Citigo LPG Part 3 - Raising the boot floor

Koolibah

Citigo LPG Part3 - Levelling the boot floor

For the conversion of the Citigo to LPG I had always planned to use a larger gas tank to match or slightly exceed the capacity of the petrol tank of 35 litres. 
I used a 600mm x 220mm tolroid tank of 47 litres gross which gave me 37.5 litres useable LPG. The 220mm height meant that the tank slightly protruded above the floorlevel of the boot. I had planned to build my own false floor but information elsewhere on this site led me in the direction of fitting an accessory, made for the VW Up!, to level the floor with the folded rear seats .

From my local VW dealer I ordered the following;

1 x 1S0858831F82V Mounting £6.95
1 X 1S0858832F82V Mounting £6.95
1 X 1S0858855E1BS Platform £58.31
6 X N91026802 Zyl. Schrau £3.00

Add VAT and the whole lot came to £90.26. Note you will need to get hold of a star drive T140 bit to screw the mounting bolts into place.

The installation was simple as all the mounting points already exist in the Skoda and the molded mounts fall easily into place, a 10 minute job. The whole arrangement is very clever and the platform folds down or can be removed quickly. The VW carpet was an exact match for my Skoda.

So here are a series of photos showing the installation;

gdth.jpg

The left hand mounting fitted neatly into place, the attachment points matching exactly.

7d9t.jpg

The right hand mounting in place. You are looking at this from inside the car facing the rear.

d8ef.jpg

Looking from inside the car to the rear. In this image the new platform is in to folded position.

4czd.jpg

Looking at the original boot floor with the new platform raised up.

9dqg.jpg

New platform in place.

qhtf.jpg

The finished result a "a level playing field" Note the carpet colour match.

In the next posting I will examine how to download UK LPG filling stations into your Skoda Navigator for free,

Is this raise boot thingy not in the excessories catalog for the Citigo???

Yes, since January, I believe. I got one installed before delivery in November with UP! parts - though they are probably the same...

• 4 weeks later...

Citigo LPG Part3 - Levelling the boot floor

For the conversion of the Citigo to LPG I had always planned to use a larger gas tank to match or slightly exceed the capacity of the petrol tank of 35 litres. 
I used a 600mm x 220mm tolroid tank of 47 litres gross which gave me 37.5 litres useable LPG. The 220mm height meant that the tank slightly protruded above the floorlevel of the boot. I had planned to build my own false floor but information elsewhere on this site led me in the direction of fitting an accessory, made for the VW Up!, to level the floor with the folded rear seats .

From my local VW dealer I ordered the following;

1 x 1S0858831F82V Mounting £6.95
1 X 1S0858832F82V Mounting £6.95
1 X 1S0858855E1BS Platform £58.31
6 X N91026802 Zyl. Schrau £3.00

Add VAT and the whole lot came to £90.26. Note you will need to get hold of a star drive T140 bit to screw the mounting bolts into place.

The installation was simple as all the mounting points already exist in the Skoda and the molded mounts fall easily into place, a 10 minute job. The whole arrangement is very clever and the platform folds down or can be removed quickly. The VW carpet was an exact match for my Skoda.

So here are a series of photos showing the installation;

gdth.jpg

The left hand mounting fitted neatly into place, the attachment points matching exactly.

7d9t.jpg

The right hand mounting in place. You are looking at this from inside the car facing the rear.

d8ef.jpg

Looking from inside the car to the rear. In this image the new platform is in to folded position.

4czd.jpg

Looking at the original boot floor with the new platform raised up.

9dqg.jpg

New platform in place.

qhtf.jpg

The finished result a "a level playing field" Note the carpet colour match.

In the next posting I will examine how to download UK LPG filling stations into your Skoda Navigator for free,

These same part numbers are available to order from your Skoda dealer.

I printed off this list and handed it to my local skoda spares guy,and it came up O.K.

He'd not heard about it.

The Salesman I'd been chatting to was very pleased. He'd just had a new owner ask about the same raised boot floor,and he would be able to give him the good news. :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Update (Perhaps this could be altered on "Links, Common Concerns, Useful Part numbers, FAQ and Info for New Owners"

Latest prices on parts from a VW dealership (30/09/2014):-

1 x 1S0858831F82V Mounting £8.63
1 X 1S0858832F82V Mounting £8.63
1 X 1S0858855E1BS Platform £72.44
6 X N91026802 Zyl. Schrau £4.08

Add VAT and the whole lot came to £112.54

• 4 weeks later...

Add VAT and the whole lot came to £112.54

I am also about to go down this road and I've been given the same quote - quite an increase on the £90.26 mentioned at the top of this thread.  It seems that VAG may have recognised the growing market for this upgrade and turned it into a nice little earner - what else could explain the 25% price hike in a little over 12 months?

Edited by winlaw

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I've got my new Citigo arriving next week and want to have a go at this Mod.  I've just asked the Skoda garage for a quote on the parts.  I am a bit wary of paying them to do it, though, as it looks like an easy job if you have the right screwdriver.  

Koolibah mentioned a star drive T140 bit 

I can't seem to find anything about this.  A friend of mine thinks that must be a Torx screwdriver bit.  His are labelled T10 to T55.

If anyone who's done this mod could let me know exactly what the tool was (maybe a link to where I can order one in the UK) that would be great.

Thanks!

JP

Yeah i'd say a torx, a lot of people call them star drives, and the T bit of T140 also points to that, but 140 is huge, maybe a typo? and its T40?, don't think they do a T14 after maybe T10 they go up in 5's I think.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I've got my new Citigo arriving next week and want to have a go at this Mod.  I've just asked the Skoda garage for a quote on the parts.  I am a bit wary of paying them to do it, though, as it looks like an easy job if you have the right screwdriver.  

Koolibah mentioned a star drive T140 bit 

I can't seem to find anything about this.  A friend of mine thinks that must be a Torx screwdriver bit.  His are labelled T10 to T55.

If anyone who's done this mod could let me know exactly what the tool was (maybe a link to where I can order one in the UK) that would be great.

Thanks!

JP

I removed my son's variable boot floor 2 days ago ( still for sale.) with the little star bit I bought at my local motor shop.

It fits in the end of a 10 mm socket ,has 12 points on it's "star" and is about 7 mm across,marked CR-V8.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Inspired by the write up and helpful images, I ordered the bits and fitted them to MrsViv's Citigo in about 10 minutes. Just needed a 13mm socket and it was done. Very impressed. Thank you.

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know if the part numbers mentioned at the beginning of this thread are still relevant?

I'd like to get one sorted for my wife's new Citigo coming soon.

Also do Seat do a variable boot floor for the Mii?

• 9 months later...

I tried ordering a variable boot floor from my local Skoda garage two days ago, and those part numbers didn't match anything on their system. I'm still waiting for them to call me back with the correct part numbers and pricing so I can order it ... The lad I spoke to said he was pretty sure it came as an 'accessory pack' (boot floor, fixings etc.) rather than in individual parts, but he just 'couldn't find it on the system'. Has anyone had any joy ordering it directly from Skoda? Price?

Might try the VW garage instead.

Good idea, because if you check the part numbers they do come up. VW Group,

obviously beyond the wit of a Skoda Dealership Employee at a parts desk.  Skoda 'Simply Clever',  Some employees simply simple.

• Like 1

^^^^

I'm with Offski on this. My 'local' Skoda dealer is also a Seat and VW dealer and it was on the 'other' parts systems that the variable boot floor parts were found and ordered from!!!

Easypeasy to fit and my wife and I use the 'facility' offered by the variable boot floor all of the time. Well worth the effort of fitting.

Alan