Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

25 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

Do I keep it for one more year ? Or does it go for a black 245 ? It's all about the front ........power I ain't bothered about , it's chipped anyway , it's doing my head in , can't make up my mind

Didn't think you liked the front end? compared to last month? & wasn't you car the best thing since slice bread :D

34 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

Do I keep it for one more year ? Or does it go for a black 245 ? It's all about the front ........power I ain't bothered about , it's chipped anyway , it's doing my head in , can't make up my mind

IMG_0357.JPG

This is why I bought a used 66 plate vrs instead of buying a new one. It’s all to do with the front headlights. I prefer the mk3 not the mk3.5

3 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

It's the front that's causing the problems. Love the old front . But she is 3 years old now and this is the longest I've ever kept a car 

:D :rofl: I understand & to be honest I was not a fan of the new front end & it's kinda grown on me now, I still prefer the older front end but like the new front end a little better than when I first laid eyes on it.

(A) If the car being 3 years old is more the bother for you than the new front end? or (B) is the new front end more of a bother than your car being 3 years old etc?

If you answer (A) then change the vehicle but if your answer is (B) then I would just keep what you currently have, unless you get a cracking spec new shape at a great deal that can't be ignored.

Also as you know, the resale value probably ain't going to change even if you purchased a new front end shape? No doubt the more you keep your current vehicle, the less it's going to be worth but if your current car is running like a dream & with it being chipped keeps a smile on your face & you can smoke the new 245's even those with a DTUK box fitted! then I would just keep what you have.

The only thing I can say I really like for sure on the new model is the seats (material) & the way they feel & I like the new dials (heaters etc) stereo/screen so that might be something to think about in making your decision.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A18kny said:

Personally I’m gutted what they have done with the facelift, the value for money on these cars isn’t amasing but I’ll struggle to change mine to a new facelift :-(

I'm the same, coming to the end of a Three year PCP on 0%. Not thrilled by the facelift and with PCP over 6%, I think I'll buy my current car, with only 25k on the clock.

1 minute ago, jobsworth said:

I'm the same, coming to the end of a Three year PCP on 0%. Not thrilled by the facelift and with PCP over 6%, I think I'll buy my current car, with only 25k on the clock.

Mk4 comes out soon . Not bad looking 

21 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

Mk4 comes out soon . Not bad looking 

Mk4 vrs is 2020 isn’t it?  Is one of the reasons i’ve Just gone for a 3 yr deal

mk8 golf launch is June 2019 with gti before end of 2019. So vrs will be mid 2020 earliest with decent deals 2021 is my thinking...

Edited by Reddazforever

There are loads of Octavia IV renders floating around on Google, mostly from German or eastern European car mags.

Some look really sexy, but I’d be a bit suspicious of those with the really shallow headlight clusters as there’s no way a conventional halogen reflector would generate enough light at that size. LEDS and some HiDs would, but do we really think Skoda will ditch basic lighting on the Octavia? Let’s see what VW does with the next Golf, which would always get such a change first.