VCDS codes for new Yeti

DaveLees

So that is all and is giving the fault code? Great! But it figures that they didn't do even the trailer hitch installation right before they handed the car over...  Trailer hitch isn't from the factory, they installed it in Finland.

I guess then the false coding isn't to blame for those few faults that have occurred. Once dad couldn't lock the doors. Not with kessy door handle or remote control. After he drove the car locks worked again. Today morning he had sat into the car and the windows opened by themselves... :blink: And the automatic door locking ticks from the MFD Settings came back on themselves. I took them off when dad got the car, and today dad told me that the car is locking the doors while driving again... Strange.

Here is the first and second scan in the same file. I deleted codes in between.

Log-VZG-206-TMBLA75LXH6046711-750km-466mi.txt

Maybe this is getting a little bit offtopic, but the car is going to service next tuesday. Car has failed to lock the doors couple of times now. Door locking switch between front seats opens and closes the windows also and feels like it tangles up a little bit sometimes. Dad tested it few times and once windows came down with only a short press of the lock open button. Lets hope that there are some new fault codes and they can sort it out. If the switch or it's controller is faulty somehow it would explain why the doors won't lock and the windows come down sometimes. MAYBE it could somehow cause the automatic door locking ticks going back on by themselves in the MFD settings.

I won't see the car before it goes to service. I asked them to check the trailer hitch coding and code the tail lights on with DRL. Also if they could code CH/LH lights to work with foglamps not bixenon while they are at it. Guy at the desk told me that no one has asked that before and they will see if that can be done... :unsure:

The car has to get sorted out before I try to do any coding. I truly hope that the car comes in shape fast and there are no new surprises in the near future.  I got dad back from a Japanese car and there are already little problems after few weeks in a new car...  The flashlight that you can take with you from the trunk doesn't work either, they will take a look at it too.  :smile:

Car was in service today. They ordered new door locking switch between the seats and new trunk light/flashlight. Trailer hitch is now coded correctly and tail lights are now coded on with DRL. 

Before the service I figured out that locking problems were user errors by a pensioner getting used to dsg, stop-start and kessy. :smile: 

Let's hope that all window and locking problems are sorted out with new lock switch and some user guidance. Allthough there MAY have been something in the dashboard driverside fusebox. When technician was checking the trunk light power supply, he had noticed some bad contact and did something. He had said, that the fusebox has been opened when they installed the trailer hitch in the service.

He had said that CH/LH lights can't be coded to foglights from xenon. Is this true or didn't they just have instructions or bother to find them for original tester? This works on pre-FL Yeti :

Change Coming/Leaving Home To Fogs:Cent Elect - 09

Coding - 07

Long Coding Helper - Byte 17 Bit 3 = Coming / Leaving Home with fog lights

Is FL different that this doesn't work? Next time when I see the car I will take autoscan to see that everything is ok and maybe try to code the lights if possible.

• 4 months later...
On 11/14/2017 at 17:09, Mkin said:

He had said that CH/LH lights can't be coded to foglights from xenon. Is this true or didn't they just have instructions or bother to find them for original tester? This works on pre-FL Yeti :

Change Coming/Leaving Home To Fogs:Cent Elect - 09

Coding - 07

Long Coding Helper - Byte 17 Bit 3 = Coming / Leaving Home with fog lights

Is FL different that this doesn't work? Next time when I see the car I will take autoscan to see that everything is ok and maybe try to code the lights if possible.

That was the first thing i changed on my FL Yeti Monte Carlo 2016. It works flawless. 

But i found this thread when searching for how to activate Taillights with DRL, but it looks like you have to use the original software to do it?? Is that true?

39 minutes ago, Eldholm said:

I found this thread when searching for how to activate Taillights with DRL, but it looks like you have to use the original software to do it?? Is that true?

For a FL yeti, vcp or Odis can do it. Vcds can't :-)