Clutch Click! Driving Me Mad!

Mikhail

Sounds like Lucy's dealer acknowledged a problem but it was then stopped when escalated to skoda UK which is worrying.

It would be useful to know if skoda/vw/vag are working on a solution or just sticking their collective heads in the sand. It would be nice to think its the former.

Might be time to notify customer services and see what if anything they have to say about it .I don't like the dealer local to me so unless they are sure there's a fix I think I will just wait and see still.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes you wonder what they are doing about it perhaps if every one reports it to skoda and then get watchdog involved ,but I must say that I had 11 skodas before the citigo and this is the first clutch noise I have had .must have lucky before.

got my car booked in for next Thursday and Friday for them to take sound recordings of the noise but I've got my letter ready and I'll be sending a copy to bbc watchdog if nothing gets solved I've used the sales of goods act 1979 (i think its that year) had nothing but attitude of the service team so will also be making a complain about that too i got new car thinking it would be less hassle how wrong was i!! will keep you all informed :-)

I remember reading about the dreaded clutch click and thinking "well my car's OK", but then it happened to me, and it really is the peskiest most niggly thing in the world whilst you're driving. It's hard to explain to anyone who's never experienced it but you end up dreading changing gear in anticipation of hearing and FEELING that click. In the end I just fiddled about operating the clutch both pumping it and jiggling it near to the click (if that makes sense) and the problem went away and hasn't reappeared in several thousand miles of motoring.

Wow, I'm so glad and disappointed to see that so many people are coming forward as affected. It is now time to play skoda at their own game, anyone that would gladly like to be on board for an appeal to Watchdog please post below! Let's get something done!

Reported my clicking clutch pedal to skoda customer care today just in Case it turns in to something nasty .I was told I would get a reply with 48 hours 2 hours later i get a call that's quick only to be told take it to a dealer can't comment on it till it's been seen. Mentioned that it seems to be a common problem with the citigo etc only to be told it's not a known problem .Something tells me I will be wasting my time!

I can only relay what I was told I mentioned that it's on briskoda and vw up forums and she just said she could not comment until the car is seen by a skoda service agent ,and this was supposed to be a manager ringing me back and she would ring me back to see which dealer I took it to in early January ,as I had told her it was brought from a dealer along distance from me and I did not like the nearest dealer to me.

• Like 1

It is known within the dealer network, but Skoda have a TPI posted that says it's a "normal" noise and it does not affect the operation, performance or longevity of the clutch assembly and therefore not to replace anything.

On a personal note, if I'd spent good money on a car and it made that noise I wouldn't be best impressed.

• Like 1

I didn't think she was trying to fob me off but it was if she was towing the company line so to speak.The point of ringing skoda was to log it as a complaint against the car just in case it gets worse they did ask present mileage and when problem started.

I think it is a great little car but I think this problem is not going to go away so I may as well them look at it to see if it is "normal" and if it is I will ask why they have been replacing various clutch components on other cars.

:)

Well I went to dealers today with clicky Citigo and although the guy was helpful and reported it to skoda the reply came back that is know issue with the car as we all thought lol ,and they were not to change pedal etc probably because they won't get paid. He said the car in the show room which was brand new did it . So will report to customer services again and wait and wait etc until they find a fix .

Ps if I turn the music UP I can't hear it and carry on enjoy driving the car:)

Good luck with getting it fixed. I have a grinding noise from my clutch, and after a few months of trying to get a fix and involving Skoda UK, here is the final decision from Skoda on the excessive clutch noise.

"The noise reported on release of the clutch pedal have been diagnosed as a characteristic of the vehicle. Skoda UK have informed us through technical product information ... that the noises are due to the design of the power unit and are in accordance with the state of the art production."

• 2 weeks later...

I've now done just over 3000miles and I now have a click coming from the clutch pedal.I've also have a grinding noise from clutch when I pull away but if I give it a few more revs its not so noticeable.

SKODA NEEDS TO RECALL!!! Appalling customer service, and appalling build quality so far!

Recall and change what?

It's all well and good fitting a new pedal unit for the noise to go away but if it's the same item being replaced it'll do it again.

In Skoda's eyes, as long as it's not affecting the vehicle negatively in anyway they'll see very little need to do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Citigo Sport into dealer today to look at the click from clutch pedal, after 45 mins they came back and said that Skoda had posted a TPI and its normal!The dealer also compared mine too one in the showroom and they said that it was the same on that one.