Clutch Click! Driving Me Mad!

Mikhail

SKODA NEEDS TO RECALL!!! Appalling customer service, and appalling build quality so far!

Agreed. Having owned three previous Skoda's I've never had any complaints and I've been a satisfied owner. It's bad enough that there are quality issues with my car and it's gearbox and clutch. However they're couldn't care less attitude rubs salt in to the wound. They need to find fixes for these problems, and start replacing faulty items. It's unnaceptable.

Took my Citigo Sport into dealer today to look at the click from clutch pedal, after 45 mins they came back and said that Skoda had posted a TPI and its normal!The dealer also compared mine too one in the showroom and they said that it was the same on that one.

This reply from the dealer and Skoda UK is unacceptable. It's like saying your car is faulty, but they're all faulty, live with it. Really, who would consider a loud clicking clutch pedal to be acceptable!?

Edited by WipeOut

Well my clutch pedal click has disappeared to be replaced by the pedal creaking both have been reported to skoda customer services and i have been told the same story it's a known fault to which I have said that it is on record and if the clutch or gearbox fail then they will have to fix it under warranty . Having had quite a few Skoda's before I said it would be my last if it lets me down, only to be told sorry you feel that way sir . I still think my Citigo is a great little car and it does what I need to do , just disappointed about Skoda's couldn't care less attitude .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've now had the same response from Skoda as everyone else. The annoyance I have is, they say it's normal but haven't even looked at it. I'm ready to report to watchdog. Please add your name to this list so we can take the fight to them.

DylJam - Leeds

Mine does this, but have noticed that there is about 1-2cm of "sideways" movement in the pedal and if I push my foot towards the brake pedal when releseing the clutch it DOESNT make the click. to me it sounds like a return spring fouling on the mechanism of the pedal then coming free.

Ill get down in the footwell this weekend to see If I can see the cause!

Edited by masserator

• 2 weeks later...

I have completed 6000 miles in my Citigo now and reckon I've had the dreaded clutch click for the last half of that mileage. Get it on release. Feel it under the foot very distinctly. Irritation but I've lived with it and felt I will mention it at 1st service. Maybe I should raise it with dealer sooner so I don't prejudice my position if something does go seriously wrong with the clutch, but the posts on here have kind of reassured me that it's not untypical for this model.

I've read on the UP Forum that it can be solved,by VW at least. A guy had a new peddle,clutch switch(whatever that is) and a new slave cylinder fitted and had solved his problem.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

Well it's been a while since I've been on the forum but I'm pleased to say I have found a FIX for the dreaded clutch click!

I went out and bought a Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo instead!

Miss the handling of the Citigo Sport.. But NO MORE CLUTCH CLICK! HOORAY!

I get the distinct impression from the posts on here that skoda mechanics rely on the plugin computer. if the computer says no fault, they reach the end of their talents.

Any half wit backstreet garage would be able to fix these issues. There is a large spring to push the pedal backup, there is a cable on the top of the mechanism, there is a switch probably to tell the computer you are in clutched mode.

potential the spring is dislodging and manoeuvring a step causing a click. it might even have itched out a groove. causing the click. changing the pedal removes the groove. fitting a better shaped spring(they wont be precision shaped) might rub/slip less and not click.

My recommendation to many of you is try going to an actual mechanic with mechanical skills. it wont effect warranty as you can demand they use genuine skoda parts.

• Like 3

I wish I'd found this forum before ordering my Citigo! I only collected mine two weeks ago and already the clutch click is driving me nuts! I don't know whether to be relieved that it's a known issue and not just my car or annoyed that I'll have to apparently learn to live with the irritation. Hoping maybe mine will grow out of it.  :wonder:

Rang the service manager at my Skoda dealership today (Blsde Group, Gloucester - from whom I bought my Citigo in October last year) to say I had the dreaded clutch click (and to a lesser extent a click on the brake pedal) and he very quickly told me that Skoda had issued them with a directive, to not attend to the problem (replace/repair) as it was a recognised issue that was under investigation. They were willing to take a look at it and suggested I bring it to their attention again at the next service (done 6,000 miles) but effectively until they have been informed otherwise by Skoda, their hands are tied. I will be doing so at the 10,000 mile service as currently it is not a major issue, just damn irritating. I will report back then.

I got my Citigo from Blade too and the service department have always been very good indeed and honest, they even did work on my Octavia (had to remove most of the dash) under warranty even when the warranty ran out the week before. So I would mostly trust what they say! I have had the clutch click but for now it's mostly gone! That being said I will also bring it up with them at my service, more get reported the better :-)

P.s look out for my white sport (with no middle stripe) around Gloucester :-)

The problem with Skoda saying "Do nothing" is, the amount of cases being reported are minimal. Do the dealerships have a responsibility to tell Skoda UK of how many people they've told "Yeah, known issue. Hands are tied".

Can someone do a serious survey on this site of how many of us have had this?

I've also heard a click when applying the break and now a clunk from the rear drivers side wheel when accelerating/going over bumps in the road.

I got my Citigo from Blade too and the service department have always been very good indeed and honest, they even did work on my Octavia (had to remove most of the dash) under warranty even when the warranty ran out the week before. So I would mostly trust what they say! I have had the clutch click but for now it's mostly gone! That being said I will also bring it up with them at my service, more get reported the better :-)

P.s look out for my white sport (with no middle stripe) around Gloucester :-)

Interesting Daveface. Thanks for that. Nothing against the Service Dept. Though I have to say the Sales guys (or Guy) was abysmal. No information; misinformation; no thanks when placed my order; barely looked at me when the handover was made (sat talking as if from an autocue whilst looking over my shoulder out the window); didn't tell me you could only make one payment on a credit card until it was too late (had already paid the deposit on c.card and had to rapidly try and transfer funds for the balance onto my debit card at the last minute - screwed up everything); sent me garbled, unprofessional emails littered with spelling mistakes etc. Wound me up and I am Mr Laid Back ! They were very poor.

Will look out for your non stripe Sport !!!

Pistol,

I hope you gave them a bad score when Skoda UK asked for comments when you purchased your Citigo? I gave our dealer a really low score as there handling was just as bad. If it was not to long ago i would recommend you contact Skoda customer service and complain. 

Pistol,

I hope you gave them a bad score when Skoda UK asked for comments when you purchased your Citigo? I gave our dealer a really low score as there handling was just as bad.

Yes I did. They also asked me if I wanted my feedback to be raised with the dealership and to get them to contact me. At first (being soft in the head) I said "No, its OK. I don't want to get anyone into trouble". However, they were so suprised at my feedback they kept asking me, so I said "Ok". Suprise suprise I never heard a Dicky Bird. Over and done now. Will see what they're like at the service.

Sorry, gone off topic a bit.