Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Grizzle

These tyres are awesome and I very much recommend them BUT after just 5000 miles I'm having to change the fronts already! And I do a steady 21 mile commute to work and back every day so I can't say they wear that well...

Mine are down approx 1mm front/back. My driving style has been fairly flamboyant, but my car is fairly light. I could see how you could kill a pair of these in 5000m in a front heavy TDI with all that torque as well...

Yea very evenly worn. I made sure I got a proper 4 wheel alignment from a hunter machine when I put them on. It's probably just over 5000 miles in reality, more like 5200 but yea, I still feel they have worn out a bit too quickly for my style of driving.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm that's not good news I've had mine on for about a month now, performance is great although I haven't really driven them hard in the wet but dry grip is very impressive.

But 3000 or 5000 miles is not great but then again they are not exactly expensive.

Did the performance deteriorate noticeably once they started to wear?

In my opinion you should only use these in the winter unless you are a very very steady driver.

Once it's dry they wear very fast with hard acceleration and cornering. My fronts were down to 1mm after 4500 miles. They are absolutely fantastic in the wet though.

Will buy again for sure. But will go for a higher load rating next time - stiffer sidewalls!

In my opinion you should only use these in the winter unless you are a very very steady driver.

Once it's dry they wear very fast with hard acceleration and cornering. My fronts were down to 1mm after 4500 miles. They are absolutely fantastic in the wet though.

Will buy again for sure. But will go for a higher load rating next time - stiffer sidewalls!

That makes sense although not very practical not everyone can afford or has the luxury of a second set of wheels.

Nether the less can't complain they are still a good tyre for the price, I suppose you can't have your cake and eat it.

oh my, thats terrible wear rate!!!

I've had mine on for a few 00's of miles. Doesn't bode well reading the above.

I'll take a reading this weekend and see what they are at.

• 2 weeks later...

Just put a couple of these on the girlfriends car this weekend. Great value and a nice tread pattern.

Initial thoughts are that the wet performance is absolutely superb; especially in the heavy downpours this weekend.

I will see if dry grip and overall wear is good longer term.  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just put a couple of these on the girlfriends car this weekend. Great value and a nice tread pattern.

Initial thoughts are that the wet performance is absolutely superb; especially in the heavy downpours this weekend.

I will see if dry grip and overall wear is good longer term.  :thumbup:

So far, so good - SWMBO says the car is transformed from the Pirelli Rosso P-Zero that had been fitted!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

So far, so good - SWMBO says the car is transformed from the Pirelli Rosso P-Zero that had been fitted!  :thumbup:

Pirelli P-Zero - Propping up the "brand name" section of tyre test results tables since 2000CE. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Come up for a year and 12k fronts are 5mm rears are 7mm

Overall great tyres although on a different car, not as great in the wet as the 2's at hit standing water, the 2's never once flinched, 3's are a tad bum clenching. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had RS3 fitted to my Octavia 4X4 Turbo to replace the Firestone's that had lasted me 3 years. 

Cant comment on the grip level cos when going from beyond legal limt on the Firestones and feeling the front understeer to fitting the RS3 and on the same corner at the same speed it sticking like it on rails seems a bit obvious. Seemed good though and good value at £54 a corner (205/55/R16)

Would have them again in a heartbeat

Edited by fullbeem

• 2 months later...

Have had these on my Fabia vRS for a week! Have to say I am no longer feeling twitchy as I was on the original Dunlop's! I found that on some roundabouts adverse camber, I had struggled to get around without traction control blinking away!

Had to do an emergency stop in the wet and leafy/greasy road, stopped on a nine pence, did it with ease

More sure footed and with this wet and dry weather they seem to work well!

• Like 1