RoadWarrior

Is that rating per corner? in which case it should be ok.

I wouldn't worry about it tbh, but it's not my car so totally up to you.

Do you have a link to the coolant pipes? or did you have to order each individual item?

• Like 1

Is that rating per corner? in which case it should be ok.

I wouldn't worry about it tbh, but it's not my car so totally up to you.

Do you have a link to the coolant pipes? or did you have to order each individual item?

I suppose I'm just worried about them collapsing or something(?) Never even heard of wheel load ratings... only tyre ratings.

It's a full kit and you can get the jubilee clips with them as well. I got them from Awesome GTI but be warned it took them 6 weeks to get the order to me!

Personally I find your email from them wierd, are they genuine bbs? I would assume all wheels are tested to breaking point and then the load rate is established at a safe working load. I cant see a company as world renowned as bbs admitting to thinking these wheel would only be used on small cars! Lets also consider most modern small cars, say golfs, focuses, even fiestas and corsas are probably not far off if not more heavy than our vrs's.

Anyways the load is per corner so a octavia is lighter than their concern weight, for normal driving it shouldn't be a issue. Again I would have expected that information to say something about normal use and track use if it was real.

If you want a real professionals opinion give r tec in st albans a bell, very helpful guys and a genuine bbs supplier for many years what with their dad being the guy who created ripspeed before halfords bought the name

• Like 1

Personally I find your email from them wierd, are they genuine bbs? I would assume all wheels are tested to breaking point and then the load rate is established at a safe working load. I cant see a company as world renowned as bbs admitting to thinking these wheel would only be used on small cars! Lets also consider most modern small cars, say golfs, focuses, even fiestas and corsas are probably not far off if not more heavy than our vrs's.

Anyways the load is per corner so a octavia is lighter than their concern weight, for normal driving it shouldn't be a issue. Again I would have expected that information to say something about normal use and track use if it was real.

If you want a real professionals opinion give r tec in st albans a bell, very helpful guys and a genuine bbs supplier for many years what with their dad being the guy who created ripspeed before halfords bought the name

Yeah they are the genuine thing - I found it a bit weird too. I could perhaps understand on wheels 15" and smaller, but these are 18" :|

Thanks for the input though, I think I'm just going to go ahead and get them. I've seen other Octy's on CH rims and never heard anyone here talk about them failing, so they must be fine.

Quick clean today... and he got his nose pierced :D

20161122_144701_zpsarv3tbkr.jpg

20161122_161338_zps0eza8gsx.jpg

20161122_161343_zpsa67wb2oi.jpg

Not sure on it yet - might take it off and put it behind the bonnet bra, like the vRS badge.

Bonnet is covered in powder from fireworks... and it's not coming off. If I can't scrub it out, I'll have to spray over it with a rattle can :@

Edited by JackRockatansky

Quick clean today... and he got his nose pierced :D

20161122_144701_zpsarv3tbkr.jpg

20161122_161338_zps0eza8gsx.jpg

20161122_161343_zpsa67wb2oi.jpg

Not sure on it yet - might take it off and put it behind the bonnet bra, like the vRS badge.

Definatly behind. It really stands out to the rest haha

• 2 months later...

So I haven't updated this in a while.

The year started like this (quite literally 1st January)...

20170101_174557_zpsnupxp1nk.jpg

...the flashing red light of death came on, followed by the smell of burning oil. Thankfully it was just a sensor.

MoT was today - needed new boots (car feels like it's on rails!) and there's now a massive chunk missing that needs welding:

20170213_171151_zpsz1wdywry.jpg

20170213_171724_zpsxtktzp46.jpg

Anyway, gave the car a clean as it was looking a bit neglected...

20170213_162045_zpsrvsvpmq5.jpg

20170213_164950_zpskwv7ebmm.jpg

I've spent so much on this car in the past 12 months and the majority of it just repairs. I literally have no performance gains after £££££ put into it. Starting to get a little p***** off now.

If anything else major happens in the near future then I'm going to have no other option but to SORN it or get rid. Costing me far too much money now :emoticon-0101-sadsmile:

I take it that's the bottom of the front wing? If so then it's nothing really and worst comes to the worst then a wing costs very little from a scrapers and is fairly easy to change. Good luck with it anyway I hope you don't have to stop with it as it is a great car and an inspiration for what I did with the Croctavia.

• 10 months later...

I were just thinking,while browsing other threads, id not looked at / seen any recent progress with this old bruiser :D

Glad to see it still lives on, even if by life support and many surgeries...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2018 at 22:44, COSMINMAXF16 said:

Can you make the photos be shown again?  My favorite thread on Briskoda.

Yeah I'm rather annoyed that's happened as well. Photobucket has truly mucked this thread up :sadsmile:

I'll see if I can get them to show again. If not I might start a new thread in the spring / summer, with all the old photos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1