Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

6 minutes ago, stever750 said:

I like the box and the springs. I might even remove the vrs badges on mine, fit 16" winter tyres and turn the box up to +3

i'm sure if i opened your glove compartment i could find a pipe and slippers in there :D

1 hour ago, JohnnyType2 said:

i'm sure if i opened your glove compartment i could find a pipe and slippers in there :D

That would be driving slippers and a 6" diameter pipe brother. Don't underestimate the power of experience ;)

On 11/11/2017 at 21:34, brettikivi said:

37646448_afaa9d8d4aa383e0b312c28ed95130b

Still, I can feel the dirt in the wax on the front passenger door. Might yet have to clay it again before winter, will try a pressure wash first.

- Bret

Ever thought about ceramic coating? a lot less hassle than waxing every 4 washes. Looks like your roads are more like farm tracks. That is a lot of dirt. i'm assuming you get quite a bit of snow a swell?

4 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

Ever thought about ceramic coating? a lot less hassle than waxing every 4 washes. Looks like your roads are more like farm tracks. That is a lot of dirt. i'm assuming you get quite a bit of snow a swell?

A friend of mine did ceramic coating on her black Golf GTE, but she was not that happy - here in Finland there are loads of debris flying and when it hit the coating it left cracks on it, that are not so easy to repair. I am still not sold on it and she was not so happy either.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 00:25, JohnnyType2 said:

what i've aquired So far...

crdt3+ tuning box

pedalbox

carbon splitter and skirts

vRS badges front and rear

vRS centre caps

genuine mud flaps [tbf]

Black Pack Grill surround[tbf]

full 18" gemini spare

colour coded eyelids

carbon mirror caps and door handles

maxton design rear splitter carbon dipped

H&R Spacers 15 front 20mm rear [tbf]

carbon trunk protector and boot lid and ledge

bonnet damper set

19" extremes on the way and H&R 40mm lowering springs. 

full LED lights inside and out kits [tbf]

vRS1.jpg.fa1c157cfb7d91bbb02b99663fc92786.jpg

mirror cover fit nicely

vRS3.jpg.e7352726b7f00ef78f30e00106dc1210.jpg

boot lid edge cover

vRS4.jpg.c05343345b4d2acd99227d1b48c57792.jpg

the adhesive on these covers was useless and had to be replaced with numberplate tape.

vRS2.jpg.6b1df1ff2b6785ce880051a08d110cae.jpg

Where is the boot lid edge cover from please?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

that's 2000km *on motorways* over a period of two weeks. I normally wash every month or so, this was an extreme case. I'm really surprised about teh dirt on the door, but that's the way it is. The snow washes most of it off (but scratches in the process) and I've previously been really happy with Collinite on the A2. That's nearly 15 years old and has survived 13 winters here, and teh paint is still really quite good. 

I've no real issue with re-waxing, but I'm really surprised the dirt is sticking that well. :( I've been colliniting for years, this is with EGP underneath, then wax, and then a second coat a day later. Which is why I'd prefer to not take it off if I don't have to ....

- Bret

24 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Where is the boot lid edge cover from please?

Superskoda, all real carbon fibre (except the splitter & skirts, i guess they would be too expensive and brittle).

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-Combi-under-rear-trunk-lid-PURE-CARBON-FIBRE

6 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

A friend of mine did ceramic coating on her black Golf GTE, but she was not that happy - here in Finland there are loads of debris flying and when it hit the coating it left cracks on it, that are not so easy to repair. I am still not sold on it and she was not so happy either.

I have a ceramic coating on my car and I have no problems with it.

It does seem to have a bit harder surface, I've heard some stones hitting it but no visible damage.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

grill surround change and mudflaps added

large.avatar_big.jpg.7eb7efe237c7a7059441ca5d1444e272.jpg

Looking very good, Where did you get the grill surround from, and is it hard to change? im getting one for mine

cheers

Neil

21 hours ago, negaultra7 said:

Looking very good, Where did you get the grill surround from, and is it hard to change? im getting one for mine

cheers

Neil

large.grill_surround03.jpg.c593b4bd3793c17a3b0c948ea49ec2a1.jpglarge.grill_surround02.jpg.f54f2f918e57d7d1a61da328000580e5.jpg
large.grill_surround01.jpg.188c221a5dfe9302ed4aabfc2ce27d52.jpg

Its a pain in the a$$, It came off in 3 pieces unfortunately and that wasn't easy. Trim removal tools are essential i wouldn't do it with a screwdriver as you would definitely damage the paint o the bumper...

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2017 at 18:50, JohnnyType2 said:

large.grill_surround03.jpg.c593b4bd3793c17a3b0c948ea49ec2a1.jpglarge.grill_surround02.jpg.f54f2f918e57d7d1a61da328000580e5.jpg
large.grill_surround01.jpg.188c221a5dfe9302ed4aabfc2ce27d52.jpg

Its a pain in the a$$, It came off in 3 pieces unfortunately and that wasn't easy. Trim removal tools are essential i wouldn't do it with a screwdriver as you would definitely damage the paint o the bumper...

Use a small snips to snip off the tabs on the old grill surround. will take 2 min. and the new one will pop on with no issue and no paint damage. 

7mqkA42m.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nickdmk3fl_vrs said:

Just received my mk3 fl on Friday and I have loved every second so far! 

20171117_170744.jpg

Very Nice, I'm glad you chose the best and the Correct colour for the Vrs

**  Other Variants, Incorrect and not the best Colours are available  **

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1