg

mine came in today but they didn't tell me until 5pm and the dealership shuts at 5:30. I had no chance of getting there in time in rush hour traffic. I'll collect tomorrow.

Look forward to hearing more!

The hardest part is lining up the arch and finding the holes. There is no real tell tale signs until you find it. I basically used a flat head screwdriver and poked untill I felt some give. Then it was a case of pushing through and pulling off.

As you can see there is a gap behide the arch, there is no point to screw this to.

20130628_160506.jpg

Again there is no where to screw this mounting point in to (possibly difference on the UP Bumper)

20130628_160512.jpg

You do not need as many screws etc as it states (not on the citigo)

I cannot get this is attach maybe the UP rear bumper is different??

20130628_160526.jpg

You must change this part in bumper for another one attached to liners kit. And then replace plastic screw for metal one with torx head.

Edited by Ghost2255

Well Done. You beat me to it. I now have a good idea where the holes are. I am hoping to have a play on Sunday.

Owen the longest part of the job was finding the discs. As much as I studied the arch I could not make them out.

I test fitted the arch and then marked where I thought the disc might be. Which sometimes was wrong.

Best way to find them is with a flathead screwdriver and feel for the give.

You only need 6 screws each side, there is more holes in the arch but no where to mate them up with on the car.

I started the other side at just after 8:15 yesterday even and by 9 I was done, tools packed away and swapped the cars back over in the drive. Both sides should take just over an hour if your handy with a set of tools.

Well all done in an hour and a half. and the only difficulty was deciding how to fit the liner around the mud flap fittings. I opted to sandwich it between the mounting and the mud flap. I see you did not fit the spring clip on your mud flap (the one at the bottom near the bolt) which acts as a stop for the rear bottom liner. I may take off mine. I am going to have another look at ETKA as i might have an idea of what fits in the additional holes. I did go for a spin and there did seem to be a reduction in road noise, but that may be wishful thinking.

It looks like the UP has a differrent moulding at the front lower edge of the rear wheel arch.

The Up part No.s are 1S0810987 Lhs and 1S0810988 Rhs. Can anyone with an UP take a picture of their one to see if they are deeper than the Citigo ones?

So updated parts list

1 x Wheel housing liner plastic left rear 1S0 810 971

1 x Wheel housing liner plastic right rear 1S0 810 972

4 x Expanding nut 5 x 13,2 N 106 213 01

6 x Expanding nut 4,8 N 908 338 01

12 x Hex soc head panel bolt N 909 747 01

? not required 4 x Insert Nut 811 807 577 C these are for additional brackets securing the bottom front or rear outer holes

Pic 1 Outer liner fitting with some Waxoyl

Pic 2 Inner fittings with Waxoyl

Pic 3 Markings to adjust liner for mud flaps

Pic 4 Finished with mud flaps securing the rear.

Pic 5 Bottom rear fixing by replacing the original small head screw and fitting one of the hex soc head screws.

Pic 6 Rear wheel arch front bottom moulding that may be deeper on the UP to accommodate the liner fixing?

post-32484-0-17847700-1372501265_thumb.jpg

post-32484-0-86037700-1372501276_thumb.jpg

post-32484-0-81646800-1372501287_thumb.jpg

post-32484-0-72693000-1372501293_thumb.jpg

post-32484-0-41347500-1372502308_thumb.jpg

Edited by Owens

I may also cut the liner to go around the mud flap. I left my clip off purely as it was so cold when I fitted them my thumbs had given up, they have stayed on for 3k miles so they seem fine without them fitted.

Has it cut any noise? Maybe a bit but it's certainly stopped the machine gun effect when going over lose stones.

If the weather is good tomorrow I might have a further tinker with them after I've washed the octavia.

I have just ordered the Up moulding that goes on the front of the rear wheel arches. Hopefully this will allow the rear liners to bolt on?

The part numbers are 1S0 810 987 1S0 (LHS) and 1S0 810 988 1S0 (RHS) £3.65 + vat each.

will let you know if it works when I get them.

• Like 1

I have just ordered the Up moulding that goes on the front of the rear wheel arches. Hopefully this will allow the rear liners to bolt on?

The part numbers are 1S0 810 987 1S0 (LHS) and 1S0 810 988 1S0 (RHS) £3.65 + vat each.

will let you know if it works when I get them.

photo please :hi:

Hi Ghost2255,

Can you post a picture of your Up's mouldings on the front of the rear wheel arch to see if they are the same as the citigo? (see MK12D's post no. 30).

I did wonder if ther shoud be a short L shapped bracket from the rear suspension mount to the front of the rear liner ? But cant see anything on ETKA?

Edited by Owens

ie this picture (I think)

20130628_160506.jpg

There is at least one possible mounting point just above the "splash" guard.

I will see if I can get a how to in full this weekend as I want to take off and waxoil the mounting points.

I am up to my limit of pic's at the moment and having difficulty in getting Freedom membership through the shop at the moment (Colin is onto that one).

If you look just above the suspension arm bolt at 11 o'clock  position. There is a hole that may be used to fit an L shaped bracket. Trawling through EKTA does not show anything like an L shaped bracket? Although I did see a different splash guard part No. that was different from the Citigo's. So those are what I have ordered to see if they are any good.

I have posted a request on the UP forum to see if any one has liners fitted as standard and we will see what comes of that. Someone said that the rear inner arch liners are from the Up country?

Well the front fitting I ordered worked. They take the place of the existing inserts  and space out to meet the wheel arch liners.

The part numbers are

1S0 810 987 9B9 (LHS)

1S0 810 988 9B9 (RHS) £3.65 + vat each.

post-32484-0-53135400-1373141884_thumb.jpg

post-32484-0-36850300-1373141933_thumb.jpg

post-32484-0-21816600-1373142068_thumb.jpg

I have produced a ROUGH guide for fitting the liners and posted it in the Technical section.

Ordered all the parts yesterday for Dad's Citigo, came to £73.63 but are on back order.  Hopefully won't take as long to arrive as the new type badges I bought for my Octavia.