Black Betty

crazyash88

Thought it was time to start a thread of Black Betty seeing as though she has been treated to a few goodies in only a short space of time....

Well here goes.....

I was looking for something cheap to insure and fun to drive for my first car. I used to walk past my Skoda dealership almost every day and having seen various Citigos I knew I had I wanted one.

So a few phone calls later to see if they had any in, I made an appointment.

I was shown a white 5dr Elegance, the spec I wanted and the colour. However I was told I couldn't have that one... So whilst sales work out a few cars for me I took a walk around the dealership, I spoted a black one... not the colour I wanted but better than waiting,... so 1 signature on the paper and shes mine.....

pmyb.jpg d2ef.jpg

Just the long wait to get her :(

Hometime for Betty and more pictures, well just to show the Tints...

ujyj.jpg  x04i.jpg

Your proberly wondering why she is called Black Betty..... Well.... After picking her up and taking her for a drive, Black Betty came on the radio and the name has stuck...

Betty didn't stay standard for long, infact her first mod was MTEC sidelight and DRL bulbs and the BRI sticker.

Then followed a stubby mast....

0cgu.jpg

Osram bulbs were also added at a later date...

Betty then reached a milestone.... 1000 miles, no problems, even after the bad weather we had in March....

2ybj.jpg

She was then washed, ready to be made slighty different.....

3xqj.jpg   tv15.jpg

uq2i.jpg  1tas.jpg

SILVER DECALS..... Cheapest bargain off the internet, and to make it even more different I haven't fit the side decals as the kit was a 3dr kit....

hjfs.jpg  egfy.jpg

c6fq.jpg  8b06.jpg

Not added anything else yet apart from a spare wheel.....

She has just ticked over 10300 miles and she's been no hassle.... First service was done and no problems.... only thing that has been replaced is the release bearing due to being noisey.

The PID unit makes journeys nice and easy.... Bluetooth, music, Sat nav and trip computer in 1 device.... Only thing I do dislike is having to put the PID on everytime I want to connect bluetooth but Im living with that.

So there you have it..... The story of black betty

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Another update... Not a good one :(

Mounted a kerb at the weekend missing a cat and damaged her :(

She drained every last bit if oil from her sump, lost a plastic cover and bent the subframe and lower arm... All this at approx 5-10mph.

Currently awaiting surgery and the parts. Total is about £700.

Going to treat her to a full valet when the works done so she will be all shiny ready for winter.

• 1 month later...

Just another update.....

The car has been fixed since my little accident :) It was fixed just before Christmas and drives like a new one

Just ticked over 13100 miles and still smiling.... I keep looking at more things to do but im always unsure what to do....

Anyone any thoughts of how to make it more unique????

• 1 month later...

Update..... Well Nothing much but new exhaust heatshield fitted under warranty due to the clips cominf adrift.

Oh.... Also a small paint repair on the o/s wing and bumper due to someone scrapping her after I had polished her. 3rd party took full responsibility and paid up, so makes everything much better. Pics up later

• Like 1

• 7 months later...