DSG issues or even real problems?

AndersNordh

It is an ongoing issue.

I have a friend just stuck with a £1,750 bill for a new MCU on a 2012 DQ200 DSG that is in a car Skoda replaced the engine in because the Twincharger was an Oil User.

There is a pattern of failure in some of these DQ200 that did not need Service Campaign '34F7' and the Mineral Oil and a software update.

Skoda washing their hands of it.

Then a bit of 'only whisper about service campaign '34H5' on DQ200 2013-2015.

But onwards and upwards, DQ200 in cars from 2015 are having issues, even if currently still few in numbers.

ŠKODA produces 1.5 millionth DQ 200 dual-clutch transmission at Vrchlabí plant - ŠKODA Storyboard.mhtml

ŠKODA AUTO produces two-millionth DQ 200 dual-clutch transmission at Vrchlabí plant - ŠKODA Storyboard.mhtml

On 26/08/2017 at 17:20, Kustom48 said:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I collected my repaired Octavia yesterday from the Skoda dealer, ALS Autos, Ely, Cambs and paid the £4652.94 for their work.(  Parts- £3301.46, labour £576.00, VAT £775.48 )      

Apparently  it comes with a 2 year parts & labour warranty, having been carried out by a Skoda dealer....well I do hope that it will last 2 years and more...... as I will have to keep this car for longer than planned because of the very high cost of the repair involved.

I have contacted Skoda & the Motor Ombudsman via the Resolver website, about my complaint and hope to receive some reply regarding this in due course as Skoda have never written to me as I had asked them to, just phoned me after I contacted them by email and by telephone because all I got was an automated reply to say that they ( Skoda ) take customer service seriously......well not from my experience of them they don't !

Hi, 

Did you manage to get your car back running satisfactorily, and did you get satisfaction via your complaint to the ombudsman?

13 hours ago, Sittingbull said:

Hi, 

Did you manage to get your car back running satisfactorily, and did you get satisfaction via your complaint to the ombudsman?

Hi Sittingbull,

Well I got the car back and running as it should but had a long think about what to do, keep the car & run it until it dies or possibly trade it in for something else as I was concerned about the on-going reliability of the DSG especially as Skoda UK / VAG did not want to help out in any way at all.

I took my complaint to the Ombudsman and as far as I'm concerned they are useless, no power to really do anything to help and basically they have let my complaint 'die' naturally as for me they are not pro-active at all.

In the end after a long debate and researching lots of options I decided to sell my Skoda as I rely on it for the work I do and can't have it breakdown on me again like it did.

So I toured my local dealers and got a good price on a trade-in against an newer and more expensive car so I had to raid my piggybank to do the deal. I feel it was the best option for me as I have a car still under original manufacturers' warranty plus it has extended warranty and a full service package for 2 more years, a no-brainer really.

My experience has put me off Skoda / VAG products for the foreseeable future having defected to a UK based Japanese car maker from Swindon !

I also tried Resolver with my complaint but again they seem to have 'no teeth' and aren't very pro-active. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/03/2018 at 09:59, Kustom48 said:

Hi Sittingbull,

Well I got the car back and running as it should but had a long think about what to do, keep the car & run it until it dies or possibly trade it in for something else as I was concerned about the on-going reliability of the DSG especially as Skoda UK / VAG did not want to help out in any way at all.

I took my complaint to the Ombudsman and as far as I'm concerned they are useless, no power to really do anything to help and basically they have let my complaint 'die' naturally as for me they are not pro-active at all.

In the end after a long debate and researching lots of options I decided to sell my Skoda as I rely on it for the work I do and can't have it breakdown on me again like it did.

So I toured my local dealers and got a good price on a trade-in against an newer and more expensive car so I had to raid my piggybank to do the deal. I feel it was the best option for me as I have a car still under original manufacturers' warranty plus it has extended warranty and a full service package for 2 more years, a no-brainer really.

My experience has put me off Skoda / VAG products for the foreseeable future having defected to a UK based Japanese car maker from Swindon !

I also tried Resolver with my complaint but again they seem to have 'no teeth' and aren't very pro-active. 

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Your response mirrors exactly how my wife feels at this moment. My wife is the owner of the wee car despite me referring to it as mine. My wife needs the car for work, she's a home carer for the local authority and she relies on the car to get her to the elderly and vulnerable. We are also now weighing up the future, albeit we still do not have our wee car back. My wife fears that the dealer has done something wrong to her car and is scared to tell her, she has lost the confidence needed in the car and brand to move forward really.

Skoda Customer Services are worse than a man short in terms of looking after the customer, but very good if you happen to be the CEO of Skoda. Customer relations are about stifling and shutting down complaints it seems. My wife has so far left me to get in about the phone calls etc but last night got onto her high horse and started firing off emails to Skoda and the dealer. As far as I'm concerned, they've had it coming.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. I have superb 3 2.0 tdi 150ps DSG 6 speed wet clutch. 105000km.  GB Oil changed at 60,000

The problems are as follows:

1. when driving 53 kmh the gearbox shifts 5-4, 4-5. so it switches at 5. to 53 and switches down at 53. in 4.
I also sometimes at 3rd to 4th I think it is around 43 -44.  Same thing at 44 shifts to higher and to 44 to lower.

It happens mostly  uphill / downhill  when you drive at that speed, the changes and then it starts working.

But sometimes you can heard as the gearbox clicks when it does so from up and down gear.

interesting, in S (sport) there is no such thing, because in the higher gear it switches circa at 60, and in the lower at 54. While in D (drive) it works at the same speed (53.kmh)

Now is it up to the software? Or is it up to mechatronics, some speed sensors or maybe  Gearbox oil? Or the whole gearbox is done? : D haha

Does anyone know what is?

Here is video:

2. U Driving 60 and brake from 5-4 gear. at 2nd gear each when lowering one by one it downshifts and rpms are going up at each gear. When it comes to the second gear it  lowers the throttle to 950 rpm and the revs are at 950 not depending on speed.  Until you press gas and  only then car raises the revs to type 1300 1400 and after everything is normal. (sometimes you can feel jerk while car is doing that). Afterwards it normally car pulling up rmps and upshifting normally.

I've tried other dsgs and cars  don't do that.  Cars downshift every gear normally and in 2nd gear too and revs rise with downshift. Now is that normal or not. I have no idea.