Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

SuperSkoda have a 20% off sale for the next few days (until 29/01/2018), which is what I was waiting for, so will be posting pics as soon as new bits arrive and I've had time to fit them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, j1mg said:

SuperSkoda have a 20% off sale for the next few days (until 29/01/2018), which is what I was waiting for, so will be posting pics as soon as new bits arrive and I've had time to fit them.

Thanks for the heads up :-)

Picked the Mk3 up Friday and with the weather just managed a quick phone photo. It's going to be my 20k a year commuter,

I'll post more up when the weather gets better and I can clean it.

It's a 2015 Elegance TDi DSG, 22k miles with one private owner from new who went a bit mad with the options. So it has Columbus NAV, Bi Xenon with AFS and cornering black fogs, Self Parking, Winter Pack (Haeted Seats, Front Screen and Washer Jets), spare wheel and 5 year extended warranty.

27067050_10213291471978622_7271826173676421604_n.jpg.6219e51b83f4be345d618a74dc24098d.jpg

It joins our 2016 1.2TSi DSG SE Yeti and 2012 1.2TSi SE Octavia

Lee

• Like 4

11 hours ago, logiclee said:

Picked the Mk3 up Friday and with the weather just managed a quick phone photo. It's going to be my 20k a year commuter,

I'll post more up when the weather gets better and I can clean it.

It's a 2015 Elegance TDi DSG, 22k miles with one private owner from new who went a bit mad with the options. So it has Columbus NAV, Bi Xenon with AFS and cornering black fogs, Self Parking, Winter Pack (Haeted Seats, Front Screen and Washer Jets), spare wheel and 5 year extended warranty.

27067050_10213291471978622_7271826173676421604_n.jpg.6219e51b83f4be345d618a74dc24098d.jpg

It joins our 2016 1.2TSi DSG SE Yeti and 2012 1.2TSi SE Octavia

Lee

I had the yeti as a courtesy car and it was a really nice car to drive. The only let down is the boot space in imo

3 minutes ago, Madmax889 said:

I had the yeti as a courtesy car and it was a really nice car to drive. The only let down is the boot space in imo

You have to remember the  Yeti's size, it's shorter than a Mk6 Golf. But the varifllex seating means you can slide the back seats forward, fold down the rear seats, tilt the rear seats up against the front seats or take the rear seats out altogether one at a time.

It's a very compact car and with the tall seating position and upright windows it's great around town. My wife likes it much more than our Octavia's. 

But it's shape isn't great for motorway work which I mainly do, economy really suffers if you push the Yeti to high motorway speeds. It has the aerodynamics of a brick.

Lee

2 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

They were standard wheels on a VRS a few years back. A choice of those or the Gemini’s 

Correct. Was a standard set when new and I'm using them as the winter set

Edited by Magget

26 minutes ago, dhvrs said:

Could you take a few more pictures of the new front black bumper add on. 

I am undecided on if I should get one for mine. 

Thanks 

Here’s an unedited picture of the above plus another :)  I got the black lip from super skoda it’s not wrapped. 

859B641C-3FBB-43A4-88D7-222B1F74A2C4.thumb.jpeg.245787e5e76e5d2e9aeebaabf40cd6f1.jpeg

C5281998-6AE9-4957-BEF5-CB9735A265E4.thumb.jpeg.7258ff8b75dbc728614b2345c1486ac0.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dhvrs said:

Thanks. I was planning on getting the superskoda one. 

Are you happy with it? Does it enhance the looks ? 

I really like it, other people have commented on how it makes the front look more aggressive. 

My only niggle is that the designer didn’t take into account the thickness of the adhesive tape running along the front so it doesn’t sit all the way back against the front grill, if you look carefully at the pictures you can just about see a white strip. 

1 minute ago, dhvrs said:

Might just bite the bullet while there is 20% off. I did notice that small gap. I could remove some of the tape to allow it to sit further back. 

You may be able to remove the front strip of tape but I would imagine it will be a pig to do. I have bought some plastidip spray which I intended to use as the cover up. It’s only a few mm at the back. 

16 hours ago, creamvRS said:

Car is starting to look like a mean wagon!

Just ordered the brows myself, went for Blue to match the car, but the black really does work. Took my Hekos off a while back too, I could hear a whistle on the motorway, which annoyed me and it was the likely culprit (it was)

On 29/01/2018 at 09:19, creamvRS said:

Car is starting to look like a mean wagon!

27537179_10155773568931690_236651292_o.jpg

Was thinking about getting the eyebrows, I have seen them on SuperSkoda's website, I presume they come unpainted? & do you mind if you can take a picture or 2 from the front of the car rather than at an angle, as they do really look smart but would like to see a full on front face picture, if you don't mind, Thanks B)

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

Was thinking about getting the eyebrows, I have seen them on SuperSkoda's website, I presume they come unpainted? & do you mind if you can take a picture or 2 from the front of the car rather than at an angle, as they do really look smart but would like to see a full on front face picture, if you don't mind, Thanks B)

They now do pre-painted ones, bit of a premium on them... but i'm lazy. £50 vs £25.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-abs-plastic-eyebrows-SPORTIVE-painted-in-original-Skoda-metallic-paint

• Like 1