RoadWarrior

Try this colour on the RGB scale thro MS office custom colour

It works out a very dark grey, would look mint in Matt colour.

;)

That's pretty much graphite, just without the ever-so-slight blue tint. I'll see if Halfords can do it for me at a reasonable price, but with their standard cans of Graphite for only £6.49, it's gonna have to be a decent price to compete.

Well, I've been busy planning more parts to bolt on.

xbhz.png

I really want to attach metal & rubber underguards, much like the Tangis in NI, but no idea how I'm going to pull that off.

7aqc.png

Next month is a big month - depending on the health check, I might be able to push on with adding new parts... but for now it's staying as it is.

Edited by Tactical 87
  • Like 2

Just one question. Where are you going to get

missiles from? And where can I get some?

Did you ever see the police deception Octy? 

Barricade??? It's quite an old thread but the car looked epic.

Just one question. Where are you going to get

missiles from? And where can I get some?

Did you ever see the police deception Octy? 

Barricade??? It's quite an old thread but the car looked epic.

lmao, well I know a man who knows a man called Bob :D

Nah, I'm going to do the "super-geek" and do a custom prop build. I've seen enough "Ecto 1" roof builds to know that anything is possible, so I'm sure I can work it out.

Wow, that barricade is awesome! :o Shame the thread is dead though - would be nice to know what happened to it.

lmao, well I know a man who knows a man called Bob :D

Nah, I'm going to do the "super-geek" and do a custom prop build. I've seen enough "Ecto 1" roof builds to know that anything is possible, so I'm sure I can work it out.

Wow, that barricade is awesome! :o Shame the thread is dead though - would be nice to know what happened to it.

Its still on here. Now wears porsche splits and is a bit low! Barricade look is long gone though

• Like 1

This is driving me batsh*t... I can't figure out whether I like these lights or not.

eqhs.jpg

xt20.jpg

Anyway, I've been able to secure some "eye brows" nice and cheap and I'll be booking the car in for it's service shortly. Speaking of which... I've always used Castrol Edge 5W30, but recently Mobil 1 Esp 5W30 has caught my eye. Has anyone used this? Decent oil?

I'm really hoping the engine health check comes back ok - I feel like an expectant father atm... I'm just praying the head gasket is fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated anything - been working a lot so not had much time.

My step-brother is moving into a bigger unit at the beginning of October so I'm hoping he can do a full major service on the car... and if everything is alright then the fun can begin!

My first big shiny thing has arrived... so coilovers are going to be a possibility and I can get rid of the sump guard.

no8d.jpg

Hopefully I can then start saving for zaust and FMIC :)

New shiny bits!

First of all there's my new tow strap... adds a certain "something" to the car.

xitk.jpg

And then I decided to get rid of my Pipercross induction. It's getting a bit ropey and it makes then engine sound silent.

d0na.jpg

New K&N fitted, now with 2 cold air feeds. The BOV is now making more noise and the engine actually has some grunt back.

ppxl.jpg

Then I took it for a spin round the block... having forgot to plug the MAS back in :ph34r: I still wish the BOV was louder - it's gone from "tst" to "Tsssssstttttt" but I want "TSSSSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!" :D

I've got matte black sunstrip to fit and then that's it until the service.

• Like 1

Only problem if your filter is now sucking in lots of warm air so it might sound better but you'll be down on power in comparison, not sure how effective the cold air feed wil be... I like those headlights too but I don't think they make them for the UK as they're LHD and don't do them in RHD

Only problem if your filter is now sucking in lots of warm air so it might sound better but you'll be down on power in comparison, not sure how effective the cold air feed wil be... I like those headlights too but I don't think they make them for the UK as they're LHD and don't do them in RHD

Funilly enough, I've not noticed any drop in power or any other adverse affects. In fact, acceleration seems a teeny bit smoother - I think the better location of the cold air feeds is making a difference, as the other one wasn't sucking it directly from the outside.

I did think that about the lights, but they're E Approved so I don't think anyone would really care - same as my old Corsa lights.

im getting a tow strap :yes:

looks good filter sounds wicked thier :clap:

still need more power!

I know :( Once the service is done I'm going to start saving. I'd quite like to get to Stage 1 - I think that'd be a nice upgrade without spending too much :ph34r:

A couple of little bits done:

One of the biggest pain-in-the-arse jobs ever. Very helpful at this time of year though, as the sun is very low - looks quite smart too.

16sc.jpg

Test fit of the eyebrows - can't make my mind up yet.

w7y1.jpg

Overall look

mwiu.jpg

And I've bought myself something different - got a 5 litre bottle for the service and a 1 litre bottle for in the car. I've always used Castrol Edge, but I'm keen to see how this performs. Smells amazing! Not that I'm sniffing it or anything :bandit:

idiv.jpg

Don't know anyone else who uses it, so it's guinea pig time!

A completely unplanned update: I've been having a clearout today and I found this!

h5wo.jpg

s739.jpg

Completely forgot I had it - took it off the car and threw it to the back of the garage. Not the best WRC spoiler available, but I thought it might look a bit better on the Punisher car...

ff0a.jpg

Looked alright, so decided to paint it.

k7qy.jpg

d4m7.jpg

j75q.jpg

It's now sitting in the garage drying off after 2 full coats of paint.

a2mc.jpg

It might look a load of crap (it did when the car was silver) but if it does it's cost me exactly £0. I've still got over 2L of paint left so I need more bits to paint :D

• Like 1

Dried and fitted - I've gone over a few bits whilst it's on the car, hence you can see some smearing (wet / dry contrast). Not a perfect fit and I'll have to re-drill some holes, but leaving it on to "weather" and lose its shine.

cetd.jpg

79op.jpg

ylwh.jpg

Overall I'm pleased. I think it would look awesome with louvres on the rear window - I just need to find a supplier / fitter B)

• Like 1