RRG SKODA - Rochdale

BigW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Used them for the cambelt and water pump change they collected and returned the car to and from my place of work.

They also changed the coilpacks  for free after some wrangling I think there was a communication mix up between staff......

Edited by gertie
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ordered my Yeti there but communication has been awful so far. Only one update in 2 months after the order went through, never responded to queries via their website.

Eventually had to call them and ask when my car was likely to be ready. I was told there still wasn't any information but that I should have been updated weekly.

I received a card 2 days later estimating July 7th UK port arrival (for a Feb order) and nothing since.

Before ordering they were very good. I couldn't get my local dealer to give me any test drives but RRG organised them very quickly.

Hoping things improve.

Edited by fatgit

• 3 months later...

Hi, I had my car booked into RRG Skoda at Rochdale a couple of months ago.fault on memory seat and blue tooth connectivity.

Picked it up later the same day told diagnostic equipment used, technician couldn't fix memory seat but would I like to visit another one of their branches miles away so another tech could look at it.A 5 min call had been made via my cars blue tooth and no problem found so there must be a compatability issue with the phone I use?

Now, I subsequently discover no equipment whatsoever was used. absolutely no call was made in my vehicle and the service receptionist was the one who ? Worked on the vehicle. It was stood outside the workshop for 3 hrs then stood another 3 hrs when it was brought in. The actual amount of time the receptionist was at the car was 21 mins.

how do I know all this? I have a dash cam.

informed the general manager who was san fairy Ann about the whole matter. I only got a written apology after I'd contacted trading standards and others.

I contacted Skoda UK who said we have noted this dealership on our system but....nothing we can do because they are a franchised business.

I guess without going on you know that when the car is changed nxt it's going to be another manufacturer. ..

so be aware of this dealership and obviously any others you trust your vehicle to.

• 4 weeks later...

Great experience with RRG. Bought a Superb 4x4 TDF Special Edition in July. Was very happy with the deal and the full start to finish service. I have always dealt with RRG Toyota in the past and put my Avensis into the figures as part exchange and was happy with the figures. Got 3 years free servicing included so I will use them for service also. Thumbs up from me  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As I have mentioned on the corroded badge thread had my first service done at RRG Rochdale last weekend. All went fine they even fitted upgraded headlamp bulbs that I supplied for me. I also asked them to replace the corroded Skoda badge on the tailgate which they did. I picked the car up and went home happy, until that is I got home and noticed just to side of the new badge a small outward dent the size of a screwdriver head. To cut along story short after various phone calls emails and non returned calls I have got nowhere. So on Wednesday I am getting it sorted myself at my expense. Needless to say I wont be using RRG again. A few weeks previous I had been in to ask about trading mine in for a new black edition which they new very little about, and the part ex they came up with was really low. Funny that saying I have just had an email from Simpsons stating that they would give an extra £3000 trade in for mine against a black edition?

• 7 months later...

Having had a lengthy and successful history in the motor trade, particularly working with the vw group I am pleased to announce that I am now RRG Skoda Rochdale's new master technician.

If anyone has any issues or requires help with work they want carrying out, or work that has already been carried out then I will endeavour to do my best.

feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

My car had to have a new cylinder head and catalytic converter fitted last week, in accordance with a TPI.

The car didn't come from RRG, has a major fuelling modification and is 4 years and 68000 miles old. Its maintenance history is complete but not 100% Škoda main dealer.
Despite all that, there was a generous contribution from Škoda UK and further, significant discounts from RRG.

The people I dealt with, Craig at RRG and Carlie at ŠUK, were excellent throughout. I couldn't have come away happier.

Whilst on the premises, I had conversations with salesmen Gordon, Gary and David. I will be buying my next new car from RRG Rochdale :)

• 5 months later...

He's a lovely chap our Gordon. Did he tell you about his own car collection? he owns a few classics!

Yes he was talking about his big classic cars! He loves his big engines! I will keep an eye on the stock list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I posted this on RRG Bolton yesterday in error; hopefully right this time though at Rochdale. Oh Hum.

My wife Bron and I popped over the border this afternoon to introduce ourselves to RRG and were made most welcome; not needing any work carried out at the moment we discussed future servicing of our Yeti with lovely Carla who listened to us answering all our questions; top marks Carla RRG has now got two new customers.

My initial contact this morning with RRG was by email and I was truly amazed by the speed of the reply from Chris Belch; Sales Executive;  nice one Chris; most impressive.

I must agree that it was a revelation not only to be welcomed so warmly but we could actually park our Yeti without needing a shoe horn; the site was spacious and very clean; top marks so far RRG and as Arnie would say we'll be back.

Kind regards, Col.

• Like 1

Hi,

I posted this on RRG Bolton yesterday in error; hopefully right this time though at Rochdale. Oh Hum.

My wife Bron and I popped over the border this afternoon to introduce ourselves to RRG and were made most welcome; not needing any work carried out at the moment we discussed future servicing of our Yeti with lovely Carla who listened to us answering all our questions; top marks Carla RRG has now got two new customers.

My initial contact this morning with RRG was by email and I was truly amazed by the speed of the reply from Chris Belch; Sales Executive; nice one Chris; most impressive.

I must agree that it was a revelation not only to be welcomed so warmly but we could actually park our Yeti without needing a shoe horn; the site was spacious and very clean; top marks so far RRG and as Arnie would say we'll be back.

Kind regards, Col.

Col welcome to the gang!

Your kind words are very much appreciated and should you need any further help or advice then just give us a call or PM me :)

Hi,

Many thanks James I'll definitely take you up on your kind offer if the need arises; credit where credit is due and RRG has got off to a very good start with us; please keep up the good work RRG.

Well said Wino; the other half wish they lived in Yorkshire with quick access over the border.  :D  :D  :D

Kind regards, Col.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...