Mo's & Motors with V.A.G.E

cian

As a newbie (and lurker), I hope people don't mind me posting this!!! Tis for a good cause like

V.A.G.E invite you to take part in a spin to raises much needed funds for Movember which supports world class men’s health programmes that combat prostate and testicular cancer and mental health challenges. I'm sure everyone here has been touched in some way by cancer and V.A.G.E. wants to make a difference. You can too by reading on and getting involved.

V.A.G.E member Paul Carroll (username 8valve) is raising funds by growing a moustache for the 4th year in a row and we want to support his effort. We also want to take the opportunity to laugh at him. A lot. So the plan is simple. Meet in the car park of the McDonalds Drive-Thru, Cork Road, Waterford, spin to Kilkenny and back on some scenic roads with decent surfaces, finishing with lunch. There'll be a couple of short stops for photo opportunities. And to laugh at 8valve. Again.

€10 a car (or more if you feel like it) donated on the day is a reasonable and a cheap way to get out and about for a spin with friends while supporting a great cause. And laughing at 8valve. This bit doesn't get old I can promise you.

What does €10 get me? Not a lot to be honest but we will give you a sticker to prove to others that you took part and made a difference to this very worthy cause. Better than that, you can have that smug warm feeling that you've helped out. We are currently organising a few spot prizes to be given away on the day. More info as we have it on this. (If anyone has a spot prize they'd like to donate, drop me a PM).

Who can come? ANYONE with a VAG car.
When are we meeting at: 11am 17/11/2013
Where's it starting: Car park of the McDonalds Drive-Thru, Cork Road, Waterford
When we departing: 11.15am
What about lunch: 1pmShow me the lunch stop/finish point already: The Cotton Mill, Portlaw, Co Waterford tbc
What time we expected to finish then? 2-2.30pm

Directions/Planned Route
https://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?msid=211362807958428021268.0004e8c6fbe1142e45564&msa=0

mosandmotors_zps94ec6495.png

For those that can't make it but wish to donate, please click on 8valve's donation page below:
I'll update when Paul has it sorted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just a quick note to thank our sponsors of the event.

www.CleanCar.ie

and of course Volkswagen Ireland

They have sponsored some great prizes and we'll have a raffle on the day. Nuttin' to bate a good old fashioned raffle now is there?

If you can't make it, make sure you look after the sponsors...and please donate a few bob to Paul's fund raising efforts