The Superb II & FL Picture thread

On 13/12/2014 at 20:53, JakeBlade said:

Clean winter wheels, put on my filthy car.

ef3d7668d1ad14f9e685e32bf7d72930.jpg

c331508681fbab362828dcdff8d89a77.jpg

They look remarkably like the second/third hand winter wheel and tire set I picked up for my Superb last year from just outside Swindon... I wonder if these are in fact the very same?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spk said:

They look remarkably like the second/third hand winter wheel and tire set I picked up for my Superb last year from just outside Swindon... I wonder if these are in fact the very same?

You would've bought them from the chap that I sold them (and my big Sko') to!

Lovely tyres they were.

1 hour ago, JakeBlade said:

You would've bought them from the chap that I sold them (and my big Sko') to!

Lovely tyres they were.

I did indeed - he'd sold on the Skoda, hence selling these wheels complete with a mobile rack...

And you're right, both wheels and tires are excellent - I think the Dezent wheels are significantly better than the OEM plus they can make centre caps that don't de-laminate after one winter! Very impressed with the tires too as you say - I put at least 7,000 miles on them over the winter and spring. Can I ask what the valve option is on those?

Cheers,

Steve

22 minutes ago, spk said:

I did indeed - he'd sold on the Skoda, hence selling these wheels complete with a mobile rack...

And you're right, both wheels and tires are excellent - I think the Dezent wheels are significantly better than the OEM plus they can make centre caps that don't de-laminate after one winter! Very impressed with the tires too as you say - I put at least 7,000 miles on them over the winter and spring. Can I ask what the valve option is on those?

Cheers,

Steve

They had one previous owner before me (on a c class for one winter), then I had them for one winter (about 3000 miles), and the chap you bought them from I don't think used them at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by valve option...?

21 minutes ago, JakeBlade said:

I'm not sure what you mean by valve option...?

Sorry, wasn't very clear! I meant that the valves are a high quality metal item that I've never even been offered before when purchasing new tires. I was interested in what it is (other than asking for metal valve stems next time I get tires!)

Cheers,

Steve

33 minutes ago, spk said:

Sorry, wasn't very clear! I meant that the valves are a high quality metal item that I've never even been offered before when purchasing new tires. I was interested in what it is (other than asking for metal valve stems next time I get tires!)

Cheers,

Steve

Aha I get it now.  The whole lot (alloys and fitted tyres) came from My Tyres.

I remember the fun and games of trying to work out why the spigot rings for the Skoda wouldn't fit, even though they were the right size, and ordered them from two different alloy wheel places.

In the end realised that the mercedes spigots were still inside.  I felt like a numpty, but the lad that was fitting the wheels onto the car got a lot more stick.

Edited by JakeBlade
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

2.0 TSI, ecu remapped, CAI, KYB Ultra SR front shocks, Eibach Prokit, ISPIRI ISR10 19x8.5 et32 wheels

At some point I'd like to get fender flares and spacers or if by any miracle somebody buys my wheels, get wider ones. And ofc more performance upgrades.

18238197_1748686645147558_50410373845451

My buddy's 430 hp Focus ST. One day and 10k+ euros later, I'll probably beat him :))

21895329_1906392562710298_1364083538_o.j

21894947_1906392542710300_1470313540_o.j

21894903_1906392569376964_1868317609_o.j

Edited by Lsstefan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Full detail on the GLIII again. Ive never seen a metallic flake pop so well when the sun hits it. Literally makes it look a completely different colour! Excuse the dirt on the second pic (a few days after the clean). Also i need a new camera phone :wondering:

20171006_100341.jpg

20180523_192240.jpg

Edited by Shaunieboy

• 5 weeks later...

Well as of Thursday this shall be mine to replace my mk3 Octavia 1.6 tdi elegance. It's a 2 litre tdi 170 dsg elegance in cappuccino beige, not my first choice of colour by any means but it's the car I want with the spec I want so I don't care about the colour!Screenshot_20171110-111321.thumb.png.8ac06b62637acb515f8052985cbf5929.png

Edited by Juego
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My 2011 English car (imported into Ireland by a dealer and sold to me).  My girlfriend christened him Yoda, so I bought a suitable sticker for the boot.

I think this is the best car I have owned so far and after 11,000 miles in 6 months I am deeply impressed by how capable it is.

20170804_183605.jpg

20170817_165611.jpg

• Like 3

Howdy All, 

New Owner from Ireland , Glenn is me own name and im currently a full time student studying Forestry and part time Security Guard/Supervisor , got myself a 2013 Superb Combi, Elegance 170bhp 4x4 in November and it is one seriously impressive machine , got it with 135 900 km on it and its going for its 144 000km service next week lol . Im heading to Wales for the Rally GB round of the World Rally Championship and im planning on taking the Superb over on the ferry along with me mountain bike and tent and seeing as much of Wales as I can , Im currently considering getting 16 inch wheels and putting on Nokian Winter tires for this trip as the 1st the current wheel and tyre set up  give it no clearance and ive 0 faith in the sidewall as im used to having big 4x4s with big sidewalls, considering plasti dipping the front and rear bumpers aswell just for protection more than anything else because along with Wales im hoping to visit the Normandy Beaches also in the near future so any advice is welcome on those subjects, anyway , this is Suzie on a 500km round trip Friday to take in some Mountains. 

20180209_132358_zpsdwokvzjv.jpg

An hanging out at the Port watching the Containers  being loaded . 

IMG_20171208_202600_926.jpg

Edited by G2enn
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, jafo said:

@G2enn Nice :)

Hopefully not fixed ? Beef it up asap :)

Not fixed ? Yeah thats the plan , well in the summer keep the 17s but winter time gonna be a wanna be scout with black bumpers etc :biggrin: was considering remapping it but it has a Skoda warranty until November so ill wait. 

15 hours ago, Superb170 said:

Hi Glenn, sounds like you’ve got plenty planned for the Superb, good choice and looks great!  You should easily get twice that mileage if she’s looked after.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the service prices at my local main dealer so I'll be using them going forward .  It's gone in today to have the auto boot lifting arms replaced under warranty an then a service next week, I am very glad I paid the extra money for a main dealer car as the warranty has already saved me nearly a 1000 euro already.  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:23, G2enn said:

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the service prices at my local main dealer so I'll be using them going forward .  It's gone in today to have the auto boot lifting arms replaced under warranty an then a service next week, I am very glad I paid the extra money for a main dealer car as the warranty has already saved me nearly a 1000 euro already.  

Always worth the extra peace of mind!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. Here is my Superb combi 2013 TDI.

Sorry for the bad image quality, I use iphone to take the photo. 

Just wondering will 8.5J et32 rims fit to my car?

Considering to buy Audi S5 factory rim to change my current Vossen CVT rims.

Please give my some advise.

Photo 02-01-2018, 00 04 35.jpg

Photo 21-01-2018, 22 17 31.jpg

Photo 21-12-2017, 19 42 24.jpg

Photo 29-01-2018, 23 40 47.jpg

On 2018-02-20 at 08:11, tommyhsu said:

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. Here is my Superb combi 2013 TDI.

Sorry for the bad image quality, I use iphone to take the photo. 

Just wondering will 8.5J et32 rims fit to my car?

Considering to buy Audi S5 factory rim to change my current Vossen CVT rims.

Please give my some advise.

Photo 21-12-2017, 19 42 24.jpg

On 2018-02-20 at 08:11, tommyhsu said:

What specifications do you have on your wheels? ET/Size of tire and wheels? Any problems with rubbing?

18 minutes ago, scootie said:

What specifications do you have on your wheels? ET/Size of tire and wheels? Any problems with rubbing?

It's been changed for a long time. I can't remember the exact number of the ETs. It's about front/rear 8.5/9.5 35/32. I use 235/35/ZR19 tyres (all 4 wheels are the same). No rubbing problem. I can easily drive to the underground parking lot.