VRS BADGE

vRSgone

Does any body know how to remove the vRS badge from the rear of a Fabia? Will it cause any damage? Will I need a new paint job?

The reason I ask? I'm getting a little bit fed up of being "taken on" by boy racers in their rusty Fiestas or Golf Gti's.  It's also embarrassing to see them in your rear view mirror as you you pull away. Can you imagine when they tell their mates & they reply  "You got beat away from the lights BY A WHAT??!!"

Seriously though it nearly got me into trouble recently. After beating one head banger away several times, he caught me up at the next red set & got out of his Fiesta with its full bore exhaust &  Bass Boom boxes & came over. There's me frantically looking for the autolock button when I realised he was only about 5'3 in his designer Nike's, & I'm 6ft  & 17stone. He effed & blinded at me a few times, & then when the lights changed I left him standing in the middle of the road still cursing.

I've come to the conclusion it's the vRS badge that's attracting them, so if I can remove it -  then  maybe they wont want to take me on in the first place, or if they do it will add to their embarrassment by being beaten away by a bog standard Fabia.

Edited by derekcollier
  • Like 1

Instead of trying to remove the badge just don't try racing them at the traffic light Grand Prix.

Surely the twin pipe on the back as well as 17" alloys and front and rear splitters will antagonise the post pubescent teenagers not a little vRS badge.

Just let them burn out their clutches and spin their front wheels safe in the knowledge that you'll get to where you want to be in about a minute longer than they will without causing any harm to your motor.

If you do still want to remove it then heat it up with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and use an old credit card or dental floss to loosen it from the bodywork being careful not to damage the paint finish.

You can use T-Cut to remove any leftover adhesive and surface scratches if you need to.

I bet they still try and race you though.

You will probably find you get even more sitting right up your jacksy wanting to get passed you when you debadge,

white vans mostly.

As you blow soot out the rear and disapear up the road, they are more peeded off by being left in the wake of a diesel Skoda.

They know to try harder next time.

george

Carry on as you are and carry a piece of 2x2 in your car, then when they get out and threaten you bat them round the back of the head, and they won't threaten you again.

Seriously though, just don't race them if you don't want to. Why ruin your car by debadging just because some arse can't drive without thinking he's on a track. Personally if someone was like that to me and I knew I wasn't going slowly, if they were right up my arse then just tap the breaks a couple of times to make them slow down then hit the other pedal

• Like 1

In four years of vRS motoring (MKI & MKII) I've been left in peace - the vast majority of drivers don't recognise vRSes (a good thing!) - I had a youngster in a Honda Jazz (and I thought they we're only driven by pensioners!) try to undertake me and white van man in a Transit Connect being a fandan on the M77 - but that's about it.

• Like 1

It does happen quite a bit, it's basically the drivers who are aware of the Skoda VRS models and know about them, normal drivers who aren't into cars won't know the different between a Mk1 Fabia 1.2 petrol and a Mk1 Fabia VRS

The Mk2 VRS and Monte Carlo's look a bit more sporty so are instantly recognised as a "hot hatchbacks"

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk