My V6 Twindoor!

Leon-y-k

It does look very nice inside. Now don't let anyone in and make it dirty unless you make every body get into disposible paper suit! :rofl:

Yeah - I think I might need to get some black matts at least!!! 

At least the Interiors Yellow    :giggle:

Oi cheeky! Ivory to you :P 

I can't see the 1.8/2.0tsi being slow at all they seem to have great performance. the LED sidelights, I don't actually know! But they look great, I think the previous owner put them in.

Thanks. The 1.8 is a peach and very different to the last 9yrs of diesel driving. 3rd gear rolling is a giggle.

That interior is same combo as mine. Very nice. I've replaced the dome lights with LEDS and need to order some for the boot and under seat.

I opened up the Maxidot menu, I've never seen so many options to flick through.

I love the interior illumination I've always had to mod my old cars, but this has it all!  :love:

Looks great! Congratulations on your new car and hope you enjoy it.

I was torn between one of these and the 2.0TSI when I went from an Octavia vRS to a Superb. Looking forward to reading more about how you get on with it.

• Like 1

Looks great! Congratulations on your new car and hope you enjoy it. I was torn between one of these and the 2.0TSI when I went from an Octavia vRS to a Superb. Looking forward to reading more about how you get on with it.

I'll be sure to post up some more after a week of ownership! Now it's time to read my manual.... slightly satisfying  :yes: 

Now then people, let's forget all this talk about engines, performance, fuel consumption and what the interior looks like and move onto the really important question on everyone's lips:

Does Leon's new Twindoor have the umbrella in the near side rear door?

Now then people, let's forget all this talk about engines, performance, fuel consumption and what the interior looks like and move onto the really important question on everyone's lips:

Very Important Question indeed.......

Mine didn't, surprising perhaps in an ex-Skoda car but the friendly dealer obtained one for me, posted to home FOC.

Also fitted a FOC spare wheel kit before delivery, top marks really. Pity they are located in Forest Gate, I hate driving into suburban London nowadays!

DC

PS, was the mini boot spoiler always a standard fit on the Elegance Twindoor?

Very Important Question indeed.......

Mine didn't, surprising perhaps in an ex-Skoda car but the friendly dealer obtained one for me, posted to home FOC.

Also fitted a FOC spare wheel kit before delivery, top marks really. Pity they are located in Forest Gate, I hate driving into suburban London nowadays!

DC

PS, was the mini boot spoiler always a standard fit on the Elegance Twindoor?

I think its standard on the 2.0tsi, and the 3.6v6! :) I was very surprised when we got a full tank of fuel too! 

Sadly there wasn't one, however the dealers ordered one for me today, along with my missing central headrest which is currently on backorder

Very nice Leon

Thanks buddy, a bit different going from a Fabia to a Octavia to Superb. :)

and my sunglasses I stupidly left in the holder in my old vRS. There being delivered to me as soon as they get them in. :)

Few things that I've been thinking about for my list of likes and dislikes/ could be better

Power, such a nice engine it growls when you need it! So subtle when it's just cruising.

Stability, I know my RS was fast paced, but it still wiggled every now and then, I went round the same bend and it's like you're locked into its path, it's a tank, but it does it without feeling like driving a boat when you press on. The only worry is that the passengers in the rear might get a delayed g force as the front turns and then the rear follows!

Solidity of the car.

Twindoor - it's been really useful for getting stuff out of the boot in tight spaces

Columbus 

Auto lights (I like it when the lights come on at speed too) The afs works really well, I've never seen so much light from a car!

Interior lights, mood illumination, cat vision, door pull lights al very nice and cozy - I can't wait for winter to feel all cocooned in my Superb!

Ivory interior so much space and light, it's a little grown up compared to my rs. but I love it! 

Gas strut on the bonnet, hoorah! 

The colour, yesterday morning it looked black in the car park, but going into the light it flips its colour. It's not a flat brown so thats a bonus.

Chrome bits, I love the chrome highlights, it works really well with the dark colour combo.

Folding mirrors!! Their amazing for the narrow lanes and passing other vehicles.

Dislikes, and improvements..

No throttle foot rest like the Octavia. I don't think theres enough space there either, it's nice on long runs to rest your right foot. 

Auto wipers, maybe I'm not used to them, but they go crazy sometimes! 

Door seals creak and will need a silicone (seems like all Skoda's and other makes have this problem annoyingly)

Slight rattle from the catvision unit, it's done 40k but it's still letting the rest of the build down.

Someone else said theres no bottle holders, I'd agree on that they should be there. 

Need to practice reversing it! Feels like I've gone from a Fabia to an Octavia all over again!

I managed to reset the DSG box to drive how I want to, but I can't remember how I did it in the RS? Do you put the key in, turn it half way and press and hold for a few seconds?

So ownership since Saturday has been great, I've got used to driving around cornwall so far. I've taken it down gravel tracks, open roads, bendy bits. I've never had a chance to spend so much time with this car, as you normally see Octavia's and Fabia's everywhere. There's certainly parts of the exterior and interior to appreciate. :)

Things to improve will be

To silicone the seals

Get some chrome cleaner for the pipes

Figure out where that rattle is coming from!

One more question was how do you look after the 4x4 transmission, is there anything in particular to do every now and then to keep things in good working order? And do you need to change all 4 tyres at the same time like 4x4 suv's? :)

Glad you're enjoying it Leon - the interior is a nice place to be.

I think the interior light unit (with the cat vision lights) can be dropped out, perhaps just needs taking out and refitting to cure the rattle? 48k in on mine and I have no rattles or squeaks to talk about.

Agree on some of your dislikes - the lack of proper storage is a PITA.

Sorry can't help on the 4x4 but wouldn't think there is anything that special required, just inline with the normal servicing.

Coops, yeah the only thing thats letting it down is that rattle. I could be the rain sensor or something? I'll investigate that soon! 

One more thing, I forgot how annoying dark colours are to keep swirls out of!!! Yellow was so forgiving. Thats what I thought about servicing the car as normal. 

I've got around 30-36 mpg on a 75 mile run, I beat the fuel guage and only used 10 miles according to the trip computer the other day haha! It's like a personal game with the Maxi dot. Only slightly more on fuel than my RS from what I can see so nothing to worry about there :) 

Bit of a poor quality shot for the engine bay. Damn phone lense keeps sticking out of focus. The battery is in the boot, I guess theres not much space for one in the front! Do all Superbs have the battery in the boot? 

WP_20130815_004.jpg

I also cleaned the leather up today, and the cloth was black when I was finished wiping it all down, even though it looked clean! I guess dealers don't have such OCD as some of us do... yes the slam bar on engine bay is also looking a little dirty now. 

:blush:

• Like 1

Glad you are enjoying after your 1st week, I still love mine 2 year after collecting.

Re the tyres, no you don't need to change all 4 at same time, unlike the old XC Volvos, however I rotate the wheels, front to rear, every 6k miles to even out wear and to avoid the "most tread front or rear' debate. In addition  I like all my tyres to be the same brand and type, so  if I fancy a change all done in one hit.

With regard to the 4 wheel drive I think you just need to change the Haldex oil and filter every few years or around 40k miles, costs £100 or less I believe.

Welcome to the select V6 club  :love:  +  :devil:

Coops, yeah the only thing thats letting it down is that rattle. I could be the rain sensor or something? 

Glad you like your motor! Could that rattle be coming from underneath the driver's seat? I had a rattle in mine when I got it and it drove me round the bend! Found out eventually that it was the fuel pipes knocking together just under the driver's seat area. The R36 had the same problem and VW/Skoda have produced a fix for it.....a better bracket and a big bit of foam!! :happy:

Glad you like your motor! Could that rattle be coming from underneath the driver's seat? I had a rattle in mine when I got it and it drove me round the bend! Found out eventually that it was the fuel pipes knocking together just under the driver's seat area. The R36 had the same problem and VW/Skoda have produced a fix for it.....a better bracket and a big bit of foam!! :happy:

I'll have to spend a bit of time driving it to prod and see if it stops! There was another thing that the car does which is quite strange it pings, and clicks after any kind of journey - you know when old cars used to make the sounds when you've been for a long drive and the heat sheilds get smaller as they cool down. This car does it all the time. Is that just a v6 character? 

Sometimes it clicks when you switch it between reverse and drive too, again not sure if this is normal or not? 

Took a few more pics today from cleaning it up again... bought some detailing spray and gave it a dry wash and an Autoglym polish. Quite happy with the results! 

WP_20130815_005.jpg

WP_20130815_008.jpg

WP_20130815_013.jpg

The battery is in the boot, I guess theres not much space for one in the front! Do all Superbs have the battery in the boot?

Suspect it's just a V6 thing - whereabouts in the boot is in, side storage area?

There was another thing that the car does which is quite strange it pings, and clicks after any kind of journey - you know when old cars used to make the sounds when you've been for a long drive and the heat sheilds get smaller as they cool down. This car does it all the time. Is that just a v6 character?

Every now and again, mine does a relay type clicking behind the dash somewhere, doesn't bother me and perhaps does it once a month or so.

WP_20130815_005.jpg

^^ Doesn't even fit in the parking space :rofl: 

There was another thing that the car does which is quite strange it pings, and clicks after any kind of journey  This car does it all the time. Is that just a v6 character? .........................

Sometimes it clicks when you switch it between reverse and drive too, again not sure if this is normal or not? 

Careful or you're start getting paranoid! Listening for noises can turn you insane! :rofl:  Mine only rattled on idle. As soon as I touched the throttle it went. The clicking and stuff after you switch off, I would say, is just the metal cooling down.

Shame you didn't get a wagon..IMG_5441_edit.jpg

• Like 2

Meant to add, the battery is in that storage compartment on the nearside.

Yeah, I thought it was a good place to keep the battery from getting cold! You've got the best wheels too! The Combi does look great, but the Twindoor was a great deal.