Rough start with white smoke?

clgale88

Havnt had the car long and i always keep noticing more and more things. Recently noticed when 1st start up in morning and after work the engine seems struggle a littlw bit and is sounding very rough and idles rubbish for a few seconds and a big cloud of white or grey smoke comes out after a few second the car idles fine and drives faultless... on warm start its absolutly fine. What could this be??

After fitting new filters both fuel and air, switch everything off, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, Then without touching any pedals or switching anything on, re-start and leave to idle for 30 minutes. This re-sets the ECU.

DB

Well i brought it from a garage 2 months ago they recon they changed every filter but im unsure u know wat garages r like...

And nornally get my diesel from the sainsburys next to my work

Try running a tank or two of the ultimate stuff. From experience, especially here in the north of Ireland, cheap diesel from back street garages contains a lot of crap. It's rife over here for it! Similar symptoms as you've had in the past. Also as suggested give the oil and filters a change.

Try running a tank or two of the ultimate stuff. From experience, especially here in the north of Ireland, cheap diesel from back street garages contains a lot of crap. It's rife over here for it! Similar symptoms as you've had in the past. Also as suggested give the oil and filters a change.

• Like 1

Checked the glowplugs there all ok looking at the fuel filter it looks very very new and clean oil is up to level. But im still tempted to give the car a full service even though the garage did one 3k ago. Duno what else it could be hmm