Azur Skoda - Chichester

BigW

Bought a used Fabia VRS 1.9TDI from here.

Did all the work agreed on the car before purchase. Answered all my questions, very helpful and nice staff. Had a slight problem, went back was dealt with instantly and given a cup of tea! Only downside to the whole 3 visits all in all, was the tea, not strong enough!  :giggle:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Not at all happy with this dealer and won't be returning.  

Recently the engine warning light came on my Octavia and basically this was down to deposits in the inlet manifold requiring its replacement. This is a common fault with these cars. They did offer a contribution towards the manifold cost however when fitting they came back to me to say there were also deposits in the ports around the back of the inlet valves. This is also a common issue with direct injection cars. They suggested removing the cylinder head to clean, which would cost a bomb and frankly seemed a bit invasive.   

After some panic research on the internet I discovered that cleaning can fairly easily be done with the head in situ.

After further discussion with the service departments and technician I decided to take the car away to have that work done elsewhere, as the discussion did not fill me with confidence that the garage really knew what they were doing.

So I took the car to an independent garage that I know have lots of experience with this engine. I did not ask them to check if the ports needed cleaning, but asked them to get on and do the job with the head in situ. They clearly knew exactly what I was talking about.

However they inspected the car with a camera through the manifold and came back to me to say it didn't really need doing yet in their opinion.

Draw your own conclusions.  

• 5 years later...

Been using this garage since 2015. 

In 2015 I was 18 and looking at buying a used Fabia 1.6tdi, the sales manager at the time helped me out but I could tell didn't believe that I was serious and didn't want to take any of my details to follow up or advise if any new stock came in. So I decided to get the car elsewhere. 

I brought my new Fabia in for its first service. Service was quick and easy, staff where helpful. BUT I was informed about an oil leak on the vehicle. I asked how do I go about checking this myself to see if it gets any worse, they said hmm you cant really, we would need to check it in 6 months. I replied, ok so its not serious then. (5 years later no oil leak, so they where fobbing me off) I brushed this off. After this the garage has been very accommodating for me. They serviced my mk2 4 times, cambelt change, engine mount replacement and diagnostic, DPF sensor replacement, adjusting and cleaning my rear break drums and ordering many parts that I have requested. Sue (who sadly leaving Azur at the end of Oct 21) has always served me and has been very helpful. 

My friend purchased a 2016 1.2tsi 90ps 37k Fabia CE from them back in August 2020. The sales rep was ok, there where a few dings and paint chips in the paint but they refused to reduce the price or fix them. Which was imho annoying. They did however sell the 2 x services for £79, floor mats, and umbrella for the passenger seat with the sale of the car. Sales team where ok, not stand out but not awful. - This car went in for its service and they reported a slight water leak from the water pump. We are monitoring this but worried it could be another false alarm due to being a 'new' customer. Which I understand is not good.

They have recently serviced my latest Fabia which I purchased from Sinclair Skoda in Wales. After 1 month of ownership I had a rock hit my lower radiator which caused a leak. I knew what was wrong and went in, told them it was this part, gave them the part number I thought it was and they carried out the work, pricey but as it was under warranty I wanted to keep it all OEM, they where very helpful when I first noticed the coolant light come on and gave me some basic areas to check. (This was before I saw the stream of water from the front rad) Then after a year I had my first service which was easy, they respected my wishes to not have the exterior of the car cleaned but did hoover the inside as per my request. They also MOT'd the car recently (it failed due to lower control arm bushes) Sue called me and explained the issue but that she hasn't costed anything up as she knows I do my own work if I can. I repaired the vehicle myself and back in for a retest, all passed. 

The service team are very helpful at ordering you parts from Germany and looking up parts from other vehicles that are not visible on your VIN. 

Service is hit or miss, I still wonder about the leaks they mention. IF their is a oil leak or any leak the Visual health check should highlight this. 

Overall - Sales 4/5 out of 10  - Service 7 out of 10  (Sue 10/10)

Be assertive with the techs and request evidence if you are ever unsure.