Guide : How to remove EGR valve and how to fit the group buy EGR delete pipe

Dann2707

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2013 at 18:04, KBPhoto said:

It is great for numpties like me though.

The pictures REALLY help.

I'm not planning an EGR delete but do want to check and clean SWMBO's and your guide is spot on for me.

Looks like I've got (another) job at the weekend...

Thank you for taking the time.

Buy some ubik 2000 great for egr cleaning like new this was on my freelander bmw motor.

17F1E737-561A-4566-B92C-96FD381055AF.jpeg

53549EB5-BDC9-42F2-8C9A-DEA0B43FDDFF.jpeg

7A6BE476-0187-4CFB-8BFA-82E2007BD748.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Just had my EGR off for a good clean - never been touched in 13 years and I was suprised how clean it was to be honest. Just a general gunging. I read here how it was hard to remove but to get at the rear exhaust connector bolt I made a special tool from a 6mm allen key and a 6mm ratchet spanner. Made it a doddle. I cut a 2cm length of key, pushed it through the ratchet spanner and held it so that about 7mm stuck out either side with a bit of glue. Now I accessed the bolts easy. For the bottom of the three manifold bolts I just used a 5mm 1/4 drive bit on a 10cm extension bar.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 20:44, wafers said:

Thanks OP for this useful thread. I wondered if I could have some advice? I need to unstick my VNT turbo vanes on my 07 BXE engined 1.9 TDI Leon. Looking at this thread, the engine looks near identical to the layout of the equivalent Skodas, hence my asking on here.

I've been re-reading about the 'Mr Muscle' method of cleaning up the turbo vanes, and had success with it when I owned an older Audi TDI a few years back. Obviously the EGR position on the Skoda/Vw/Seat engines are different to the Audi layout, so the original guide here http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/un-sticking-your-tdi-vnt-turbo-vanes.107121/ isn't much use right now.

I need to remove one of the EGR pipes in order to feed a silicon pipe down to turbo itself.

Am I right in thinking that if I remove the EGR itself, that the smaller pipe below in this photo is the one which I can feed the pipe straight into?

20141005_182809.jpg

Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I know this is an old thread that I'm bringing back to life but I didn't see that the question raised in the post I've quoted was answered.  There is lots of info about sticky vanes on here but I've got an 03 Octy PD130 and the layout is like the above.  I'm trying to figure if the Mr Muscle cleaning technique can be used through the pipe in the centre of this photo or if this has to be removed and the Mr Muscle applied through the next join.

From what I can see, this pipe does lead to the right place and the actuator is located just down from it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another great tutorial for BMS engine version (with electronic EGR valve) can be found here in Spanish.

https://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=250784.0

Just use an online translator if needed.

The pictures are from a VW Caddy but the parts are the same as in the Fabia 1.4 TDI Greenline.

The EGR valve is a Pierburg 7.00907.03.0.

The 3 screws to remove are T30. Not easy to access but doable.

The valve can be hard to remove. Use some high temperature grease to remove it easier next time. Something  like this is perfect: ATE Plastilube.

Replace seal after cleaning. Part number: N 905 216 04.

I hope this helps, I spent many hours looking for this info.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not saying they're either a good or bad thing, just my experience:

I took mine off because it was sooted up and the car was going into limp because of it, maybe a result of running on supermarket diesel. On the standard map, my perception was it made it lag a little more, but boost a little harder when it did, but when I say a little, I do mean a little. 

Downside is it made the idle a little rougher on both cars, and threw a fault light on the 54- fabia (but not the 02- ibiza), both had the same ASZ engine, fixed as part of the remap I was doing anyway. 

Personally, I'll keep running it, but If I were doing it all again from the start, I'd probably not bother but fit one of the little restrictor plates at the bottom of the feeder pipe instead.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2006 skoda fabia 1.4 tdi 70bhp looks the same engine as the thread. 

The Eml will that stay of or come on?

Thanks

Edited by Kelly_Heroes

8 minutes ago, Kelly_Heroes said:

I have a 2006 skoda fabia 1.4 tdi 70bhp looks the same engine as the thread. 

The Eml will that stay of or come on?

Thanks

Pull the vacuum hose off the top of the EGR, block the hose with a golf tee or similar, then drive it around for a week and you'll find out.

• 1 year later...
On 04/09/2019 at 21:31, grumpy1 said:

That was interesting and well written but under the new MOT regulations if the tester spots what you've done then it's a fail!

37 minutes ago, grumpy1 said:

I'm surprised that nobody has pointed out that if your MOT tester spots that you've tampered with the emission control system it's a fail.

You forgot yourself. 🤣

• 1 year later...
On 01/12/2019 at 07:57, Butterball said:

What are the benefits from removing the egr valve? 

It helps to stop all the crap going back in to the engine causing blockages from the exhaust system egr valve.

This is why we bypass the egr valve my engines are cleaner and smoother long term tried and tested over 12 years now.

This also eliminates future problems on modern cars with egr valves.