Rear wheel arch liners

Owens

I mean removed in the figurative sense of the word, in that I wrongly thought all cars had them as standard, not that the CItigo had them and were later removed. 

But very interesting that your 2019 has it.  Unfortunately for me my Facelift 2017 SE-L 75 Greentech doesn't have them so it's been added as standard somewhere in those 2 years.  I do wonder if adding the arch liners and the bonnet noise absorber would make any discernible difference to the noise level...

I have only driven models that had wheel arch liners fitted (all 4 arches), but I doubt it affects the noise much; mine seems surprisingly quiet anyway - for an "econobox".  Maybe liners may have a slight effect, since the bulk of the noise is road noise... It is a hard thing to measure, of objectively judge.

I have fitted sound felt under the bonnet on two other cars, years ago, and it honestly didn't seem to do a lot. One, I cut myself, and the other was a "proper kit" that a friend gave me as it didn't fit his model year.   I think under-bonnet felt works better with diesels, owing to the timbre of the noise those engines make, especially from outside the car! Inside, you are already quite well insulated from the engine bay...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if E-Up! part number 1S0810971H will fit the Citigo ? 

Looking at images online it looks like it's moulded slightly differently to 1S0810971C and as such wouldn't require the adapter 1S0810987 9B9.

1592797359_wheelarch.thumb.jpg.ceced19458b6f1681bdf26498b453be5.jpg