Clutch Click! Driving Me Mad!

Mikhail

They should replace the pedal box to cure this problem but be aware that there are also two bushes that should replaced at the same time to prevent any recurrences of the problem.

Fred

After a long long while... I've since had a Fabia and now a Yeti.. recently thought of having another citigo as a spare car (have company car also) it's nice to hear that the clutch click has been resolved for most...

• 11 months later...

I can now be a member of  the clutch click club. My Citigo Colour Edition since before December has developed a random click when the clutch is first pressed. The click is when the pedal is first pressed (at the top) but doesn't happen all the time. I did contact my local Skoda dealer (Allams, Epsom) where I bought the car, brand new in January last year. I asked if I would have to pay for the repair as surely it should be covered under warranty, but they just said that clutches aren't covered under warranty. Even though the car has only done just under 6500 miles, should I push to get the fault fixed under warranty?

2 hours ago, ncd said:

I can now be a member of  the clutch click club. My Citigo Colour Edition since before December has developed a random click when the clutch is first pressed. The click is when the pedal is first pressed (at the top) but doesn't happen all the time. I did contact my local Skoda dealer (Allams, Epsom) where I bought the car, brand new in January last year. I asked if I would have to pay for the repair as surely it should be covered under warranty, but they just said that clutches aren't covered under warranty. Even though the car has only done just under 6500 miles, should I push to get the fault fixed under warranty?

See my post above. Dealer should replace clutch box and bushes, it's got nothing to do with the actual clutch and is a well known problem.

Fred

• Like 1

18 hours ago, g6zru said:

See my post above. Dealer should replace clutch box and bushes, it's got nothing to do with the actual clutch and is a well known problem.

Fred

Thanks Fred for confirming it is the Pedal/bushes problem.

• 3 months later...

Any advice for out of warranty fix? Got a 2011 vrs with clicking clutch. It was repaired under warranty, which lasted about a week. Just paid off finance deal (having decided to stick with car) and want to get all of the small niggles resolved.