Picked up today

dcl5ad

Picked our up this afternoon. Very very pleased so far. S/o really liked to look of the adventure, but she wanted heated seats, I wanted something quicker so we've basically built a 170 elegance spec adventure: candy white, black roof, silver roof rails.. I went with the Erebus alloys having become pig sick of cleaning the 10 spokes on the abarth and diamond cut alloys always look broken after a couple of years of British weather.

As expected the tow bar is turning into a bit of a debacle: first it was that we'd missed the cut off for a factory fit, then westfalia apparently have a 6 week backlog in the uk and now witter failed to deliver this morning. Apparently they're coming out to our home tomorrow to sort it. I like having low expectations. Means you can never be too disappointed.

Other than that it's all great, really comfy and indecently quick when you wind it up. Piccies to follow when it's stopped chucking it down outside.

Edited by dcl5ad
  • Like 3

Picked our up this afternoon. Very very pleased so far. S/o really liked to look of the adventure, but she wanted heated seats, I wanted something quicker so we've basically built a 170 elegance spec adventure: candy white, black roof, silver roof rails.. I went with the Erebus alloys having become pig sick of cleaning the 10 spokes on the abarth and diamond cut alloys always look broken after a couple of years of British weather.

As expected the tow bar is turning into a bit of a debacle: first it was that we'd missed the cut off for a factory fit, then westfalia apparently have a 6 week backlog in the uk and now witter failed to deliver this morning. Apparently they're coming out to our home tomorrow to sort it. I like having low expectations. Means you can never be too disappointed.

Other than that it's all great, really comfy and indecently quick when you wind it up. Piccies to follow when it's stopped chucking it down outside.

Which did you dealer did you use?

MSB in darlington

That's a good choice, I used them when I bought my previous Yeti.

I found them very helpful with any problems that I experienced.

Unfortunatly they are just a bit too far away, and I got a good deal with Silbury when I purchased Snowy.

They've been really good so far (I forgive them not knowing about the tow bars, as that's clearly something SUK have to address in their training) and they were very good to my dad once we'd cajoled him into buying a Superb (he was looking at a C5!  :wonder:  ). Silbury were just a bit "off" dunno what it was, but I went elsewhere, despite them being all of 5 miles from home.

Still waiting for the towbar man to call.  :wall:

HDR'd to death, but it's too damp and dark to take it out for a proper shoot:

487569_10151644968696891_986754861_n.jpg

• Like 4

Picked up our Yeti on the same day, same colour Adventure 1.2 DSG with Functional and Design packages included. Luckily the winter boots were on for pick-up as it started to snow just before we left the dealers. So won't be able to see it with it's Matterhorn's until next Spring. Looks more like a dirty Polar bear after a few hours on the road. So no nice clean photos just a shot of the wife speed off from the lights, me trailing behind.

So far driving well, faster and smoother than our old Civic. Great driving position and no more having to stoop low to squeeze myself in the front seat of the Civic. :happy:

post-108759-0-93043200-1382617530_thumb.jpg

• Like 3