What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

10 minutes ago, RobClubley said:

It is. Abarth 124 Spider.

I like it. 

But i do think the mx5 is the better looking motor. 

Bet its a hoot to drive. I hope you've found yourself using opposite lock :D 

I can't look at it I'm afraid. They've ruined the MX-5 in my book.

You'd expect it to be the other way around, with the Italians let loose on the styling. But at least it's got Japanese electrics still!

• Like 1

I dunno @Wardy, the new mx5 looks like its squinting due to cataracts..

The abarth.. it looks like they over styled the front, or had a piece of trim they needed to shoe horn in there no matter what it then did to the rest of the car. 

11 hours ago, gadgetman said:

How do you even attach a tow bar to a Ferrari?  Can't imaging it's in the optional extras catalogue

Me neither, but as long as you can find sufficient attachment points to spread out the drawbar load and nose weight properly towbars are not that hard to make. Back in the day Witter used to charge about twice the price of a kit to design, make and fit a one-off towbar, so the design cost was about 1/4 of the total price.

20 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Passed a van that had a dog sticking it's head stuck out of the passenger window. It was the epitome of happiness. 

dog-wearing-goggles-darren-boucher.jpg

Thursday - getting the insignia back after a week in a transit connect van.. according to a vin search its a 1.5diesel, 88kw - 118bhp. Fords horses must be smaller than others...

Joy was short lived though. Just collected the insignia from my indy mechanic.. ive to order a new radiator as mine is leaking :(

Radiator and Osram NB unlimited bulbs ordered.

ECP having another weekend sale.

Saved £97 on my brake renewal 2weeks ago, another £67 on my order today, for a hella radiator :)

Edited by mac11irl
Follow info

• 3 weeks later...

Having the insignia on the road for a full week and not having to top up the coolant anymore :D

Have to ship the one i ordered back to ecp though, the f'kin thing was leaking worse than the pre-existing one when it was fitted. Fairplay to my indy though he got me an oem at cost price the following day and got it fitted :)

• 1 month later...

Holy Threat Resurrection Batman!

But had to add today's.

Woman in red corsa who braked heavily for every camera going up the A90 today.

Wot? You say?

Well

1) they were average speed cameras

2) they're not switched on, in fact most of them are just poles with no camera at the moment.

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...

So, heading to my mothers for Christmas Dinner, in the 'go, swmbo driving. Just leaving the town, off the roundabout, and heading up the hill, lad in an S2000 comes off the roundabout, and decides to bus it passed us up the continuous white line. Then he overtakes another car through the ghost islands of next junction.

Tosspot.

Then, an i40 come up the same way, and overtakes us. Swmbo comments on the second asshole. But something niggled me about it, i said "i dunno, pretty sure thats an unmarked squad", there was a debate, as the i40 whipped passed car number 2...

Roll on about 2miles and the S2000 is pulled in, with the i40 behind it, blue and red lights flashing all over it, and deep conversation ongoing at the drivers window, while the man in the uniform was writing (probably several) notes on slips of paper :D

Oh dear, merry christmas to some poor sod!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having a tailgater up my a**** for a good distance on the A606 going towards Melton Mowbray. What made me smile but angry at the same time, I had to pull up pretty sharply as the car in front suddenly decided he wanted to pull off into a farm entrance, no signals and from a speed of about 40-50mph. I was in control as I was far enough back but the priceless  look on the tailgaters face behind me (a young female) as she had to control the car whilst braking and keeping it on the road, she was actually further back behind me at this point than she had been earlier.  She ended up sitting just a few feet from hitting the car that had turned off into the farm entrance in front of me but had took a less convenient route, across the grass verge. I'm convinced if she had had to mount a kerb to do this the car could had flipped, luckily no kerb. 

I momentarily held back having gone on a few yards down the road and the car had rejoined the road and on it's way again, guessing no damage.  So what does she do next, continues to tailgate me, FFS don't they ever learn?

Edited by MickA
  • Sad 1

Watched an idiot ina passat take waaaay too long, waaay too slow, and waaay toolate starting an overtake this morning. By luck there was a gap in traffic comi g the other way so he got away with it. I made asafe overtake of same vehicle and was back behind passat. He repeated the same dawdling o/t on next lorry, i again made a quick and safe overtake, back behind again. Following a sloow kia.

Then we played route selection roulette through a town with traffic lights, roundabouts, and roadworks that has closed a section of a street closed and all traffic sent by ahalf arsed 1way detour, with options on where you can cut back across to the main road.

He made his first selection, got it wrong as i passed him crossing through the traffic lights - he was right the red light, and they amber for my route just after i got through: D

He was behind me, and picked an early cut back - the most common one, i went abit farther - calculated risk of less tailback at tge junction on the other end. I got out onto main route again, just he pulled out from his selected point, behind thekia again, who had gone a completely different route, by the other side of the town :D

Its really childish and petty, but watching him in my rearview looking for a non existent gap to get passed the kia and then pass by when i took my turning after all that effort, and knowing his chances of getting by with traffic flow over the next 15miles of that road were slim... it made smile going into work :)

@mac11irl reminded me of one time, literally decades ago.

Dad and I had been to Knockhill for the motor racing and were heading home via Dollar and Stirling. Between Menstrie and the turnoff for the Wallace Monument we were passed by a Golf GTi doing "well over the speed limit" (look I was doing 60{cough}mph and he still wished to overtake). I took the WM road (B998) which is rather shorter than his route along the A91. The 2 roads meet at Causewayhead roundabout. He then came up behind me again and was there at the A89/A9 roundabout where I went straight ahead to go round the RH side of Stirling Castle to the A811 and he went left. About 3 miles out along the A811 he overtook me again, still "making progress and the rest", then I saw him stopped in a lay-by about 5 miles later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1