How To : Replace Front wing MK 1 Octavia VRS

Bowders1

I decided to have a go myself after some ahole had dented my front wing when i was shopping one day, parked car in multi story and came back later to find the dent.

I fitted a replacement myself which is easy actually as they are bolt on.

I also manged to get same colour wing so did not need spraying either

to remove and fit a wing is straight forward

First I taped around metalwork to stop any scratches when removing wing and to help line up the new wing to the tape line.

VRSwingreplace10.jpg

Remove the Wheel arch liner.

need to undo the 2 side bolt's of front bumper to lower it some to get to the single wing screw behind it.

VRSwingreplace5.jpg

Remove the Black Plastic liner that is against the back of wing and can be seen when the door is open. This covers the bolt's attaching wing to door panel.

undo 2 bolts from inside the front door to wing and think there is a nut the other side as well.

VRSwingreplace6.jpg

undo the bolts on top of wing and remove side repeater. remove mudflap and undo the bottom wing bolt near mudflap

remove headlight and indicator

should end up with somthing light this

VRSwingreplace16.jpg

VRSwingreplace15.jpg

VRSwingreplace14.jpg

hope this helps

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Out of interest what is that electric plug on the intercooler pipe? I need to replace passenger side how long on a time scale should I put aside for this, looks fairly straight forward but I just know when it looks straight forward things go wrong.

• 8 months later...

Thanks Bowders1 for this excellent thread. Replaced the nearside wing on my wife's Octy 1 over the weekend and your help was invaluable. It is a great car, 1.9tdi 130bhp Elegance 04 regarding with only 56k miles (10k with us in 2 years). Round here the stone walls are something of a peril but replacement of the wing has proved very low cost. Thanks again.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for the writeup, it's really simple and straightforward, you only really need the torx 25 and bit no 10. 

I had zero problems changing both wings/fenders on my father in laws "Jaguar", 2000. pre-facelift, 1.9 TDI remapped to 122 hp going 360kkm strong, was fearing rust and broken bolts. 

Had color mixed to base code 9570 - turned out perfect, exactly the same as original.

Here is the left hand side.

IMG_20210403_154443.jpg

IMG_20210403_154452.jpg

IMG_20210403_154519.jpg

IMG_20210403_164135.jpg

IMG_20210403_164419.jpg

Here is the right hand side.

IMG_20210403_181005.jpg

IMG_20210403_181013.jpg

IMG_20210403_181025.jpg

IMG_20210403_181207.jpg

IMG_20210403_194805.jpg